Neutral End Zones this Weekend at MetLife

JetsFanatic

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Maras don't want to pay overnight OT (2 weeks before Christmas) to the Ground crew to repaint the endzones, so tough sh*t, Jets. You get a Neutral field on your Saturday stand alone "home" game.

But yeah. It's really just as much the Jets stadium as it is the Giants....

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Maras don't want to pay overnight OT (2 weeks before Christmas) to the Ground crew to repaint the endzones, so tough sh*t, Jets. You get a Neutral field on your Saturday stand alone "home" game.

It's going to be neutral for the Giants game also.

56 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

They don’t even paint them, they swap out the turf.  

On the list of things to be upset about related to the Jets, endzone and midfield logos just are not that high of a priority.

Weak ownership, lack of in-game adjusmtents, predictability of playcalling, lack of offensive playmakers, no edge rusher, weaak OL, swings and misses in the draft, suspended linebacker, injured RBs, 4-9 record. 

Plenty to be upset about, but neutral end zones just doesn't do it for me.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

On the list of things to be upset about related to the Jets, endzone and midfield logos just are not that high of a priority.

Weak ownership, lack of in-game adjusmtents, predictability of playcalling, lack of offensive playmakers, no edge rusher, weaak OL, swings and misses in the draft, suspended linebacker, injured RBs, 4-9 record. 

Plenty to be upset about, but neutral end zones just doesn't do it for me.

It doesn't bother me much either, but... if I had paid $300 for an authentic NFL Jets jersey to match with my officially licensed cold weather gear mock turtleneck and Jets jacket and Nike Zoom Revis sneakers, when I drove my green and white Winnebago (Max has one, right) to the game, you can damn well bet that I would expect the minute expenditure necessary to paint the ******* end zones green and white.  They are going to ask us to wear (and buy) specific colored gear for certain games and give us a gray end zone?   I don't think it is a big deal, especially since they say the reason is because of the rain in the forecast, but it is still kind of weak.

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, I'm upset we still share a terrible stadium with the Giants in New Jersey.  But that ship has sailed.  So this is barely a blip on the radar of embarrassing things about the Jets.

Why anyone cares about that either, I can't figure out.

People wanted a West Side Stadium - Okay, you think you have a reason to complain about PSLs and other costs now?  Imagine what they'd be in Manhattan.  Have you ever bought Knicks or Rangers tickets?  Parked near the game?

Also, no tailgating.

It's cost effective to share the stadium and we use it 10/365 days.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

People wanted a West Side Stadium - Okay, you think you have a reason to complain about PSLs and other costs now?  Imagine what they'd be in Manhattan.  Have you ever bought Knicks or Rangers tickets?  Parked near the game?

Also, no tailgating.

Who said only in Manhattan?  Tons of locations in the NY Metro Area those tools could have picked instead of that traffic quagmire.  

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Also, no tailgating.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Who said only in Manhattan?  Tons of locations in the NY Metro Area those tools could have picked instead of that traffic quagmire.   

Bingo.  My mind didn't immediately go to Manhattan.

Our own stadium somewhere in the NY Metro Area.  I don't think that was too much to ask.  Instead we got a $1.4 billion mistake. 

18 minutes ago, SheaRay said:

All of a sudden this just occurred to me. When did they stop scheduling Jet/Giant games at 1pm/4pm ? They used to do this forever which made sense to boost TV ratings.

You would never see them play both at 1pm. 

Agree I wondered the same thing. 

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bingo.  My mind didn't immediately go to Manhattan.

Our own stadium somewhere in the NY Metro Area.  I don't think that was too much to ask.  Instead we got a $1.4 billion mistake. 

Manhattan was the only real push for anything.

This area does not need another stadium, especially an uncovered one.  It would have sat empty and so, to cover costs, we all would have paid.  Not to mention in taxes.

There's no actual reason, besides fans insecurities, for a second billion dollar building.

Very curious though where you'd go in this area that traffic wouldn't be an issue?

Archived