Prove me wrong

ECURB

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Here's some for you: How many starting OL has he drafted? How many starting OL has he drafted since picking Sam? How many starting OL has this team drafted in the 1st 2 rounds?

The draft is a crap shoot no doubt. When you continually ignore a position for so long that it becomes a major problem that's neglect. When you continue to ignore it after drafting your franchise QB well then that's just plain stupidity. No defense for that. NONE.

Zero facts in this post. Nice try.

This wasn't a thread for you to complain about your feelings, hit us with some truth!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This isn’t about feelings, other than the feelings driving your premise. Your question is equivalent to saying “More people stay at the Motel 6 every year than stay in the Beverly Wilshire.” You’re completely and transparently discounting a bunch of variables to make a silly point.

Wow you still have provided ZERO facts... I didn't think such a challenge would be above your message board grade level... Yet here we are.

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Mac's record as GM is 24-40 and the team's win total has never increased during his tenure. Mac sucks.  Prove me wrong.

How does it compare to the league and other GMs? You gave me a fact with nothing to put it against? Is he top half? Bottom half?

9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No you are the one saying he is not ignoring the OL. Its not up to me to prove your point for you.

I didn't say I wouldn't trade for O. That's you putting words in my mouth to deflect your obvious inability to prove your point.

I would have taken an OL at 3. I would probably would have taken Jonah Williams there if it was up to me. Drafting Q was redundant right? Because they already have the Pro-Bowler Leo that your boy Macc drafted right? Since you think Macc is such a great talent evaluator by your defense of him I can't honestly believe that you think Q is a better bet at this point than the Pro-Bowl DL Macc already drafted??? Really? NEXT

Your the only one who would have, on this board, or in any front office. Who would you rather plan blocking schemes for Leo and Mclendon, or Leo and Q. With any sort of outside rush, they will be an impossible combination to block. Edoga has a chance to be as good or a better pro than Williams. He's not as polished as Williams, but his skills translate very well to the NFL. Your statement was Mac was ignoring the offensive line. I don't think that's true. Sorry. He traded for a left guard, signed Tom Compton for depth, drafted a potential starter in Edoga, and we just signed as an UDFA from USC another Tackle, who has also played guard and center.

3 hours ago, genot said:

He traded for a pro bowl left guard, and drafted a tackle who's talented enough to compete with Shell, Beachum, or Winters. He isn't ignoring anything.

Don't let facts get in the way of the haters.

2 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Wow you still have provided ZERO facts... I didn't think such a challenge would be above your message board grade level... Yet here we are.

ECURB: A twinkie contains wheat, dairy, and sugar, same as a protein bar! They are the same! 

:waves magic wand:

“Reductio ad absurdum!”

:ECURB disappears in a puff of smoke:

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Also, I wouldn’t hire Belichick to be my GM, either.

Based on what? Your feelings again?

This thread wasn't for your feelings... At least google a couple facts...

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ECURB: A twinkie contains wheat, dairy, and sugar, same as a protein bar! They are the same! 

:waves magic wand:

“Reductio ad absurdum!”

:ECURB disappears in a puff of smoke:

Nice attempt. Still waiting for some actual facts from you against Mac.

Just now, T0mShane said:

It’s factual that I wouldn’t hire Bill Belichick to be my GM

Based on what? Your feelings... again... Never facts..

You are like a millennial and JN is your safe space. Feelings aren't facts.

3 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Nice attempt. Still waiting for some actual facts from you against Mac.

Your “facts” are that the players Maccagnan has allegedly successfully drafted comprise a roster that finished 4-12 last year. Can we at least start there if we’re discussing “facts”? 

4 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Based on what? Your feelings... again... Never facts..

You are like a millennial and JN is your safe space. Feelings aren't facts.

Let's be real here, the guy looks disgusting topless and that's reason enough he'd never be in T0m or Joe's willy employ

10845284-6796185-image-m-95_155232660873

8 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Don't let facts get in the way of the haters.

LOL. I forgot we signed as a FA Tom Compton, for depth. We just signed another USC o-lineman who's played guard, center, and tackle for them. It's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Your “facts” are that the players Maccagnan has allegedly successfully drafted comprise a roster that finished 4-12 last year. Can we at least start there if we’re discussing “facts”? 

Maybe my facts suck. Still better than your lack of facts. You still haven't even been able to prove me wrong... If my facts suck why are you struggling?

48 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

And your point is exactly what??  As usual, and expected, more Maccagnan blind hate, and a reply that has no substance, veracity, or facts.  Just half sentences with obnoxious childlike emojis.  Great post.

Funny thing is, that I didn't even mention Mike Maccagnan, yet you turned it into a referendum on him, as usual.  Your infatuation with him is telling.

