Antonio Brown Requests to be Traded

jetsons

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You say this about anybody who may be available. Sign the beast, right?

From a pure talent perspective?  Maybe.   But he's more likely in a group with Hopkins, Beckham, Julio and Evans.  Maybe a few more.  And I'd take Hopkins or Evans over Brown (and Beckham) by a wide margin for the non-football reasons. 

And just a hunch, but I think if Brown leaves, Juju will slide right into the role and the production the way Conner did at RB.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:03 PM, nycdan said:

Probably but it will be a mid-late 1st.  I'd be stunned if they got a top-10 pick for him without sending something else back.

I can see the Colts offering the Steelers a nice package for Brown.  Luck and AB would be lethal

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, Rangers9 said:

He could be the difference maker for us. Gase is probably all for it. If a do-able deal they have the money to pay him. But you probably would have to make a choice between him and Bell. Not both. We could probably better use the elite receiver. On that one I could be wrong. 

Couple reasons I don't want to trade for Brown:

1. The 3rd pick in the draft is way too high a pick to offer for him especially with our need at EDGE

2. Brown has taken a ton of hits last several years.  He's had as much usage as a full-time running back. 

Maybe if we could somehow offer Leo and a couple mid-round picks but I know the Steelers will want more than that.

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

$17 million per year for a  part-time diva Running back?  I'd rather sign Ingram or Tevin Coleman at 20% the price

We already have Ingram/Coleman signed. His name is Crowell. You ever see Ingram/Coleman run when they have no gaping hole? It looks a ton like Crowell. You see Crowell run when he has holes? It looks a ton like Ingram/Coleman. Those guys had virtually the same numbers as Cro despite being on MUCH better offenses. 

I get the point that paying Bell is dangerous. So is trading for Brown. But I honestly wouldn't mind either if we have the extra cap space. At least with Bell, he wouldn't cost us draft picks. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

jeeeeeeesus, do you have a some beer bottle goggles on or what. 

DD1.jpg

Crowell this  year 685 rushing/4.8 yards per carry playing in a less than elite offense. 

Coleman this year 800 rushing/4.8 yards per carry playing with Matt Ryan/Julio/Sanu/Ridley. 

Ingram this year 645 rushing/4.7 per carry playing with one of the best offenses in the league (yeah, he missed a couple of games, but that actually makes him a bigger risk)

Please don't tell me that you think Ingram/Coleman are elite RBs. It's bad enough that you have whiffed on many of your draft predictions. Let's not make things worse. 

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Crowell this  year 685 rushing/4.8 yards per carry playing in a less than elite offense. 

Coleman this year 800 rushing/4.8 yards per carry playing with Matt Ryan/Julio/Sanu/Ridley. 

Ingram this year 645 rushing/4.7 per carry playing with one of the best offenses in the league (yeah, he missed a couple of games, but that actually makes him a bigger risk)

Please don't tell me that you think Ingram/Coleman are elite RBs. It's bad enough that you have whiffed on many of your draft predictions. Let's not make things worse. 

I can't talk to you if you think Crowell and Ingram are the same thing. That says that you haven't watched Ingram play - and/or you're being an idiot. 

And this is coming from a Crowell FAN.... ok, i like Crowell,... but try to tell they're the same? fck outta here pal.

I wouldn't pay Tevin Coleman in pesos btw. His career is 2 years away from being on life support IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I can't talk to you if you think Crowell and Ingram are the same thing. That says that you haven't watched Ingram play - and/or you're being an idiot. 

And this is coming from a Crowell FAN.... ok, i like Crowell,... but try to tell they're the same? fck outta here pal.

I wouldn't pay Tevin Coleman in pesos btw. He's career is 2 years away from being on lifes support. 

I agree with you on Coleman, but not crowell/Ingram. If you put crowell on the saints there would be no drop off in production. You'd just be paying for the big name. He's a 29 year old, 5'9 bowling ball that can definitely produce in the right environment. Just like cro. 

He'll be lucky to get 2yr, 5per  in free agency. 

Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller said on Movin' the Chains this afternoon that a reliable Steelers source told them that AB will NOT be traded to any AFC team.  If he's traded (and he will be, most likely) it will be to an NFC team. Period.  No exceptions.  These guys are almost always right.  They don't make stuff up and their sauces are solid.

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller said on Movin' the Chains this afternoon that a reliable Steelers source told them that AB will NOT be traded to any AFC team.  If he's traded (and he will be, most likely) it will be to an NFC team. Period.  No exceptions.  These guys are almost always right.  They don't make stuff up and their sauces are solid.

Good I don’t want him. Too much of a headache not worth the high pick it would cost

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I was just coming to post this one. I listened to the today at the same time. He said his source was "someone who knows" lol 

They did say that they would be sure to get the most value possible in return though. Just that the initial plan was to get him as far away as possible. The Steelers aren't dumb. They don't want a motivated AB coming to town very often. 

If an AFC team blows them away with a ridiculous deal they may cave though. Unlikely but possible.  

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Did you here that Chiefs fan that called in (Red Rocker?? LOL) to them today? Hes gonna be so upset Sunday night I think....lol

19 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Couple reasons I don't want to trade for Brown:

1. The 3rd pick in the draft is way too high a pick to offer for him especially with our need at EDGE

2. Brown has taken a ton of hits last several years.  He's had as much usage as a full-time running back. 

Maybe if we could somehow offer Leo and a couple mid-round picks but I know the Steelers will want more than that.

Sure you're right if the price is our overall #3. I'd give at most a 3rd round pick not an overall 3. We just need an impact receiver to supplement our other pretty good Wrs. 

Archived