Trevor Lawrence

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Thats a terrible answer.  This guy is an asset and playing another down for free after this year would be mind numbingly stupid.

Can take the dog outta the fight but not the fight outta the dog 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Can take the dog outta the fight but not the fight outta the dog 

So if the xfl offered him 2 million dollars to play 10 games.  And the endorsements he could start recieving.  You dont think he should take that?

If im the xfl, thats the guy I want to get this league off the ground.  A marketable star.  It would only be for 1 year but thats the guy they need to get.

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So if the xfl offered him 2 million dollars to play 10 games.  And the endorsements he could start recieving.  You dont think he should take that?

If im the xfl, thats the guy I want to get this league off the ground.  A marketable star.  It would only be for 1 year but thats the guy they need to get.

Nope. 

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If he continues to progress (or hell, just stay at the same level), he’ll be the greatest QB prospect in history come 2021. He’ll use Elway, Peyton and Luck to wipe his brown eye.

I just hope that Miami and Buffalo continue to toil in mediocrity and have no chance at him.

Let’s calm down a little. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Let’s calm down a little. 

Don’t see the point

He’s truly special.

Barring injury or falling flat on his face in the most epic way possible, he’s the guaranteed #1 pick two years from now and should be a 12+ year all-pro unless the team that drafts him dicks him up and down six ways from Sunday.

Guys like this are truly generational.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Don’t see the point

He’s truly special.

Barring injury or falling flat on his face in the most epic way possible, he’s the guaranteed #1 pick two years from now and should be a 12+ year all-pro unless the team that drafts him dicks him up and down six ways from Sunday.

So would you recommend he sit next year or play in xfl for one year for a few million?

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

TWO MILLION? You're dating yourself bud. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

So would you recommend he sit next year or play in xfl for one year for a few million?

I’d recommend that he play for possibly his 3rd national championship in a row and then cause the team that has the #1 pick in 2021 to tell any team looking to move up to go f*ck themselves even if they’re offering  their next ten 1st round picks to move up.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Don’t see the point

He’s truly special.

I think he’s a great prospect, but writing that he’ll be head and shoulders above Peyton Manning and John Elway as prospects by the time he is drafted just sounds silly.

i think he has a chance to be on par with those guys, but let’s see a little more before we anoint him GOAT prospect. Elway was a serious specimen. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think he’s a great prospect, but writing that he’ll be head and shoulders above Peyton Manning and John Elway as prospects by the time he is drafted just sounds silly.

i think he has a chance to be on par with those guys, but let’s see a little more before we anoint him GOAT prospect. Elway was a serious specimen. 

Correct.  Darnold was hyped as a shoe in for the heisman going into his junior year and he never lived up to that.

Lots can happen.

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Imagine walking around campus as the star QB. Yup. I’d stay all 4 years and party it up. But then again that’s why I’m sitting at home watching these guys play.

Yea, but halfway through the partying someone tells you that If you agree to quit, you are a multi-millionaire 

51 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why would this guy play college football next year?  I only see 1 option:

1- play 1 year in the xfl and make a few million dollars.  Then enter the draft that May.

Can anyone make a case as to why returning to college football for a 3rd year would be better then that?

For the kitty cat.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why would this guy play college football next year?  I only see 1 option:

1- play 1 year in the xfl and make a few million dollars.  Then enter the draft that May.

Can anyone make a case as to why returning to college football for a 3rd year would be better then that?

Because he's a competitor and is loyal too his teammates. 

• Upvote 1

Thats a terrible answer.  This guy is an asset and playing another down for free after this year would be mind numbingly stupid.

He'd probably be paid less to play for a XFL team and have a sh*ttier supporting cast. What scenario do you think is more conducive to a terrible injury?

Pretty sure his insurance contract covers that and much more. You should let this thread die an early death because it is so out of the realm of possibilities.

Well its good he doesnt have you as an advisor.  Taking another snap for free after this year would be the dumbest possible thing this young man could do.

If he had you as an adviser he would get hurt in an XFL game for 2mil and have all of his endorsements dripping down the drain.  

• Upvote 1

Then again, hes not having a good game.  50% completion percentage and 2 picks.  He coukd be the next hackenburg.  Phenominal freshman year then total bust.

Not gonna happen. They are nothing alike..