******THE OFFICIAL SUNDAY NON-NY JETS FOOTBALL GAMES THREAD******

joewilly12

1 hour ago, Lith said:

They have punted 6 times in their last 4 games.  We have punted 29 times in our last four games, with at least 6 in each game.

Ugh. I just hope we clean house for Darnolds sake.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but go over to the Leveon Bell thread... you'll hear a bunch of guys telling you we don't need guys like Bell or Mack. They're too old, and will never produce when they get paid. They're the same guys who whine after every loss the Jets need to make big plays though.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, but go over to the Leveon Bell thread... you'll hear a bunch of guys telling you we don't need guys like Bell or Mack. They're too old, and will never produce when they get paid. They're the same guys who whine after every loss the Jets need to make big plays though.

No worries we will draft a better player with the #1 draft pick :hap:

I am jealous of what the Bears have built.  Offensive minded head coach, surrounded a young QB with plenty of weapons, solid OL, creative approach on O.  Playmakers on the defensive side of the ball.  This is a really good team.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Didnt we try to trade up for trubisky?  This guy is the next big thing.  Hes got all the tools.  Great player.

We have our trubisky/Goff in Darnold.  We just have to fire our version of jeff fisher/john fox and get some weapons

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This was the knock on on Cousins in Washington - he never could win the big games. There’s gonna be a lot of angry Viking fans out there 

Cousins is having his best statistical season to date. What do they have to be angry about? They’re getting their moneys worth out of the QB. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cousins is having his best statistical season to date. What do they have to be angry about? They’re getting their moneys worth out of the QB. 

Because they made the NFC Championship game last season and the bar has been set right there. He has to win the big games for them and in his first big one of the season that may decide the division he has a 33 QBR at halftime.

He looks to be continuing his trend from Washington unfortunately

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I haven't watched a lot of the Vikings, so I'll take your word for it. He just never showed me anything to get excited about when he was with the 'Skins. I was never on board with him coming here, even though he was a upgrade from McCown, I didn't want 6-7 years of him.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They obviously payed him to be the missing piece to get them over the hump. At this rate, they're looking like a Wild Card team lmao

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Because they made the NFC Championship game last season and the bar has been set right there. He has to win the big games for them and in his first big one of the season that may decide the division he has a 33 QBR at halftime.

Well Said. Agree 100% 

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It’s what? Week 11? 

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I haven't watched a lot of the Vikings, so I'll take your word for it. He just never showed me anything to get excited about when he was with the 'Skins. I was never on board with him coming here, even though he was a upgrade from McCown, I didn't want 6-7 years of him.

Three straight years of 4K yards and great seasons never showed you anything? I’d kill to get QB play that competent. 

1 minute ago, King P said:

They obviously payed him to be the missing piece to get them over the hump. At this rate, they're looking like a Wild Card team lmao

They paid him to be better than Case Keenum. They were obviously as a team going to regress from 13-3 based on schedule strength, etc. Let’s see how the whole season plays out before we judge how the deal is working for them. 

5 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Didn’t you essentially call him the dumbest mother****er on the planet for the Trubisky trade?

Yes, and I stand by it, which makes it even more galling that his team’s going to win their division and ours is going to be picking in the top 5.

Just now, dbatesman said:

Yes, and I stand by it, which makes it even more galling that his team’s going to win their division and ours is going to be picking in the top 5.

We didn’t even get a chance to interview him. He was not interested in coming to NY.

25 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Fun Fact: the Bears hired their GM the same offseason we did.

Kind of funny prior to this season he was widely considered a failure.  Then in one off-season he hires a new coach and spends a bunch of money and makes one trade and now people think he's great.

Archived