Neutral End Zones this Weekend at MetLife

JetsFanatic

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Why anyone cares about that either, I can't figure out.

People wanted a West Side Stadium - Okay, you think you have a reason to complain about PSLs and other costs now?  Imagine what they'd be in Manhattan.  Have you ever bought Knicks or Rangers tickets?  Parked near the game?

Also, no tailgating.

It's cost effective to share the stadium and we use it 10/365 days.

Giants should pay more sometimes they actually use it more than 10 come January 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

It's going to be neutral for the Giants game also.

Yes. That's the point. Because it would be too difficult for the Maras to pay the grounds crew OT to paint over the disgusting Jets colors that would have otherwise tainted their stadium. 

3 hours ago, SheaRay said:

All of a sudden this just occurred to me. When did they stop scheduling Jet/Giant games at 1pm/4pm ? They used to do this forever which made sense to boost TV ratings.

You would never see them play both at 1pm. 

When they both began sucking every year so they could show the big non NY games in TV in NY.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes. That's the point. Because it would be too difficult for the Maras to pay the grounds crew OT to paint over the disgusting Jets colors that would have otherwise tainted their stadium. 

The end zones are cut up pieces, they don't paint over them each week.  This is laziness on the part of the teams/stadium.  What they should have done is leave one side Jets and one side Giants rather than blank

Just now, TeddEY said:

In fairness, has either team hosted a playoff game in MetLife?

Giants hosted 1 back when they won the worst division in football and were rewarded with a home playoff game.  That has been the only playoff game played by either team at this stadium but it did host a super bowl

18 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

They don’t paint over it, they actually change the carpet. Lol

21 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I wasnt going to say anything.

Sometimes it's best to just move out of the way lol.

really!  This is the most ridiculous thread ever.  Whichever of you think this is an issue, you need to get a life.  

Two stadiums for the NFL in the NY metropolitan area was never going to happen and will never happen and not just here.  Just like Los Angeles.  Just like the Bay area.  It's why Oakland is moving to Vegas.  

For Christ's sake, get overit already.

Whining bunch of infants.

20 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Still hoping that in my lifetime a new owner will find us our own home out of the Giants swamp. 

Only if they leave the NY/NJ Metro area. Otherwise: pipe dream.  It would be an economic folly to build a pair of NFL stadiums near each other.  This isn't MLB where each team plays 81 games at home.  We are talking about 10 dates + a couple of possible home playoff games.  Yup... Each team needs its own multi billion dollar stadium for a max of 24 dates total per year...  LOL.  So ridiculous that it amazes me that anyone thinks it is a good idea or that it could actually happen.  When the Manhattan West Side stadium deal died, that was it for separate stadiums.  Manhattan would have been the only legit reason (perhaps) to even consider two stadiums.  Without that, it would be stupid. Notwithstanding all the foot stomping from the children here.

16 minutes ago, HessStation said:

It serves as a microcosm, hence the angst 

A microcosm of what?

The Jets are a professional football team as much as the Giants are.  If anyone feels "less than," they probably ought to get their priorities straight.  And, even if not, they probably ought to just acknowledge that the reason we're less than is that the Giants have won and we have not.  Sharing a stadium, or the decorations in the end zones, is not the reason we are bad.  We are bad because we continue to put people in charge who aren't good, and they continue to add bad players to this team.

Just now, TeddEY said:

A microcosm of what?

The Jets are a professional football team as much as the Giants are.  If anyone feels "less than," they probably ought to get their priorities straight.  And, even if not, they probably ought to just acknowledge that the reason we're less than is that the Giants have won and we have not.  Sharing a stadium, or the decorations in the end zones, is not the reason we are bad.  We are bad because we continue to put people in charge who aren't good, and they continue to add bad players to this team.

Not getting their own stadium when they had the chance, preferably but not exclusive to Manhattan. Yes I understand all the logistical issues, no I don’t care about the political jockeying of billionaires, the good ones would have found the loopholes, made it work. Woody is a ******* putz. And there’s only 8 games played in every stadium including college. The 2 teams per square mile argument is invalid. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Only if they leave the NY/NJ Metro area. Otherwise: pipe dream.  It would be an economic folly to build a pair of NFL stadiums near each other.  This isn't MLB where each team plays 81 games at home.  We are talking about 10 dates + a couple of possible home playoff games.  Yup... Each team needs its own multi billion dollar stadium for a max of 24 dates total per year...  LOL.  So ridiculous that it amazes me that anyone thinks it is a good idea or that it could actually happen.  When the Manhattan West Side stadium deal died, that was it for separate stadiums.  Manhattan would have been the only legit reason (perhaps) to even consider two stadiums.  Without that, it would be stupid. Notwithstanding all the foot stomping from the children here.

