A Macc genie in a bottle (3 wishes)

Paradis

After realizing in the Denver FA Paradis thread that I’m a walking f*cking sideshow on this forum, maybe i should live in the present.... So if Macc could fulfill 3 *realistic* wishes this offseason that would genuinely inspire feelings of; “He might be figuring out this GM thing after all” -- what would those 3 things be? 

For me--

1.  Signing Bell.... And I say that not because I’m enamored with Bell, quite the opposite, but like Cousins, I think he and his agent are considering the best landing spots to get an extension or another contract in a couple years. For us to land Bell - would be a vote for M.M.
  2.  Not drafting Quinnen Williams or any other god damn D-Linemen...  I know everyone wants a trade back (who doesn't) but that's not 100% in Macc's court. So if we stuck at #3... so help me god.  
  3. Use FA to land marquee players across both trenches, key word - MARQUEE... I want to head into the draft not "needing" to chase those gaps on the roster, letting us focus on playmakers for Sam & co.

That would make me all fuzzy inside. 

I'd be happy about the first two, even though I think QW is great - I just agree with you that I just can't stomach another interior d-lineman at this point.  

I don't see many marquee names available, outside of Paradis or Morse, on the offensive line.  

My three "realistic" wishes:

• Trade Down
  • Sign Bell
  • Draft our future LT in the first two rounds

46 minutes ago, Paradis said:

After realizing in the Denver FA Paradis thread that I’m a walking f*cking sideshow on this form, maybe i should live in the present.... So if Macc could fulfill 3 *realistic* wishes this offseason that would genuinely inspire feelings of; “He might be figuring out this GM thing after all” -- what would those 3 things be? 

For me--

1.  Signing Bell.... And I say that not because I’m enamored with Bell, quite the opposite, but like Cousins, I think he and his agent are considering the best landing spots to get an extension or another contract in a couple years. For us to land Bell - would be a vote for M.M.
  2.  Not drafting Quinnen Williams or any other god damn D-Linemen...  I know everyone wants a trade back (who doesn't) but that's not 100% in Macc's court. So if we stuck at #3... so help me god.  
  3. Use FA to land marquee players across both trenches, key word - MARQUEE... I want to head into the draft not "needing" to chase those gaps on the roster, letting us focus on playmakers for Sam & co.

IF we're stuck at 3 we almost HAVE to take a DLineman based on the value there.  Theres no other player besides DLinemen worth a Top 3 pick (which is crazy by the way!).  I like Q Williams but would rather we address the Edge there....whoever is best of Allen, Ferrell, Gary, etc.

Would LOVE to see Paradis and Bell signed in FA.  I have no problem with the Jets slightly overpaying.  These are two of the best possible signings to support Darnold IMO.

If the Jets do not protect Darnold it is over.  There is no assurance that they will have both the picks and draft skill to produce a good enough OL through the draft next year.  

I would sign FA oL that we have at least seen play well, and use the draft picks on where the draft value is.  Over time the Jets should try and draft a line. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

After realizing in the Denver FA Paradis thread that I’m a walking f*cking sideshow on this form, maybe i should live in the present.... So if Macc could fulfill 3 *realistic* wishes this offseason that would genuinely inspire feelings of; “He might be figuring out this GM thing after all” -- what would those 3 things be? 

For me--

Wouldn't sitting by a nice fire on a cool Denver night make you feel the same way?  :)

41 minutes ago, varjet said:

If the Jets do not protect Darnold it is over.  There is no assurance that they will have both the picks and draft skill to produce a good enough OL through the draft next year.  

I would sign FA oL that we have at least seen play well, and use the draft picks on where the draft value is.  Over time the Jets should try and draft a line. 

Darnold was ranked as the #1 QB in the NFL over the last 4 weeks of the season by PFF....and that was while he was running for his life half the time.

Can you imagine how good this kid is going to be if they can build a line in front of him that not only offers just decent pass protection and ALSO can Run Block? (Jets Oline was either last in the league or close to it in run blocking).  If you can establish the run, as you all know, it opens up 1,001 different scenarios- all good ones.  Bombs off play action, flea flickers, forcing the opposing D to sell out to the run and then burning them etc.  Darnold had NONE of that at his disposal last year.

You couldn’t be more accurate...it’s Oline, Oline and more Oline.  Forget the Defense, how much worse can it be? It was 26th last year with almost all assets invested in it for years and years.  It’ll get better because of Williams coaching it alone.

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

For me--

I mean, you’ll need supernatural intervention because none of this is within his range of aptitude or history. 

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

1) free agent is some pass rushers
2) draft greedy Williams so he can play with Adams.
3) take on bortles contract in a trade down and demand either fournette or Ramsey in return ( if they give Ramsey draft greedy Williams anyway)

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

This is a joke right??? 

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

1) free agent is some pass rushers
2) draft greedy Williams so he can play with Adams.
3) take on bortles contract in a trade down and demand either fournette or Ramsey in return ( if they give Ramsey draft greedy Williams anyway)

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Signing Bortles and drafting some “weapons” to justify the Adams draft selection is a Peak Jet Fan wishlist 

1. Sign two offensive linemen in free agency, including Morse, and an edge rusher.

2. Trade down in the draft. Then trade down again, gaining at least two second round picks. 

3. Come out of the first two days of the draft with   a WR, a RB and three offensive lineman (or two offensive lineman and a top ranked TE). 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

IF we're stuck at 3 we almost HAVE to take a DLineman based on the value there.  Theres no other player besides DLinemen worth a Top 3 pick (which is crazy by the way!).  I like Q Williams but would rather we address the Edge there....whoever is best of Allen, Ferrell, Gary, etc.

Would LOVE to see Paradis and Bell signed in FA.  I have no problem with the Jets slightly overpaying.  These are two of the best possible signings to support Darnold IMO.

No you don;t!  That's years of abuse speaking.

I have to believe that with all of the emphasis on building around Darnold and hiring a coach to mentor Darnold and allowing Darnold to have an opinion (at least somewhat) in the coaching hiring process, we are going offense in the first RD no matter what the value hawks think. This is all about Sam. 

1. Trade Down at least once and go OL, WR, TE

2. Sign Paradis and more OL

3. Sign Edge upgrade in FA

3b. I'm warmer on Bell in FA. 

I'd also like to see Webb as the QB2. 

1) Talk the Johnsons into selling the team.

2) Get the Jets out of their lease at MetLife stadium so the new owner can move them to Citi Field until a new stadium is built.

3) Call the NFL and get the Patriots out of our division and conference for that matter. We want the Patriots in the NFC West and Arizona to the AFC East! Bam!

Lets face it - even a genie couldn't get Mac to make the right trades and sign the right free agents and draft the right players but if he can do those 3 things I mentioned then he's The Man!

Archived