JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'm surprised the guard I took in the 7th round got so little attention considering the combine he had. 5.02 40 and 39 bench press, 1.66 10 yard split.  6'4"  301 so room to bulk up as well.   Small school player so a big step up at the next level but pretty outstanding physical attributes to build on.

39 reps is DAMN impressive.

23 hours ago, JiF said:

Sorry dudes, on the golf course.  Really should suspend the draft on the weekend but all good.  

I hear ya, but for those of us who run this thing, trying to keep up with it constantly while at work on M-F is tough.  I am really hoping we wrap it up this weekend.  Makes it that much less likely that I am going to get my ass fired this week.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

I hear ya, but for those of us who run this thing, trying to keep up with it constantly while at work on M-F is tough.  I am really hoping we get this thing wrapped up this weekend.  Makes it that much less likely that I am going to get my ass fired this week.

I appreciate you dudes for doing this.  Didn’t think about it that way.  All good.  Was just saying, I’m not paying attention all that much on the weekend.  I’ve missed every weekend pick.  Lol

• Upvote 1

Nice @#27TheDominator ... i think there's a 1/100 chance he's there in 7th, so you're going to get some points for that.... wonky place for him on the spreadsheet. 

Probably my biggest claim to fame on twitter is a play i cut of Barnes trucking a fool - it got consumed by DratTwitter and went viral. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Nice @#27TheDominator ... i think there's a 1/100 chance he's there in 7th, so you're going to get some points for that.... wonky place for him on the spreadsheet. 

Probably my biggest claim to fame on twitter is a play i cut of Barnes trucking a fool - it got consumed by DratTwitter and went viral. 

if somebody took him I was going to hold you personally responsible.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JiF said:

I appreciate you dudes for doing this.  Didn’t think about it that way.  All good.  Was just saying, I’m not paying attention all that much on the weekend.  I’ve missed every weekend pick.  Lol

We'll remember this when draft time comes around next year !!  lol

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sorry I just woke up. I slept in today. Making the pick now.

Thanks.  No worries.  Just that I want to see us finish up today; and I would much rather see everybody making their own picks than assigning picks for folks.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see @Paradis make a pick.  Was beginning to think I would have to run out the last few picks myself.  Aside from Dom's pick since he sent me his guys.  Not sure what happened in this 7th round, but I feel like I am here by myself.  Great pace through 6 rounds and then it seems like most of us lost interest in the 7th.  4 picks left.  I have picks from @#27TheDominator.

@JetFanatic

@32EBoozer

@NYJetsVets91

Please be ready to make picks tonight so we can finish this off. 

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

Glad to see @Paradis make a pick.  Was beginning to think I would have to run out the last few picks myself.  Aside from Dom's pick since he sent me his guys.  Not sure what happened in this 7th round, but I feel like I am here by myself.  Great pace through 6 rounds and then it seems like most of us lost interest in the 7th.  4 picks left.  I have picks from @#27TheDominator.

@JetFanatic

@32EBoozer

@NYJetsVets91

Please be ready to make picks tonight so we can finish this off. 

I’m back so I’ll help with the picks again. 

But as Lith said. Damn guys what happened. 

• Upvote 2

Miami Dolphins Draft:

The Dolphins overall are pleased with their draft, they had a couple of key goals and for the most part accomplished them.  They made it know that they would trade down in the 1st round but other teams had the same idea and nothing came of it.  With their 1st pick they took Clelin Ferrell from Clemson.  With Cam Wake and Robert Quinn out of the picture it was important to bring in some good young Dline talent with End being more important than interior.

As the 2nd round was under way the QB they had targeted was still on the board and thus they traded up to get Drew Lock.  By now means are they closing off the idea of drafting a Qb high in the next few years but Lock is promising enough to get this year and having Ryan Fitzpatrick as your starter says alot about the status of the Phins current QB situation.

In the 3rd round the Phins double dipped and took a 2nd End in U of Miami's Joe Jackson.

The Phins tried to traded down in the 4th rounder to get back some 5th or 6th rounders but the trades never came to fruition.

In the 4th round they took OT prospect Tytus Howard.  The Miami GM has a philosophy of always keeping a stream of developmental olineman.  Injuries, free agency and simple neglect can turn a good oline into a bad one.

