Monken crushed the interview

Patriot Killa

1 minute ago, J_Smith said:

But on a serious note, Gase doesn’t need a big-time OC because he’s calling the plays and it’s his office. Rhule doesn’t call any plays so he would need a very strong OC like monken

play calling is massively overrated on these forums if you ask me.  The design of the offence, its implantation, discipline of the players operating it and developing the QB are far more important.

14 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

So Chris Johnson, Mac and Brian are telling coaches how to coach and which coordinators they hire? What the hell kind of organization is this?

Cardinals are doing the same thing with Kingsbury and he's fine with it.  Steve Kiem, Arizona GM, is leading the search for a Defensive Coordinator to run their 3-4.

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

Monken has the right personality, too.  Gase seems like he could have a meltdown from dealing with the NY media. 

He had melt downs with the Miami media!!

This how a Miami fans described Gase when he was fired so it was no knock on us...

https://phinphanatic.com/2019/01/03/adam-gase-carved-path-away-miami-dolphins/

"How Gasse can be a hot coaching commodity when he cannot manage players, could not develop Tannehill or ever get his offense to work consistently is beyond me. Maybe he could get another chance as an OC but he clearly cannot handle the HC responsibilities."

and

"The ostensible evidence was clear...Gases’ public (media) demeanor was far from being a gentleman. He was rude, childish, surly, arrogant, pugnacious, malevolent ...."

These are some of the reasons I laughed at Miami, little did I know that our GM thought that these are traits they wanted to represent our team....

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

play calling is massively overrated on these forums if you ask me.  The design of the offence, its implantation, discipline of the players operating it and developing the QB are far more important.

Yes and no, when you are highly predictable, it hurts. When you can mix up and confuse the defense, it helps. But I do agree that design of offense and QB are most important 

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Ruhle was the first choice, Gase was the second choice, Monken was the "runner up" so that makes him 3rd. That means that McCarthy finished no higher than 4th? LOL, that can't be true.

I don’t think the Johnsons will ever hire a powerful coach, sadly

30 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

He had melt downs with the Miami media!!

This how a Miami fans described Gase when he was fired so it was no knock on us...

https://phinphanatic.com/2019/01/03/adam-gase-carved-path-away-miami-dolphins/

"How Gasse can be a hot coaching commodity when he cannot manage players, could not develop Tannehill or ever get his offense to work consistently is beyond me. Maybe he could get another chance as an OC but he clearly cannot handle the HC responsibilities."

and

"The ostensible evidence was clear...Gases’ public (media) demeanor was far from being a gentleman. He was rude, childish, surly, arrogant, pugnacious, malevolent ...."

These are some of the reasons I laughed at Miami, little did I know that our GM thought that these are traits they wanted to represent our team....

I didn't even know about that.  Both him and Mac are gone in two years.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Ruhle was the first choice, Gase was the second choice, Monken was the "runner up" so that makes him 3rd. That means that McCarthy finished no higher than 4th? LOL, that can't be true.

Sure it can. McCarthy is not a good head coach. You refuse to see it, bu Rodgers succeeded in spite of McCarthy not because of him.

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

this is who we should of signed

Alpha? Well 100% that’s why Mac didn’t want him here.

This hire is about 1 thing: Nac desperately angling to keep his job thru power dynamics, since competency is not his strong suit.

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Sure it can. McCarthy is not a good head coach. You refuse to see it, bu Rodgers succeeded in spite of McCarthy not because of him.

Well a lot of people are making the point that he might not be a great coach and that is fair. But to say he isn't good with that won\loss record is a stretch.

Either way they wanted to higher Ruhle over him who has a losing record in college I believe. And he wanted to put together a pop warner staff. Fun times.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So here's the question.  Did Monken during his interview with the Jets say that he'd come onboard as OC under another HC?  If the Jets were going to offer Rhule the HC job if he took Monken then they must have known Monken would accept that role.

Does this mean there's a possibility Monken would work under Gase?  Now THAT would be interesting.

As far as DC's go....Steve Spagnuolo, Gregg Williams, Rex Ryan, Steve Wilks, Vance Joseph???

pretty sure Gase will bring  Loggains

and Greg Williams please.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I thought the rumors of them hiring Gase couldn't be true....but then Jets happened

5 hours ago, J_Smith said:

But on a serious note, Gase doesn’t need a big-time OC because he’s calling the plays and it’s his offense . Rhule doesn’t call any plays so he would need a very strong OC like monken

I preferred Monken as the HC.

Archived