Prove me wrong

ECURB

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Jets have lower percentage of active players per round in 2nd-5th rounds vs. league average.  #FACT

Note, these numbers do not include Macc's timeframe only.

So, here are the numbers for Macc's timeframe.  Last in players still in the league, 22nd in players still on their own team.  #FACTS

If you look at percentages, instead of total number, it looks worse.  #FACTS

So, not busting in the first round is good, but consistently picking top 10 certainly has helped that #FACTS.

Oh, and his FA has been a failure too.

So, does this prove you wrong or

Wow some good stuff

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I don't know if any of this is fact, but it certainly seems that way. The level of talent on this team over the last 3 years is almost laughable. Mac is responsible for ALL of it.

Prepare yourself to be bashed and labeled for agreeing with truth and facts. 

7 hours ago, ECURB said:

Not using your feelings that are running wild on this message board...but rather using FACTS... Prove me wrong.

I only had time to pick the "best" team to compare us against but feel free to look up some others.

2015-2018 Drafts

JETS - 28 picks 

Currently still have 18 on the team (64%)

9 are starters (32%)

Patriots - 33 picks

Currently still have 14 on the team (42%)

4 are starters (12%)

So you say "Mac sucks at drafting" but what are you basing it on? Almost 3/4 of his picks are still kicking and it looks like this year will be no different.

Reminder NE won how many Super Bowls in this time frame. 

So Charone Peake gets cut this season and replaced with an UDFA 

Rinse wash repeat 4 years MM as GM we haven't sniffed the playoffs. 

This years draft rounds 1-3 decent 4-6 worst in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Prepare yourself to be bashed and labeled for agreeing with truth and facts. 

I could honestly care less. I want my beloved Jets to win the SB before I die. I think the way to building that winner is to have personnel that are qualified and do the job the right way. I DON'T see that in Mac. I see a guy that's in over his head. His apparent "talent" that got him this job when put to task has failed miserably. Perhaps it's time ownership admits they made a hiring mistake?

• Post of the Week 3

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is where I guess I differ from you and "every analyst" - to me the draft is a crap shoot...

and I imagine, don't have the time to do the research, but I imagine if you look at the drafts over the past 20 years or so - the guy taken at 3 has about the same amount of success as the guy taken at 8 or 11.

Just because "every analyst" says that's the guy you should take doesn't mean that's what you should do. 

The Jets drafted their future last year at #3 overall - IMHO - their job this year was to do anything and everything possible to help him turn into a legitimate - 15 year, NFL franchise QB.  

And if that means taking a guy at 3 that you probably could have gotten at 8 then you do it.  If that means making a trade for less than what "every analyst" says it is worth - you do it.

This year should have been about one thing and one thing only - helping Sam Darnold.  Instead we draft defense with our first two picks and use 4 of the total 6 picks on defense.

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying the - We had no choice but to draft defense - BS...

Damn you should be our GM lol

Good god this is almost unbearable. Bottom line - if you don’t draft a generational QB your team most likely will not win. Last year Mac had the balls to trade away 3 2nd rounders for a chance at an elite QB. For that I applaud him and that’s why I like him.

if he didn’t do that the Jets would be nowhere. He knew what QBs were coming out this draft and he made the right move last year. This is a better much better team.  

• Upvote 2

Tom Brady made that whole team better. His offense allowed the defense to play a one dimensional game most times, their offensive line was good because nobody gets the ball out faster than him (plus they get away with holding ?). No Qb has enjoyed the continuity he has experienced.

Hopefully Sam  Darnold is our Tom Brady. If he is Mac is a genius 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This is where I guess I differ from you and "every analyst" - to me the draft is a crap shoot...

and I imagine, don't have the time to do the research, but I imagine if you look at the drafts over the past 20 years or so - the guy taken at 3 has about the same amount of success as the guy taken at 8 or 11.

Just because "every analyst" says that's the guy you should take doesn't mean that's what you should do. 

