Nathan Shepherd 6 game suspension for PED's

Icer

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

mac was a horrible drafter.except for maye, all of his 2nd rounders were busts, and i don't think he hit on any 3rd or 4th rounders.  and he gets some credit for his 1st rounders but it's not like he was digging for a guy with a bottom 10 pick.  except for lee he had top 6 picks during his whole tenure.

Maye was in his 3rd draft. If you want to compare apples to apples, you'd have to look at just his 2015 and 2016 drafts.

Bad as Idzik's drafts were, it's intellectually dishonest to say, "Let's look at the good players he drafted in 2 years and compare that against the players someone else drafted over 5 years."

4 hours ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Hey, welcome back Spermy, missed you. Am I really up to 24 now? Or are is my greek math off?

Its 100% true, The Jets were coming off a horrible year, had a lot of aging vets on bad contracts, and had no QB. Who in their right mind was going to keep that team together and keep the high contracts? Tannenbaum was on WFAN a few days after he was let go and said exactly what would be done, and what he would do, and that was the year it was designed to get rid of the bad contracts. Acting like Idzik did some genius move by cutting the bad contracts is silly, and only to be touted by those who for some really odd reason like him.

As for Geno, I said it before he was drafted, even by the Jets. I follow WV football and I knew exactly what he was. I made a post with, I think XI? before the draft saying to stay away from him and Emanual, if you want a QB take a flyer on Glennon ife he is available in the 4th or later, and draft a QB next year in what was known to be a far better QB draft.

What I said was it was as bad if not worse, if you want to wordsmith that into me saying it was worse, and then claim Im absurd, enjoy.

For some odd reason you were behind Idzik from day 1, and stood by him through thick (not really) and thin. You also hated Maccagnan from day one, and bashed him and claimed anything he did was bad, or lucky. They both were God awful, and there is nothing about Idzik that was in any way something to defend. Maccagnan being as bad, does not make Idzik any less awful.

You      are      up   .......

Among the things that Tannenbaum came out and said, right on TV, was that he'd have kept Revis by extending him further at $16MM/year to lower his immediate cap hit. 

Actually I didn't hate Maccagnan on day one at all. It wasn't until he did bad stuff as GM. If you can find a negative post I made about him the day (or week or month) he was hired, then go ahead, there's a searchable archive here instead of making up lies.

I'm allowed to grade someone poorly on a poor performance.

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Among the things that Tannenbaum came out and said, right on TV, was that he'd have kept Revis by extending him further at $16MM/year to lower his immediate cap hit. 

Actually I didn't hate Maccagnan on day one at all. It wasn't until he did bad stuff as GM. If you can find a negative post I made about him the day (or week or month) he was hired, then go ahead, there's a searchable archive here instead of making up lies.

I'm allowed to grade someone poorly on a poor performance.

OK, so just so I understand then, what exactly is the argument we are having? I said Idzik was terrible, and so was Maccagnan.

So is your argument with me that Idzik was actually good? 

21 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

OK, so just so I understand then, what exactly is the argument we are having? I said Idzik was terrible, and so was Maccagnan.

So is your argument with me that Idzik was actually good? 

Yes that is clearly my argument. You are very smart, no matter what everyone else says. :)  

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes that is clearly my argument. You are very smart, no matter what everyone else says. :)  

If I were smart, I probably wouldn't be up to XXIV, but here we are.....

Im still not sure what argument you were trying to pick with me, all I can deduce is that you were offended I didn't say Maccagnan was worse than Idzik, but if you would like to fill me in, maybe we can get back to the argument you would like to have with me. Or, you can always cut to the chase and get me to XXV? You are one powerful man round these parts.

11 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

If I were smart, I probably wouldn't be up to XXIV, but here we are.....

Im still not sure what argument you were trying to pick with me, all I can deduce is that you were offended I didn't say Maccagnan was worse than Idzik, but if you would like to fill me in, maybe we can get back to the argument you would like to have with me. Or, you can always cut to the chase and get me to XXV? You are one powerful man round these parts.

It was your nonsensical hindsight post with, among other things, the baseless "Woody made Idzik get rid of Revis" foil hat stuff.

He can be a terrible owner without forcing his GMs' hands. The truth on his ownership tenure (and his brother's stewardship since then) is bad enough without embellishing things that have no basis in history. 

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It was your nonsensical hindsight post with, among other things, the baseless "Woody made Idzik get rid of Revis" foil hat stuff.

He can be a terrible owner without forcing his GMs' hands. The truth on his ownership tenure (and his brother's stewardship since then) is bad enough without embellishing things that have no basis in history. 

My post offended you that much?

19 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Maye was in his 3rd draft. If you want to compare apples to apples, you'd have to look at just his 2015 and 2016 drafts.

Bad as Idzik's drafts were, it's intellectually dishonest to say, "Let's look at the good players he drafted in 2 years and compare that against the players someone else drafted over 5 years."

i agree you can judge a draft until about 2-3 seasons have passed but i don't think it changes things much.  idzik made some bad draft mistakes but that draft with 14 picks was also mostly composed of 5th and 6th rounders.  not that any pick should be considered throwaway but things get pretty lean once past the 4th round.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i agree you can judge a draft until about 2-3 seasons have passed but i don't think it changes things much.  idzik made some bad draft mistakes but that draft with 14 picks was also mostly composed of 5th and 6th rounders.  not that any pick should be considered throwaway but things get pretty lean once past the 4th round.

I’m sick of hearing Idzik get slammed meanwhile Mac botched 4 drafts and gets excuses made for him and now Douglas is bust signing Ryan Kalil and Kaare Vedvik

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

I’m sick of hearing Idzik get slammed meanwhile Mac botched 4 drafts and gets excuses made for him and now Douglas is bust signing Ryan Kalil and Kaare Vedvik

idzik got tossed because of the spat between him and rex.  not that he was great as gm but his plan/vision whatever was never tested.  mac came in and spent a ton drafted poorly and then compounded his errors by giving wilky a huge contract, botching up the fitz re-sign, drafting hack, etc.  imo douglas can't help but do better but getting kalil was a bit of a head scratcher.  i'm not going to kill him for vedvik except for waiting until the last minute to get a kicker.

On 10/26/2019 at 11:02 AM, rangerous said:

idzik got tossed because of the spat between him and rex.  not that he was great as gm but his plan/vision whatever was never tested.  mac came in and spent a ton drafted poorly and then compounded his errors by giving wilky a huge contract, botching up the fitz re-sign, drafting hack, etc.  imo douglas can't help but do better but getting kalil was a bit of a head scratcher.  i'm not going to kill him for vedvik except for waiting until the last minute to get a kicker.

With the Khalil situation you can at least say that JD tried to address a weakness as best he could without giving up premium draft capital.  It was only money.  To me I understand the fact that he was trying to make the line better at a time in the year where quality offensive lineman aren't available.  So i can't kill him for that. At least he showed he had a pulse and was attempting to fix a colossal mistake by Macc  when he basically ignored the offensive line with $100 million to spend.