Reverse Karma

Jetster

Each & every year articles are written about the Patriots demise & lo & behold they win another Super Bowl making it very difficult to bet against them. So this year it seems no one is writing them off & instead are touting their resiliency even though the 2019 season hasn't taken place yet. 

They've lost an all time TE due to retirement in Gronk, they've lost their starting center who has been a rock for them, Edelman is 34 years old! Brady is 42, Ben Watson is also old & out for the 1st 4 games, they're starting a LT that hasn't played 1 NFL regular season game, they open with the Steelers, play in the HEAT in Miami & then we come to town on 9/22. The beginning of their schedule looks very favorable but unlike previous seasons, if they stumble a bit out of the gate they have a gauntlet starting with @ Browns, Home to the Ravens, Home to the Eagles, @ Cowboys, home to the Texans, @ Chiefs. That is not an easy schedule! 

You guys all might be apologizing to SAR 1 for laughing at his offseason predictions for the Jets. 

Here's an example of the ball washing going on in the press regarding the 2019 Patriots: This is from USA Today:

Now comes word that starting center David Andrews has blood clots in his lungs, the recovery from which almost certainly means he’ll miss the entire season. Oh, and Tom Brady isn’t getting any younger.

Surely not even the Patriots can overcome all this, not with a schedule that requires them to play the Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans and Kansas City Chiefs in consecutive weeks.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but of course they can. They’re the Patriots. In fact, don’t be surprised to see them in Miami the first weekend in February – and I don’t mean for offseason vacations.

The Patriots play in what is easily the weakest division in the NFL, and the Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets haven’t shown any signs of having a clue as to how to change that. So long as the Patriots have Belichick and Brady, the AFC East is theirs for the taking.

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Each & every year articles are written about the Patriots demise & lo & behold they win another Super Bowl making it very difficult to bet against them. So this year it seems no one is writing them off & instead are touting their resiliency even though the 2019 season hasn't taken place yet. 

They've lost an all time TE due to retirement in Gronk, they've lost their starting center who has been a rock for them, Edelman is 34 years old! Brady is 42, Ben Watson is also old & out for the 1st 4 games, they're starting a LT that hasn't played 1 NFL regular season game, they open with the Steelers, play in the HEAT in Miami & then we come to town on 9/22. The beginning of their schedule looks very favorable but unlike previous seasons, if they stumble a bit out of the gate they have a gauntlet starting with @ Browns, Home to the Ravens, Home to the Eagles, @ Cowboys, home to the Texans, @ Chiefs. That is not an easy schedule! 

You guys all might be apologizing to SAR 1 for laughing at his offseason predictions for the Jets. 

Here's an example of the ball washing going on in the press regarding the 2019 Patriots: This is from USA Today:

Now comes word that starting center David Andrews has blood clots in his lungs, the recovery from which almost certainly means he’ll miss the entire season. Oh, and Tom Brady isn’t getting any younger.

Surely not even the Patriots can overcome all this, not with a schedule that requires them to play the Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans and Kansas City Chiefs in consecutive weeks.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but of course they can. They’re the Patriots. In fact, don’t be surprised to see them in Miami the first weekend in February – and I don’t mean for offseason vacations.

The Patriots play in what is easily the weakest division in the NFL, and the Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets haven’t shown any signs of having a clue as to how to change that. So long as the Patriots have Belichick and Brady, the AFC East is theirs for the taking.

Who wrote that?

• Upvote 2

I skimmed. Are you suggesting that the blood clots are a form of karma? That’s pretty tacky. And if you think it’s reverse karma then you don’t actually know what karma is.

I always love when people formulate opinions after a good short skim or quick headline evaluation. Makes life more fun doesn’t it? ?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

22 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How many times have we seen Tom Brady bailed out by the refs in final drives get a new lease on life with a horrific PI call on 3rd & long tosses downfield? That sh*t aint gonna fly anymore! 

I'll believe it when I see it :)

17 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I always love when people formulate opinions after a good short skim or quick headline evaluation. Makes life more fun doesn’t it? ?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He's just butthurt because I blocked him so he's responding through others. No biggie, the guy has a reading comprehension problem, always has. The reverse Karma is clearly more about the press giving up the Pats will slide a bit (How many times have we seen it with slow starts like last year) articles & instead have decided to ignore some of their shortcomings & injuries. Just feels like the media is always wrong so this may be the year they trip & fall on their face. We'll see. I like the way she did not even include the Browns @ Cleveland as a tough game? 

USA Today is the fluffer for all NFL teams.  They are the ones who write the puff-pieces to make teams and fans feel better about stupid draft picks, even in the face of all evidence to the contrary.  There is zero journalistic integrity in that sports department.  Take it as you will.

• Upvote 2

This is utter horse $hit. The Patriots are men like any other in the NFL. Taking it further, most of them are no name plug and play players. The problem is league incompetence where very precious few have ever been able to beat them. They do the same crap year in and year out and nobody has ever been able to figure them out, and assemble enough talent to beat them. Whining and saying stupid things about blood clots and a man's life is idiotic. Go get some god damned players, go out, and beat their asses. The KC offside actually was offside. The dropped INT was not the Pats doing. Nobody can beat them. It sucks.

• Upvote 1