******THE OFFICIAL SUNDAY NON-NY JETS FOOTBALL GAMES THREAD******

joewilly12

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Colt McCoy is playing. Good thing the Jets don't play Washington. He'd throw for 1000 yards.

Under such circumstances Todd Bowles would be flummoxed and flabbergasted facing the terror that is  the back up QB. I DID NOT PREPARE FOR THIS! WHY IS THIS ALLOWED? 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Landon Collins just made two tackles in the backfield, which by Jets fan standards means he’s the most complete safety in the history of the game.

Collins and Adams are the best players on their respective defenses. Adams is actually THE best player on the Jets. The safety stuff is getting old...

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

If Teddy Bridgewater was the starting QB for Jacksonville they’d be 7-3.

Amazing to me when teams don't upgrade EVERY position when available. Teddy for a #2 was a no brainer for the Jags. Bortles was horrific today, how the hell did Bowles defense make him look like Joe Montana? Every sh*tty QB in this league & their backups look great vs Bowles/Rogers defense.

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Amazing to me when teams don't upgrade EVERY position when available. Teddy for a #2 was a no brainer for the Jags. Bortles was horrific today, how the hell did Bowles defense make him look like Joe Montana? Every sh*tty QB in this league & their backups look great vs Bowles/Rogers defense.

Didn't matter how Bortles played , the NFL had predetermined the winner of that game. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Well it was a no brainer that jax would lose.  When you are owning the other team in the 1st half and you are actively just playing for fgs you deserve to lose.  After that display I want no part of Marrone.

Exactly. That's the mindset when you think your defense can win the game. It's a crutch in this new NFL that just doesn't hold up against good QBs and above average skill position players. 

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Exactly. That's the mindset when you think your defense can win the game. It's a crutch in this new NFL that just doesn't hold up against good QBs and above average skill position players. 

11 -111 vs 3-15 in penalties gave the Steelers a lot of help though

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

11 -111 vs 3-15 in penalties gave the Steelers a lot of help though

What were the penalties?

Defensive holding? Steelers put pressure on every offensive series. Defenders can’t focus for 60 minutes, defenders get tired, start grabbing & holding. Was there any PIs? That’s what happens when you challenge defenses deep. Patriots do it too, and get more than their share of calls. 

12 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

I've been on this train before. I had real hopes this year would see the usual guard overtaken and some new names.

Steelers are playoff squatters.

They are the guest star in the detective tv show that you know are going to be the one that gets knocked off that week.

Yeah, they NEVER win Super Bowls! :rolleyes:

Archived