What we learned tonight about Dee Ford and Trent Brown

Philc1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jgb said:

Dee Ford epic brain fart but to write off 13 sacks on one play is loser thinking 

Perspective! It's easy to get sacks when the opposing team knows you have to throw on every play. Did you see the stat last night of KC outscoring opponents in 1st quarter was astronomical. They didn't sniff Brady once they started ripping off run after run! I don't think I've ever seen a worse run defense in an AFCCG ever. How many 2nd & 10s did the Pats rip off 10,9,8 yards a clip? 

It was insane!

52 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Perspective! It's easy to get sacks when the opposing team knows you have to throw on every play. Did you see the stat last night of KC outscoring opponents in 1st quarter was astronomical. They didn't sniff Brady once they started ripping off run after run! I don't think I've ever seen a worse run defense in an AFCCG ever. How many 2nd & 10s did the Pats rip off 10,9,8 yards a clip? 

It was insane!

Here’s hoping darnold has us playing with a lead for once 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

It was insane!

Brady hasn't been sacked in two games bc they get the ball out so quick and guys are running free in the secondary 1 second after the snap. That's not on the pass rushers. That's on the DC and the secondary for awful game planning and coverage. Why teams allow Pats receivers to constantly settle down in the zone in the middle of the field over and over I'll never know. 

The only time the Jets have been successful against Brady is when Rex would make him hold the ball longer than he wanted to bc of scheme and coverage. 

19 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Brady hasn't been sacked in two games bc they get the ball out so quick and guys are running free in the secondary 1 second after the snap. That's not on the pass rushers. That's on the DC and the secondary for awful game planning and coverage. Why teams allow Pats receivers to constantly settle down in the zone in the middle of the field over and over I'll never know. 

The only time the Jets have been successful against Brady is when Rex would make him hold the ball longer than he wanted to bc of scheme and coverage. 

There were a lot of 5 step drops by Brady in his last 3 drives, guys were wide open & they got zero pressure. There's a reason that team was ranked 31 out of 32 teams on defense but were ranked 2nd overall in sacks. They were bad in 2017 & worse in 2018. That offense covered all of their warts that the Patriots exposed yesterday, especially defending the run, KC is usually up big, but down 14-0 yesterday. 

52 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I agree.  He had a very good season.  But he really didn't show up last night.  The penalty was just about the only time I noticed him in the game.

My dream is to get a FA that we can blast for not showing up in a championship game after a 13 sack season.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:05 PM, Jared said:

EVERY offensive lineman gets away with holding.  Read the rule book, then watch literally ANY pass play.  You'll be convinced at least 3 players should be flagged.

Sure, but explain how Patriot linemen seems to get worse the minute they leave the Patriots.  Logan Mankins and Nate Solder are the primary examples there.  G Joe Andruzzi also started 5 seasons for the Patriots (2000-04) and won 3 rings, then became an afterthought with the Browns. 

You're right though.  In this regard, the Patriots aren't actually cheating this time around.  They've just gotten really good at getting away with something more than other teams. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, but explain how Patriot linemen seems to get worse the minute they leave the Patriots.  Logan Mankins and Nate Solder are the primary examples there.  G Joe Andruzzi also started 5 seasons for the Patriots (2000-04) and won 3 rings, then became an afterthought with the Browns. 

You're right though.  In this regard, the Patriots aren't actually cheating this time around.  They've just gotten really good at getting away with something more than other teams. 

Mankins was old and done by the time Belichick got rid of him 

Brown is younger, bigger and better than Solder was.  Kelvin Beachum had a higher PFF grade than Solder did in 2017

Trying to argue all pats OL suck is like arguing Sam Darnold will suck because of Sanchez, Leinart, and Marinovich.  Clearly, Curtis Enis and other Penn State rbs has affected the play of Saquon Barkley

On 1/20/2019 at 11:01 PM, Philc1 said:

Chiefs had zero freakin sacks

And that’s the main reason they lost. No pressure on Brady = losing. Pressure on Brady early and often = winning.

Simple formula, if you want to beat the Pats you got to put Brady on his ass.

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Mankins was old and done by the time Belichick got rid of him 

Brown is younger, bigger and better than Solder was.  Kelvin Beachum had a higher PFF grade than Solder did in 2017

Trying to argue all pats OL suck is like arguing Sam Darnold will suck because of Sanchez, Leinart, and Marinovich.  Clearly, Curtis Enis and other Penn State rbs has affected the play of Saquon Barkley 

Not saying they suck.  Saying there's a high chance their play declines and they end up not worth the money they're paying. 

The Giants are having serious buyer's remorse over Nate Solder.  I prefer to let someone else experience the same pain with Trent Brown. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, you're not making that up.  But you're using a silly argument to try to overshadow his 10 and 13 sacks in his last 2 healthy seasons. 

It’s a silly argument to acknowledge that he’s been mostly unproductive during his career?

I hope all GM's are as "smart" as the ones we have here who want to pass on Dee Ford based off one idiotic play. Maybe Mac will get him on a cheaper deal.   And for those who are also throwing in the fact that he had zero sacks, c'mon. Its the Patriots and Brady who consistently ruin defenders "stats".

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A big part of it is they're signed by teams who are desperate, like the Giants.  Solder was horrible his last couple of seasons and the Giants threw all that money at him and then stick him on an OL that was horrible with or without him.  BB is great at getting rid of these players at the right time, he knows when theyre done.  I think thats a big part of it, know it applies to Solder and Mankins.  And I do think with the reputation the Pats have that they do get the benefit of the doubt too often

47 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sucked 3 out of 5 seasons this was by far his best regular season 

Let’s look at those 3 “sucky” seasons.

Season 1: rookie and backup

Seaaon 2: backup

Seaaon 4: only played 6 games due to injury.

In his two healthy seasons as a starter he has double digit sack seasons. And for the first of those, Houston only played 5 games due to injury.

Come on, mang.

19 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I hope all GM's are as "smart" as the ones we have here who want to pass on Dee Ford based off one idiotic play. Maybe Mac will get him on a cheaper deal.   And for those who are also throwing in the fact that he had zero sacks, c'mon. Its the Patriots and Brady who consistently ruin defenders "stats".

Same fans would be using Ford as evidence that Macc is a great GM if Macc drafted him.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

More than the offsides, my problem with Dee Ford Sunday was that, like most of the Chiefs, he seemed like a no show on running plays.  

Fair, but we've drafted plenty of guys over the year that should at least theoretically be good at stopping the run.  It's time to bring in at least one guy who helps us on passing downs.  I'm willing to deal with that trade-off.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fair, but we've drafted plenty of guys over the year that should at least theoretically be good at stopping the run.  It's time to bring in at least one guy who helps us on passing downs.  I'm willing to deal with that trade-off.

A guy who helps on passing downs only is a Maybin or Luvu replacement IMO.  I want a starter that can pressure.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Let’s look at those 3 “sucky” seasons.

Season 1: rookie and backup

Seaaon 2: backup

Seaaon 4: only played 6 games due to injury.

In his two healthy seasons as a starter he has double digit sack seasons. And for the first of those, Houston only played 5 games due to injury.

Come on, mang.

Maybe there’s a reason he was a backup?

Archived