Please try to write in complete sentences, your nonsense would then be easier to decipher.  Need a crayon??

“Blind Mac hate” what a stupid comment. People who don’t like mac love the jets, want to win not lose every yr. We also want a gm who will actually care about a offensive line, and less about “ bpa” you mac fan boys seem to love mac way more than Jets. I simply stated facts about when you suck as a gm, you pick at top of the draft every yr. despite having that critical advantage every yr.

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

“Blind Mac hate” what a stupid comment. People who don’t like mac love the jets, want to win not lose every yr. We also want a gm who will actually care about a offensive line, and less about “ bpa” you mac fan boys seem to love mac way more than Jets. I simply stated facts about when you suck as a gm, you pick at top of the draft every yr. despite having that critical advantage every yr.

How many OLine players has he drafted or signed since being here? How does it compare to other teams?

You are just making a statement as if it's fact based off your feeling otherwise.

8 minutes ago, ECURB said:

How many OLine players has he drafted or signed since being here? How does it compare to other teams?

You are just making a statement as if it's fact based off your feeling otherwise.

The OL has only got worse under him.there is not a team in nfl who has had more OL neglect than ny Jets. that is fact boyy

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Do you seriously believe Mac doesn't know that an offensive line isnt an important part of an offense's success. I would love someone to ask Mac if there was an Orlando Pace type talent available, would he still have drafted Q. There hasn't been a player like that available to him. We've sucked at QB. When Mac was here and we didn't suck at QB, we won 10 games.

31 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

We shouldn't have to draft another guy at 3 to make a 6th overall "better", you pick guys at 6 to do that for others.....

Leo was supposed to make guys like McClendon "better". 

And we play a base 3-4....they just reinforced that by signing a 3-4 ILB (Mosley, who is NOT a 4-3 MLB) for $57M, resigned Anderson, and drafted a 3-4 OLB.

Its clear that there isn't any plan other than "BPA, regardless of fit, suitability, or strengths/weaknesses". 

Quinnen is good, but if Leo was what they said.he was going to be (Best player i  the draft!!!), we could have passed on the luxury of Q and filled multiple weaknesses on the team.....

That's as fair as fair can be.

We shouldn't have had to draft "Q" to make Leo better, but we did.  Not on Quinnen Williams, and not on the front office, that's on Leo. I was wrong about Leonard Williams, weren't you?  Thought he was a beast, he was not.  The alternative was trading Leo for a third round pick, would you have been happy with that.  This was the best option they had to try and "resurrect" Leonard Williams.  I think it will work.  McClendon is just a little better than a Jag.  A rotation player, nothing more.  Not a guy you feature on your defense, that's for sure.

The base defense, 3-4, 4-3, is much ado about nothing.  Greg Williams has more sub packages, experience and fronts in his repertoire, than any defensive coordinator in the league.  All of these new "toys" at his disposal are probably giving him a hard on.  It's going to be one wild ride.  You should be excited about it,  I am.

I don't know how you can say that this year's free agent signings and subsequent draft don't show a clear plan for the upgrading of this roster, both in talent and balance.  It's obvious.  All of the players signed in free agency have the characteristics that fit the personalities and style of play preferred by coaches on both sides of the ball. The choices made in the draft only accentuated that path and balanced out the roster even more.

When you have a dearth of talent on a team, BPA is most definitely the best course of action to take.  We're not filling in a super bowl roster here.  We're building a team.  The criticism of BPA is for those who have no other good argument against picking a particular player that isn't their preferred choice.  It's fool's gold.  What's the preference?  Draft less talented players?  Not for me.

Quinnen Williams is more than good.  You don't pass on the "luxury" of drafting this kind of talented player, regardless of how good Leo is.  He is skilled enough to be used in a lot of ways.  That "He's a run stuffing DT" is a load of Horse Sh#t.  He does fill multiple weaknesses on the team.  I don't see the Jets having any problem rushing the passer, or stopping the run, with this type of talent we now possess.  Good times ahead. Get used to it.

4 hours ago, ECURB said:

Not using your feelings that are running wild on this message board...but rather using FACTS... Prove me wrong.

I only had time to pick the "best" team to compare us against but feel free to look up some others.

2015-2018 Drafts

JETS - 28 picks 

Currently still have 18 on the team (64%)

9 are starters (32%)

Patriots - 33 picks

Currently still have 14 on the team (42%)

4 are starters (12%)

So you say "Mac sucks at drafting" but what are you basing it on? Almost 3/4 of his picks are still kicking and it looks like this year will be no different.

Have we won the SB in that span? Have we won the division? Have we made the playoffs? Have we even had a winning record? Or better yet, have we even best those patsies since 2015?

You've been proven WRONG.

Archived