The Jets drafted their future last year at #3 overall - IMHO - their job this year was to do anything and everything possible to help him turn into a legitimate - 15 year, NFL franchise QB.  

And if that means taking a guy at 3 that you probably could have gotten at 8 then you do it.  If that means making a trade for less than what "every analyst" says it is worth - you do it.

This year should have been about one thing and one thing only - helping Sam Darnold.  Instead we draft defense with our first two picks and use 4 of the total 6 picks on defense.

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying the - We had no choice but to draft defense - BS...

The first OL taken in this draft was at 11 -- Jonah Williams. Are you suggesting that the Jets should have wildly reached for him at #3 just because he's an OT, and a questionable one at the pro-level at that? If you think Mac is bad, that would be uber-stupid.

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, Cyberjet said:

Good god this is almost unbearable. Bottom line - if you don’t draft a generational QB your team most likely will not win. Last year Mac had the balls to trade away 3 2nd rounders for a chance at an elite QB. For that I applaud him and that’s why I like him.

if he didn’t do that the Jets would be nowhere. He knew what QBs were coming out this draft and he made the right move last year. This is a better much better team.  

Add that this draft was much stronger on defense than offense. Mac went with the strength of the draft, which has its issues, but at least is rational. Which Williams will make a bigger impact -- Jonah or Quinnen -- I'm betting Quinnen. I would certainly love to see the OL beefed up. Particularly center. But that would have required us to win the Morse/Paradis wars and I don't think we were in the game or that the Jets valued either highly enough to bet the farm. We'll see if they're right.

Taking Brady and Beli out of the equation the Pats are also probably the best team in signing reasonably priced vet FA who end up having a huge role or tremendous impact. I can't be bothered to look up the numerous posts people have made with stats outlining the proof that Mac has been bottom of the league atrocious in drafting. I'm sure the OP of these stats can find them. 

Either way, comparing the Jets to the Pats in terms of drafting is foolish. It's no secret the Pats have not been a strong team when it comes to the draft. They also happen to be the one team that can get by despite that deficit. 

17 hours ago, ECURB said:

Zero facts in this post. Nice try.

This wasn't a thread for you to complain about your feelings, hit us with some truth!

LOL ARE YOU KIDDING? FEELINGS? You have no credibility. You are a complete fraud. You refuse to answer the question because it shows the complete neglect by your boy Macc. So what do you do? You dismiss it out of hand rather than acknowledge the FACT that you are completely wrong and Macc should have been let go with Bowles. What an utter waste of time this thread was and is.

17 hours ago, genot said:

Your the only one who would have, on this board, or in any front office. Who would you rather plan blocking schemes for Leo and Mclendon, or Leo and Q. With any sort of outside rush, they will be an impossible combination to block. Edoga has a chance to be as good or a better pro than Williams. He's not as polished as Williams, but his skills translate very well to the NFL. Your statement was Mac was ignoring the offensive line. I don't think that's true. Sorry. He traded for a left guard, signed Tom Compton for depth, drafted a potential starter in Edoga, and we just signed as an UDFA from USC another Tackle, who has also played guard and center.

No. There are other guys on this board who would have taken an OL at 3. They have admitted it in the numerous draft threads that have sprung up on these boards so you're wrong again. You can't say what anyone would do in any front office because you have no clue as to what any team is thinking. This years 1st round proves that conventional thinking goes out the window when it comes to draft choices. So you're wrong again.

WTF are you talking about? I want Williams planning the blocking schemes. They drafted the "steal of the draft" according to you Macc scrotum lickers in Polite right? They are going to play Anderson,Q, Leo and Polite at the same time? They going to rotate them? It sounds like you think YOU are going to be planning the blocking schemes here pal. I think I will pass on that but thanks.

You admit that Edoga has a chance to be as god as Wiliams in one breath, then say he is not as polished? Which is it? So you want to wait for Edoga to become the player you could have had earlier? Can Sam wait? Can you seriously sit there and justify drafting a project OL when you admit the guy you're comparing him too is better NOW when he is needed as opposed to waiting for a guy who may or may not develop? WOW. Get a clue.