And no one wants to stop and consider how bad it would be to for games to be in Manhattan.

MSG has a capacity of about 20K.  Metlife has a capacity of 82K.  Even if you cut that to 60K, explain to me how you move 60K people in and out of lower Manhattan on a Sunday.  Or, were you hoping to be back at Flushing/Corona - because if there's one place that never has traffic, it's the GCP...

Just now, HessStation said:

Not getting their own stadium when they had the chance, preferably but not exclusive to Manhattan. Yes I understand all the logistical issues, no I don’t care about the political jockeying of billionaires, the good ones would have found the loopholes, made it work. Woody is a ******* putz. And there’s only 8 games played in every stadium including college. The 2 teams per square mile argument is invalid. 

So, because they're only 8 games per year, it's okay to double it?

Also, you're competing with multiple other stadiums here for events.  Unlike in other areas of the country where there are fewer venues.  New York has Metlife, Yankee, CitiField, MSG, Barclays, and even the Prudential Center.  What draw is another outdoor venue?  I sure as hell don't want to pay for it in my taxes, and I sure as hell don't want Manhattan become a disaster 8 Sundays a year.

33 minutes ago, Dcat said:

really!  This is the most ridiculous thread ever.  Whichever of you think this is an issue, you need to get a life.  

Two stadiums for the NFL in the NY metropolitan area was never going to happen and will never happen and not just here.  Just like Los Angeles.  Just like the Bay area.  It's why Oakland is moving to Vegas.  

For Christ's sake, get overit already.

Whining bunch of infants.

You obviously missed what I was referring to.

Because of that, im going to pretend like you didn't write this. 

39 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So, because they're only 8 games per year, it's okay to double it?

Also, you're competing with multiple other stadiums here for events.  Unlike in other areas of the country where there are fewer venues.  New York has Metlife, Yankee, CitiField, MSG, Barclays, and even the Prudential Center.  What draw is another outdoor venue?  I sure as hell don't want to pay for it in my taxes, and I sure as hell don't want Manhattan become a disaster 8 Sundays a year.

By creating the nicest stadium to have events at...if you care about high taxes and still live in NYC the joke is on you, “Manhattan a disaster 8 Sunday’s a year” OMG lol k

37 minutes ago, HessStation said:

By creating the nicest stadium to have events at...if you care about high taxes and still live in NYC the joke is on you, “Manhattan a disaster 8 Sunday’s a year” OMG lol k

I'm comfortable with what I pay now.  No reason to increase so that Woody Johnson can save money on an unnecessary stadium.

The "nicest" is largely about access.  That's why MSG is and always will be the best.  You'd also need another billion dollars for a retractable roof.  I'm sure that wouldn't play out in ticket/PSL prices.

And yes, sorry if those of us who live here don't want the city immobilized on Fall Sundays.

22 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I'm comfortable with what I pay now.  No reason to increase so that Woody Johnson can save money on an unnecessary stadium.

The "nicest" is largely about access.  That's why MSG is and always will be the best.  You'd also need another billion dollars for a retractable roof.  I'm sure that wouldn't play out in ticket/PSL prices.

And yes, sorry if those of us who live here don't want the city immobilized on Fall Sundays.

Nobody or at least I didn’t say it had to be exclusive to Manhattan.  There were a lot of scenarios much better than the one taken. West side they could have created a lot of possibilities with Ferry/walking bridge systems, it was all very possible and would have given the franchise a true identity and pt of difference vs the Giants. ******* Rockland county would have worked. Somewhere actually in NY and near the city if not in, Would have grown the fan base exponentially. But enjoy the shared sh*thole in Jersey.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Nobody or at least I didn’t say it had to be exclusive to Manhattan.  There were a lot of scenarios much better than the one taken. West side they could have created a lot of possibilities with Ferry/walking bridge systems, it was all very possible and would have given the franchise a true identity and pt of difference vs the Giants. ******* Rockland county would have worked. Somewhere actually in NY and near the city if not in, Would have grown the fan base exponentially. But enjoy the shared sh*thole in Jersey.