With no picks in the 5th and 6th round the Phins had a lot of time to wait and do some extra research on 7th rounders of which they had three picks.

The Dolphins were very happy with the three players they took in the 7th round feeling that a couple of them could be legit starter help in the future.

Cornerback Jordan Brown, Offensive Guard Iosua Opeta and running back Devine Ozigo all were in positions of need.

13 1 13 1150 Miami Dolphins Beerfish Clelin Ferrell Clemson EDGE
39 2 7 510 Miami Dolphins Beerfish Drew Lock Missouri QB From Buccaneers
95 3 31 120 Miami Dolphins Beerfish Joe Jackson Miami EDGE From Giants.
108 4 6 78 Miami Dolphins Beerfish Tytus Howard Alabama State OT From Giants
215 7 1 5 Miami Dolphins Beerfish Jordan Brown South Dakota State CB From Buccaneers
233 7 19 1 Miami Dolphins Beerfish Iosua Opeta Weber State G
234 7 20 1 Miami Dolphins Beerfish Devine Ozigbo Nebraska RB

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

51 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Miami Dolphins Draft:

The Dolphins overall are pleased with their draft, they had a couple of key goals and for the most part accomplished them.  They made it know that they would trade down in the 1st round but other teams had the same idea and nothing came of it.  With their 1st pick they took Clelin Ferrell from Clemson.  With Cam Wake and Robert Quinn out of the picture it was important to bring in some good young Dline talent with End being more important than interior.

As the 2nd round was under way the QB they had targeted was still on the board and thus they traded up to get Drew Lock.  By now means are they closing off the idea of drafting a Qb high in the next few years but Lock is promising enough to get this year and having Ryan Fitzpatrick as your starter says alot about the status of the Phins current QB situation.

In the 3rd round the Phins double dipped and took a 2nd End in U of Miami's Joe Jackson.

The Phins tried to traded down in the 4th rounder to get back some 5th or 6th rounders but the trades never came to fruition.

In the 4th round they took OT prospect Tytus Howard.  The Miami GM has a philosophy of always keeping a stream of developmental olineman.  Injuries, free agency and simple neglect can turn a good oline into a bad one.

With no picks in the 5th and 6th round the Phins had a lot of time to wait and do some extra research on 7th rounders of which they had three picks.

The Dolphins were very happy with the three players they took in the 7th round feeling that a couple of them could be legit starter help in the future.

Cornerback Jordan Brown, Offensive Guard Iosua Opeta and running back Devine Ozigo all were in positions of need.

215 7 1 5 Miami Dolphins Beerfish Jordan Brown South Dakota State CB From Buccaneers

Good draft.  I dont know the 7th rounders, but I like the rest.  How do you rate Ferrell among the pass rushers in the draft?  I've seen him float around mocks from around 10 to 25.  In the event of a Mac trade back in that vicinity, he has to be a consideration.  I think with his maturity he can be a plug in player from the start.  

The Buffalo Bills are done. 

1 Jonah Williams    Alabama    OT
2 Jerry Tillery    Notre Dame    DL
3 Damien Harris    Alabama    RB
4 Gerald Willis    Miami    DL
4 Hunter Renfrow    Clemson    WR
6 Tommy Sweeney    Boston College    TE
7 Sutton Smith    Northern Illinois    EDGE

My goal was to get a Olineman that could play OT or OG, replace Williams on the Dline, add a receiver with good hands to help Allen and a RB since the Bills backfield is a retirement home. 

Williams at 9 is a no brainer to me for the Bills since they need help on the oline and it’s a deep draft for DTs. 

Tillery and Willis can compete for Williams spot as well as add depth. I think both guys will go higher then where I picked. 

I couldn’t decide between Harris and Henderson in the third but went with Harris since I’ve seen him play a lot more and was at a higher level of competition. 

Refrow is a question mark for his draft spot. He catches everything but he’s undersized with tiny hands. I think he’d actually be a prefect addition for Allen with his ability to catch poorly thrown balls. 

I’m not sure why Sweeney is ranked so low. He had a good college career and makes plays. 

I know nothing about Smith other then his stats which are ridiculous. If anything he’ll play STs and maybe come in on 3rd and long. 

Overall I’m happy with the value of my picks to the spot I took them and I filled the areas I wanted. 

• Upvote 1

Miami Dolphins Draft:

Good draft.