Macc has ignored the OL for all of his tenure. So he traded for a guy who is 30 and coming off an injury marred season in which he had injuries to his knee and foot. Not good signs for an OL pushing 30. Plus he signed a guy who is second tier at best and you are touting that. He had an elite guy there for the taking AND DIDN'T EVEN OFFER HIM A DEAL. LMAO. Now you're also spouting some bullsh*t about UDFA's that he signed. HELLO....ANYONE IN THERE...they are UFDA's for a reason my Macc worshipping friend. As in no one thought they were worth a friggin draft pick? Not even a 7th rounder....LOL.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ECURB said:

Not using your feelings that are running wild on this message board...but rather using FACTS... Prove me wrong.

I only had time to pick the "best" team to compare us against but feel free to look up some others.

2015-2018 Drafts

JETS - 28 picks 

Currently still have 18 on the team (64%)

9 are starters (32%)

Patriots - 33 picks

Currently still have 14 on the team (42%)

4 are starters (12%)

So you say "Mac sucks at drafting" but what are you basing it on? Almost 3/4 of his picks are still kicking and it looks like this year will be no different.

Bellichick also sucks at drafting, it just gets masked by Brady and Bill's great coaching. That is why every year the "experts" give Bill's drafts an "A" and then by mid-season people are saying the Patriots seemingly lack talent and will need Bill to work his magic again. 

18 hours ago, ECURB said:

I see some people actually doing some homework and making real points... Waiting on you and the other haters to step up. Even if you are right it's all good... Just prove it.

The burden of proof is on you.  The Jets have not been to the playoffs in the Macc era and we have a 24-40 record since he arrived.  Are those not facts? 

The draft is the most important aspect of a GM's job.  Despite picking early in nearly every draft, Macc leads the NFL in players drafted who are no longer in the NFL.  Is that not a "fact" that proves he is terrible at his job?

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2018/12/19/18148590/mike-maccagnan-doesnt-have-a-very-strong-case-to-keep-his-job-as-jets-general-manager

Im assuming some of that was people wanting to see where Maccagnan of the Jets fits in so here you go. Since 2015 the Jets rank last in drafted players still in the league and tied for 22nd with players still on their own team.

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No. There are other guys on this board who would have taken an OL at 3. They have admitted it in the numerous draft threads that have sprung up on these boards so you're wrong again. You can't say what anyone would do in any front office because you have no clue as to what any team is thinking. This years 1st round proves that conventional thinking goes out the window when it comes to draft choices. So you're wrong again.

WTF are you talking about? I want Williams planning the blocking schemes. They drafted the "steal of the draft" according to you Macc scrotum lickers in Polite right? They are going to play Anderson,Q, Leo and Polite at the same time? They going to rotate them? It sounds like you think YOU are going to be planning the blocking schemes here pal. I think I will pass on that but thanks.

Y

Watch your language sir. You want to misquote me, fine. Either your doing that on purpose or you just don't know how to read. My guess reading your post is the later. I said Offensive line coaches would have a difficult time, figuring out blocking schemes with both Williams on the inside, with an edge rusher like Polite on the outside. Nobody with a brain on this board would have drafted Jonah at #3. The people on this board that wanted an o-lineman with the 1st pick, would have traded down first. More evidence that you can't read, or only read parts of a post that justify you calling people vile names.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, genot said:

Watch your language sir. You want to misquote me, fine. Either your doing that on purpose or you just don't know how to read. My guess reading your post is the later. I said Offensive line coaches would have a difficult time, figuring out blocking schemes with both Williams on the inside, with an edge rusher like Polite on the outside. Nobody with a brain on this board would have drafted Jonah at #3. The people on this board that wanted an o-lineman with the 1st pick, would have traded down first. More evidence that you can't read, or only read parts of a post that justify you calling people vile names.

