If Giants take Darnold...

jgb

If Giants went Darnold...  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who does Macc take?

I vote Rosen. Macc got burned bad by Hack. Allen is a big armed QB with accuracy questions. Don't see him going down that road again. Rosen was seen as the "NFL ready" and consensus "low risk" pick. A quintessential Macc selection.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

I vote Rosen. Macc got burned bad by Hack. Allen is a big armed QB with accuracy questions. Don't see him going down that road again. Rosen was seen as the "NFL ready" and consensus "low risk" pick. A quintessential Macc selection.

Exactly. Rosen was seen as much safer than Allen at the time. I can not see Mack subscribing to the multi year project that was josh Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hack’s issues were mechanics and intelligence 

Allen’s mechanics are fine and he scored excellent on wonderlic but I agree Mac was so burned by both Hack and Petty busting he would have taken Rosen over Allen

• Upvote 2

This is very Jets fan like. We think we have our franchise qb. We’re all very excited.  Now we want a thread to discuss what would have happened if our fired gm hadn’t done the only great thing he did and instead taken a qb who sucks. Next let’s debate what would have happened if the giants had drafted Joe Namath!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CurtMart said:

Mac had a hardon for Josh Rosen from what I’ve read. He was his #2 guy behind Darnold. So glad Giants went RB

I'd actually love to read any reports about this. I haven't seen anything about Macc's thoughts about Rosen and Allen.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I'd actually love to read any reports about this. I haven't seen anything about Macc's thoughts about Rosen and Allen.

Francesa said unequivocally that he knew the Jets wanted Rosen over everyone except Sam

I’m not one of these people who believes everything Fatcessa says but I don’t think he’s making this one up

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I read numerous times how he jumped up to grab Rosen. Towards the draft day, Mayfield started making noise but Rosen was viewed at the safest and most NFL ready at the time and mac wasn’t taking chances. Let me see if I can dig up something. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

Francesa said unequivocally that he knew the Jets wanted Rosen over everyone except Sam

I’m not one of these people who believes everything Fatcessa says but I don’t think he’s making this one up

Wow. Even Baker. Jeebus.

I had basically accepted Baker would be our QB. And I was OK with that. Never thought Darnold would fall.

If Macc took Rosen over Baker it might've been enough for me to boycott.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, jgb said:

Wow. Even Baker. Jeebus.

I had basically accepted Baker would be our QB. And I was OK with that. Never thought Darnold would fall.

If Macc took Rosen over Baker it might've been enough for me to boycott.

Ultimately I think Sam is still the best QB out of that draft.  He’s a more athletic Matt Ryan and clutch

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Even if Darnold went 1st and Barkley went 2nd, I think we still draft Rosen. 

I read stuff about macc picking everyone but I’m personally convinced Baker was going to our QB If Sam went to the browns and Barkley went 2nd.

But if it was baker and Sam 1st and 2nd macc wasn’t taking Allen over Rosen.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, docdhc said:

This is very Jets fan like. We think we have our franchise qb. We’re all very excited.  Now we want a thread to discuss what would have happened if our fired gm hadn’t done the only great thing he did and instead taken a qb who sucks. Next let’s debate what would have happened if the giants had drafted Joe Namath!

Don't let one thread rain on your parade. You can still snuggle with your Danold waifu pillow and whisper sweet nothings into its ear.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mac’s board was:

1- mayfield

2- darnold

3- Rosen

No it wasn’t. Darnold was assumed gone and the Jets were taking Mayfield because of it. 

I actually think the Jets leaking their interest in Mayfield spooked the Browns and forced them l take him 1. I believe the Browns wanted to go Saquon #1 and Mayfield 4 (assuming Giants would take Darnold and Jets Rosen/Allen) but once the Jets interest in Mayfield came out they couldn’t risk it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

No it wasn’t. Darnold was assumed gone and the Jets were taking Mayfield because of it. 

I actually think the Jets leaking their interest in Mayfield spooked the Browns and forced them l take him 1. I believe the Browns wanted to go Saquon #1 and Mayfield 4 (assuming Giants would take Darnold and Jets Rosen/Allen) but once the Jets interest in Mayfield came out they couldn’t risk it. 

Why did we fire that master poker player Macc!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah, don’t buy it. Reports right before the draft were that the Jets weren’t going to let Mayfield get past the #3 pick. Either that was true, or it was genius subterfuge designed to get Dorsey to take Mayfield #1 overall so that Darnold would fall. There were rumors that Dorsey wanted Barkley #1 and Mayfield #4. The hypothetical here is just that, because it was pretty common knowledge that Gettleman loved Barkley, and that was his choice all the way. So either you think Maccagnan punked Dorsey into taking Mayfield #1, or he got lucky. Either way, one of Darnold or Mayfield was gonna be there at #3. I think Mac got lucky. There was nothing linking the Jets to Rosen. 

• Upvote 3