Outside the box candidate...

k-met57

Gary Kubiak. Not sure I want him but he seems to check a lot of boxes if he comes back to coaching.

- relationship with Macc

- offensive mind

- experiences and authority figure

- again I am not sure we are getting the macarthy type with Macc here and on the hot seat

thoughts?

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

Gary Kubiak. Not sure I want him but he seems to check a lot of boxes if he comes back to coaching.

- relationship with Macc

- offensive mind

- again I am not sure we are getting the macarthy type with Macc here and on the hot seat

thoughts?

He already has heart/stress concerns and you want to bring him HERE of all places? No, murder is not ok. 

I brought this up a while back

I’d absolutely be interested.

A Super Bowl winning, Shanahan disciple who had a middling talent like Matt Schaub playing at a pro-bowl level in Houston.

Add the Maccagnan connection and I think it’s a real possibility if he’s serious about getting back into coaching.

We wouldn’t have to completely change up the offense on Darnold either.

The thing about a guy like this or McCarthy is that you have a better chance of getting good assistant as well if you ask me.  Experienced guys who are respected been in the league for years.  A young hot shot offensive guy like the Rams coach really needs to find a wade phillips to help him.

32 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He’s an interesting name. He may get the browns job or they can keep the power structure as is in Cleveland, but they risk loosing him if he accepts a HC job.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Do you and @Maxman really think Dorsey would break up what's working so well? I've read about Kitchens becoming a HC candidate a few times the last week. I just don't see it happening. It is surprising that he's gone from obscurity to a hot name in 2 months though.

8 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I would rather have those three playing for us in 2019.

LOL

Dude, Im at a loss, I have no idea.  I read somewhere they have already reached out to Chuck Pagano and Jim Caldwell - I almost puked.  McCarthy is intriguing but again he shud have won more with Rogers and respect anyone who hires Mike Pettine as their DC.

LOL

Dude, Im at a loss, I have no idea.  I read somewhere they have already reached out to Chuck Pagano and Jim Caldwell - I almost puked.  McCarthy is intriguing but again he shud have won more with Rogers and respect anyone who hires Mike Pettine as their DC.

Me too dude. I am convinced they will screw this up in a big way no matter what tho.

8 hours ago, k-met57 said:

- relationship with Macc

- offensive mind

thoughts?

No thanks, he did a decent job in Houston but they won in an unusual way in Denver w/ all D and no offense in 2015.  I don't want Kubiak or Shanahan

Archived