LOL. No you didn't. Here is your unedited post from before. Show me where you mention any effing thing about an OL coach here. WHERE?  Seems like someone has a memory problem? Or is it selective memory? Now not only are you delusional you're a liar as well. NEXT.

17 hours ago, genot said:

Your the only one who would have, on this board, or in any front office. Who would you rather plan blocking schemes for Leo and Mclendon, or Leo and Q. With any sort of outside rush, they will be an impossible combination to block. Edoga has a chance to be as good or a better pro than Williams. He's not as polished as Williams, but his skills translate very well to the NFL. Your statement was Mac was ignoring the offensive line. I don't think that's true. Sorry. He traded for a left guard, signed Tom Compton for depth, drafted a potential starter in Edoga, and we just signed as an UDFA from USC another Tackle, who has also played guard and center.

• Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, ECURB said:

How does it compare to the league and other GMs? You gave me a fact with nothing to put it against? Is he top half? Bottom half?

Since 2015, here is how the Jets have done compared to other teams in the league:

• 1) Patriots:  50-14 (.781)
  • 2) Chiefs: 45-19 (.703)
  • 3) Steelers:  43-20-1 (.672)
  • 4) Vikings:  40-23-1 (.625)
  • 5) Seahawks:  39-24-1 (.609)
  • 6) Panthers:  39-25 (.609)
  • 7) Saints:  38-26 (.594)
  • 8 ) Eagles:  36-28 (.563)
  • Falcons:  36-28 (.563)
  • Cowboys:  36-28 (.563)
  • 11) Rams:  35-29 (.547)
  • 12) Packers:  33-31 (.516)
  • Texans:  33-31 (.516)
  • 14) Broncos:  32-32 (.500)
  • Ravens:  32-32 (.500)
  • 16) Bengals:  31-32-1 (.484)
  • Redskins:  31-32-1 (.484)
  • Cardinals:  31-32-1 (.484)
  • 19) Lions:  31-33 (.484)
  • 20) Colts:  30-34 (.469)
  • Bills:  30-34 (.469)
  • Chargers:  30-34 (.469)
  • Titans 30-34 (.469)
  • 24) Dolphins:  29-35  (.453)
  • Raiders:  29-35 (.453)
  • 26) Bears:  26-38 (.406)
  • 27) Giants:  25-39 (.391)
  • Bucs:  25-39 (.391)
  • 29) Jets:  24-40 (.375)
  • 30) Jaguars:  23-41 (.359)
  • 31) 49ers:  17-47 (.266)
  • 32) Browns:  11-52-1 (.172)

And all of those teams above have been to the playoffs at least once in that span except for us, the Browns, 49ers and Bucs. 

I guess you can celebrate we've been better than the Browns.  Except for the whole part where the Browns' future looks very bright, and they have a very good shot at being a playoff team this year based on how they played last year and what they added in the offseason to a young, solid core of talent. 

Jaguars, meh.  It's a wash at best there.  Especially since they went to an AFC Title game in that span. 

We're better than the 49ers.  So we have that going for us.  Hooray.

16 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. No you didn't. Here is your unedited post from before. Show me where you mention any effing thing about an OL coach here. WHERE?  Seems like someone has a memory problem? Or is it selective memory? Now not only are you delusional you're a liar as well. NEXT.

Who'd you think i was talking about. You couldn't figure that out. I wasn't talking about Trump planning the blocking schemes. I mean who would be planning those schemes. Didn't think i'd have to spell it out for you. I'm not into name calling. The fact you couldn't figure out who i was talking about, pretty much tells all.