I really hope the Fins don’t end up with Ferrell or Jackson.

BROWNS wrap an wildly successful draft. I think i'm going to be a finalist in the points department this... but we'll see. Only takes a couple of multi round layups to get ahead.

CLEVELAND BROWNS 2019 MOCK DRAFT:

• RND 1 -- (+3rd pick) Odell Beckham
  • RND 2 -- SS Jonathan Abram, MissSt
  • RND 3 -- CB Sean Bunting, C.Mich
  • RND 4 -- OG Nate Davis, Charlotte
  • RND 5 --  DT Daylon Mack, TAMU
  • RND 5 -- LB Cameron Smith, USC
  • RND 5 -- RB James Williams, wazzu
  • RND 6 -- OT Tyler Roemer, SDSU
  • RND 7 -- OT Trey Pipkins, Sioux Falls 
  • RND 7 -- CB Nik Needham, UTEP

Gorgeous. 

• Sympathy 1

Not crazy about the way this one started, but Strong Day 3.... very dolphin-esque

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

The Buffalo Bills are done. 

1 Jonah Williams    Alabama    OT
2 Jerry Tillery    Notre Dame    DL
3 Damien Harris    Alabama    RB
4 Gerald Willis    Miami    DL
4 Hunter Renfrow    Clemson    WR
6 Tommy Sweeney    Boston College    TE
7 Sutton Smith    Northern Illinois    EDGE

My goal was to get a Olineman that could play OT or OG, replace Williams on the Dline, add a receiver with good hands to help Allen and a RB since the Bills backfield is a retirement home. 

Williams at 9 is a no brainer to me for the Bills since they need help on the oline and it’s a deep draft for DTs. 

Tillery and Willis can compete for Williams spot as well as add depth. I think both guys will go higher then where I picked. 

I couldn’t decide between Harris and Henderson is the third but went with Harris since I’ve seen him play a lot more and was at a higher level of competition. 

Refrow is a question mark for his draft spot. He catches everything but he’s undersized with tiny hands. I think he’d actually be prefect addition for Allen with his ability to catch poorly thrown balls. 

I’m not sure why Sweeney is ranked so low. He had a good college career and makes plays. 

I know nothing about Smith other then his stats which are ridiculous. If anything he’ll play STs and maybe come in on 3rd and long. 

Overall I’m happy with the value of my picks to the spot I took them and I filled the areas I wanted. 

the first 3 picks are lights out. Williams was the right choice IMO. He can be a bellcow

12 1 12 1200 Green Bay Packers Lith Noah Fant Iowa TE
28 1 28 660 Green Bay Packers Lith Dalton Risner Kansas State G
44 2 12 460 Green Bay Packers Lith Nasir Adderley Delaware S
75 3 11 215 Green Bay Packers Lith David Edwards Wisconsin OT
92 3 28 132 Green Bay Packers Lith Mecole Hardman Georgia WR
185 6 12 17 Green Bay Packers Lith Daniel Wise Kansas DL
194 6 21 13.4 Green Bay Packers Lith Dexter Williams Notre Dame RB
226 7 12 1 Green Bay Packers Lith Kingsley Keke Texas A&M DL

My draft for the Packers.  Came in with a plan and stuck to it.  Maybe to a fault.  After spending first 3 picks on defense last year, and then spending big on D in free agency, I really wanted to make this draft about keeping Rodgers healthy and givng him weapons.  Also, with 10 picks, I was willing to move up and get a couple of guys if I had the opportunity. 

Before the draft began, I decided that Hockenson or Fant would be the pick at 12.  Then Devin White dropped and I was tempted to take him at 12, but I stuck with the plan. Traded up for both Risner and Hardman.  After adding a couple of big WRs last year in MVS and St Brown, I wanted a faster playmaker and I love Hardman.  Think he is very underrated as a route runner and an explosive playmaker with the ball in his hands; and if all else fails, he gives the Packers a ST weapon.  I was thinking about Adderly in the 1st if I couln't get Risner, so was very happy with him in 2.  Replacment for Ha Ha.

Wanted to draft 2 OL, and I probably reached for Edwards, raw, converted TE who is probalby a year or two away, but there had been such a run on OL, that I probably pulled the trigger on him a bit early. 

Overall, happy with the draft, but a couple of things I would do differently given the chance.

• Upvote 2