There's a bunch of people in Rockland County who are just waiting for an NFL team?  Come on with this.  The Jets sell out an 82K seat stadium.  They don't need Rockland County.

While there may be traffic, you do realize that Metlife/Meadowlands is 9 miles from the Lincoln Tunnel and 10 miles from the GWB.  You think that's an accident?

46 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I'm honestly surprised the NFL didn't push for a shared stadium within NYC.  WSS might have happened if it was shared.   Retractable roof, plenty of hotel space could be a regular SB city, BCS Champ Game, Final Four, etc.

Probably because the Giants were adamant about not leaving NJ.  Plus, a Manhattan stadium would likely be considerably smaller with significantly fewer seats.  Giants a no-go for that.  But they overlooked the chance for a huge revenue boost due to the roof, even though the thing would hold 15-20,000 fewer people.  In another 20-30 years, maybe this will happen.  Why would either team want to continue to play in what will then be an obsolete and truly hideous place (even moreso than it already is and was from opening day)?  "Get out"... as soon as the MetLife mess is fully paid off.  

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

There's a bunch of people in Rockland County who are just waiting for an NFL team?  Come on with this.  The Jets sell out an 82K seat stadium.  They don't need Rockland County.

While there may be traffic, you do realize that Metlife/Meadowlands is 9 miles from the Lincoln Tunnel and 10 miles from the GWB.  You think that's an accident?

You know my point is there are a lot of fans /people who would have gravitated to a team actually based in NYC. And even if you were 10 miles outside it would have meant more to a lot of people even if it were Rockland, Westchester or LI. As if you’re not  adding another 2 hours of traffic on a Sunday regardless. Bottom line was that really, it’s a joke neither team is in the city, and if it were, especially for the red headed step child, it would have made a big different gaining more fans and pride for the team. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

You know my point is there are a lot of fans /people who would have gravitated to a team actually based in NYC. And even if you were 10 miles outside it would have meant more to a lot of people even if it were Rockland, Westchester or LI. As if you’re not  adding another 2 hours of traffic on a Sunday regardless. Bottom line was that really, it’s a joke neither team is in the city, and if it were, especially for the red headed step child, it would have made a big different gaining more fans and pride for the team. 

The Jets tried but dirty politicians blocked it.  It would have been great to not have to worry about traffic and just take the train to the game.  We also would have been in the regular super bowl and final four rotation as well as the college football playoff(when though it didn't exist at the time) and other big events.

On 12/12/2018 at 1:41 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Maras don't want to pay overnight OT (2 weeks before Christmas) to the Ground crew to repaint the endzones, so tough sh*t, Jets. You get a Neutral field on your Saturday stand alone "home" game.

But yeah. It's really just as much the Jets stadium as it is the Giants....

Why do you for one second think this is a giant thing and proof of some nonsensical idea that it's not at least a partial Jets decision.  Are you that insecure?

Unreal how much moaning and groaning goes on by insecure Jets fans about insignificant things like the color of walls, outside looks, EZs etc for a stadium that does what it's main purpose is quite well.  It's not in NY, the city screwed that up, twice

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why do you for one second think this is a giant thing and proof of some nonsensical idea that it's not at least a partial Jets decision.  Are you that insecure?

Unreal how much moaning and groaning goes on by insecure Jets fans about insignificant things like the color of walls, outside looks, EZs etc for a stadium that does what it's main purpose is quite well.  It's not in NY, the city screwed that up, twice

I think it funny. LOL. Seriously.  And yeah. Jets will never come back to NYC.

On 12/12/2018 at 6:18 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Love this commercial!  I still quote it to this day.   Between "Who are the Chefs?" and "matriculate the ball downfield", the Chiefs have some classic lines.

Oh so that’s why Aikman said today that Mahomes matriculated the ball down the field on the very first drive 

13 hours ago, HessStation said:

It serves as a microcosm, hence the angst 

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

no.  It doesn't.  That's nonsense.  

I think it's nonsense too, but you have to admit that Hess Station's post at least has plausible deniability.  ?

Archived