This is a classic self-defeating fan. The Jets have been better than the cowboys in the last 20 years but you would never see a cowboys fan acting like this.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Since 2015, here is how the Jets have done compared to other teams in the league:

• 8 ) Cowboys:  36-28 (.563)

So how about some other teams then? The JETS have more Superbowls than half the NFL how do they draft and build a roster compared to them? 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• 1) Patriots:  50-14 (.781)
  • 2) Chiefs: 45-19 (.703)
  • 3) Steelers:  43-20-1 (.672)
  • 4) Vikings:  40-23-1 (.625)
  • 5) Seahawks:  39-24-1 (.609)
  • 6) Panthers:  39-25 (.609)
  • 7) Saints:  38-26 (.594)
  • 8 ) Eagles:  36-28 (.563)
  • Falcons:  36-28 (.563)
  • Cowboys:  36-28 (.563)
  • 11) Rams:  35-29 (.547)
  • 12) Packers:  33-31 (.516)
  • Texans:  33-31 (.516)
  • 14) Broncos:  32-32 (.500)
  • Ravens:  32-32 (.500)
  • 16) Bengals:  31-32-1 (.484)
  • Redskins:  31-32-1 (.484)
  • Cardinals:  31-32-1 (.484)
  • 19) Lions:  31-33 (.484)
  • 20) Colts:  30-34 (.469)
  • Bills:  30-34 (.469)
  • Chargers:  30-34 (.469)
  • Titans 30-34 (.469)
  • 24) Dolphins:  29-35  (.453)
  • Raiders:  29-35 (.453)
  • 26) Bears:  26-38 (.406)
  • 27) Giants:  25-39 (.391)
  • Bucs:  25-39 (.391)
  • 30) Jaguars:  23-41 (.359)
  • 31) 49ers:  17-47 (.266)
  • 32) Browns:  11-52-1 (.172)

And all of those teams above have been to the playoffs at least once in that span except for us, the Browns, 49ers and Bucs. 

I guess you can celebrate we've been better than the Browns.  Except for the whole part where the Browns' future looks very bright, and they have a very good shot at being a playoff team this year based on how they played last year and what they added in the offseason to a young, solid core of talent. 

Jaguars, meh.  It's a wash at best there.  Especially since they went to an AFC Title game in that span. 

We're better than the 49ers.  So we have that going for us.  Hooray.

12 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

The first OL taken in this draft was at 11 -- Jonah Williams. Are you suggesting that the Jets should have wildly reached for him at #3 just because he's an OT, and a questionable one at the pro-level at that? If you think Mac is bad, that would be uber-stupid.

That is exactly what I am suggesting.  IMHO - Jonah Williams is more likely to make the NY Jets a better than Q will - And that's what it's about - being a better team. 

The TE at 8 would have also had a bigger impact on the team than Q would.

Ultimately, I think the "reach" idea is just stupid.  guys at the top of draft bust often....guys in the middle of 1st round bust often.  As I stated in my previous post my guess is guys taken at 8 or 11 have had as much success in the NFL than guys take at 3.  

• Thumb Down 1

21 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well it is easier to find a starter on a bad team than it is to draft starters on a Super Bowl level team.

But I agree with the premise, the draft is way more of a crap shoot than people admit.

I am working on a project right now that will go back and show the draft for every NFL team for the past five years for each round.  I will break down the information by round and show players still on drafting team by each round, and if not, if they are still in the NFL.  Will take a bit of time, but I think it will be interesting to look at.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Jets have lower percentage of active players per round in 2nd-5th rounds vs. league average.  #FACT

Note, these numbers do not include Macc's timeframe only.

So, here are the numbers for Macc's timeframe.  Last in players still in the league, 22nd in players still on their own team.  #FACTS

If you look at percentages, instead of total number, it looks worse.  #FACTS

So, not busting in the first round is good, but consistently picking top 10 certainly has helped that #FACTS.

Oh, and his FA has been a failure too.

So, does this prove you wrong or

But why are you so caught up in your feelings milennial???

15 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

These are tricky stats. Players in the league is not terribly relevant.

Of course its relevant.  How many people here have tried to argue that Bowles, not Macc, was our biggest problem?  Players failing here AND failing elsewhere puts the blame for those picks squarely on the shoulders of the GM, not on the coach who failed to "develop" them.