Montez Sweat

Jetsfan80

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who are you talking about?  You mean Allen.  I am pretty sure that @kdels62 was asking what metrics caused Sweat to miss the Waldo numbers.  I was asking the same thing.  His 3 cone, vert and broad were all better than solid.

I was talking about Allen. The waldo formula gives you 2 avenues to be "low risk", a high explosive power # or a low twitch number combined with a 3 cone under 7. Sweat had not a great vert which caused him to fall beneath explosive power floor. His twitch score is too high to be low risk, but interestingly enough the way the formula works if his 10 yard split was slower he'd had have faired better in the rankings  (low or mid/low risk).  I'm not familiar enough with any debate on this topic but based on the formula in the link above if Sweat's 10 yard split was 1.6 he'd be be on the cusp of low risk but because it was 1.5 he's moderate risk. (he also could've got there with a lower shuttle)  

3 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

There is a Sweat thread in the draft forum

Sorry, I don't tend to go in there.  The Draft Forum is for people who like to post mock drafts in January.  By the time the draft is nearly here, the main forum is the place to be.

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Posted this in a Josh Allen thread:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/3/3/18249222/combine-five-thoughts-day-5-pass-rushers-nick-bosa-josh-allen

Is there any compelling reason why Sweat wouldn't be a solid option, either at 3 or after trading down a few spots?

If Bosa and Allen are there at three, then probably not.

HOWEVER.....

If you can trade down between 6-15, and STILL get him, all the while gaining multiple picks, then I would say you should consider it.

the problem with sweat is that he’s 23- that’s over a year and a half older than brian burns who is just as impressive if not more. not to mention he’s already been suspended for a year and has the heart abnormality (although it seems benign)

9 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Mediocre production and then a heart condition. Brian Burns is a safer pick at this point. Allen and Bosa are much safer choices.

You mean Bosa the 21 yo whose already had abdominal core surgery for a sports hernia?  And an ACL repair in HS? That Bosa?

Now yes, I am a Doctor, and no I have no idea what Sweat's 'heart condition' is...but apparently it's been known for years.  Everyone cites rightfully the 'privacy concerns' re: medical information, but NO ONE has said he's not healthy enough to play.  Could be as simple as a bicuspid Aortic valve causing a murmur but not likely to possibly lead to aortic stenosis until he's well into his 40's-50's. I doubt very seriously that it's an arrhythmia or HOCM as no one has said he should't play.

13 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

You mean Bosa the 21 yo whose already had abdominal core surgery for a sports hernia?  And an ACL repair in HS? That Bosa?

Now yes, I am a Doctor, and no I have no idea what Sweat's 'heart condition' is...but apparently it's been known for years.  Everyone cites rightfully the 'privacy concerns' re: medical information, but NO ONE has said he's not healthy enough to play.  Could be as simple as a bicuspid Aortic valve causing a murmur but not likely to possibly lead to aortic stenosis until he's well into his 40's-50's. I doubt very seriously that it's an arrhythmia or HOCM as no one has said he should't play.

Do you know SAR?

11 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

You’re probably right about all of this and Bosa’s injury history is scary but as a prospect he’s safer. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sorry, I don't tend to go in there.  The Draft Forum is for people who like to post mock drafts in January.  By the time the draft is nearly here, the main forum is the place to be.

I get it, I dont check it nearly as often either. I realized after I replied to you that what I wrote could come across wrong - I wasnt saying that in a "there is already a thread on this" douche kinda way.  I just meant to point out that it existed if you were looking for more info about your OP 

i watched some of his highlights in college...no way is he an impact edge guy in the NFL. He is fast but so are OT in the NFL....he doesn't have that elite bend. btw neither does the kid from Clemson, but that kid seems to have more strength to at least take on OL.

Archived