Jump to content

Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”


Recommended Posts

Just now, slimjasi said:

Totally agree.

It’s almost like no one has watched the NFL for more than 6 weeks. 

Fans and media seem to want to completely re-evaluate players after every single week.

While this is a silly exercise with all players, it is particularly stupid with young QBs

It’s been 3 weeks Baker didn’t even look good facing our crappy defense

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Done!   You have made this gift In Honor of Baker Mayfield. Your gift details: Amount: $50.00 Payment Method: Visa Credit card ending in XXXX Date: 12/23/2019 Designation: Homes

Sam Darnold just went 7-6 with arguably the worst team in Football.  He improved in every single measurable passing category in a year his offense regressed tremendously.  I know you're wavering on yo

Rex Ryan, QB whisperer

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Tebow was Woody’s call

Russell Wilson was Terry Bradway's boy... Multiple reports about how he banged the table for him... Never heard of Rex till you showed that hearsay article.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Spelling of Hearsay
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Totally agree.

It’s almost like no one has watched the NFL for more than 6 weeks. 

Fans and media seem to want to completely re-evaluate players after every single week.

While this is a silly exercise with all players, it is particularly stupid with young QBs

It makes for edgy, opinionated football shows lol.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Not absolute but very believable.   As a Wolfpack fan I knew Wilson would succeed, especially after he succeeded at Wisconsin. Also, swore that Brisset would succeed.

Could always just fact check it with mike on Twitter

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Nobody’s always right especially w QB’s, and I’m not even sure on Darnold yet. But Mayfield seemed like a slam dunk overhyped a$$hole who get too flossed in his own ego to ever be really good. Guess we’ll see.

He spends more time making commercials and living it up then studying Defenses and I think that is starting to show. He needs to take a bit of a humble pill and come back showing that he can study and be better at the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Russell Wilson was Terry Bradway's boy... Multiple reports about how he banged the table for him... Never heard of Rex till you showed that heresay article.

Sorry I didn’t know we were in criminal court proceedings because Rex called out Baker for not being good

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Nobody’s always right especially w QB’s, and I’m not even sure on Darnold yet. But Mayfield seemed like a slam dunk overhyped a$$hole who’d get too flossed in his own ego to ever be really good. Guess we’ll see.

It’s gonna be a glorious meltdown 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Listen, Baker isn’t playing very well, but that team has major problems on the offensive line and very questionable coaching. 

 

Lol sound like the jets .. except the fact baker plays with bunch of high end skill players.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Sorry I didn’t know we were in criminal court proceedings because Rex called out Baker for not being good

Just saying that it was widely reported about Terry Bradway... never with a slight hint or mention that Rex wanted him until this article.  Also multiple beat reporters had it that Rex was all over having Tebow play a Brad Smith role to bring trickery to the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just saying that it was widely reported about Terry Bradway... never with a slight hint or mention that Rex wanted him until this article.  Also multiple beat reporters had it that Rex was all over having Tebow play a Brad Smith role to bring trickery to the game.

Post an article about Rex wanting Tebow

 

Tebow was 100% Woody’s meddle

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philc1 said:

If the browns start out 2-5 or 1-6 you’re ability to gloat about meaningless 2018 games might dissipate 

Their record really doesn’t matter to me. Baker, himself, doesn’t matter to me. This only matters to you. I’m simply telling you that, statistically, he had a record breaking year. There’s really nothing to refute or come back to. 2018 is finished lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Post an article about Rex wanting Tebow

 

Tebow was 100% Woody’s meddle

I also believe Rex wanted Tebow.  He would see Tebow as his ground and pound QB.   Tebow beat us in 2012, Miami end of year and we somehow end up with Tebow and Sporano. REX is an emotional animal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, southparkcpa said:

I also believe Rex wanted Tebow.  He would see Tebow as his ground and pound QB.   Tebow beat us in 2012, Miami end of year and we somehow end up with Tebow and Sporano. REX is an emotional animal.

You have zero proof Rex wanted Tebow

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiF said:

He's such a ******* douchebag.  Most unlikeable POS in all of sports really.  Even Tom Brady isnt as smug and arrogant as Baker I've never won anything meaningful in my life Mayfield yet I have the audacity to insult the Giants organization for taking a player who's not a winner. 

As I said through the process last year, I hate Mayfield but almost wanted the Jets to draft him to get front row seats for his demise.  I literally hate the NFL, cant stand it, cant watch it.  The product is pure garbage.  That said, the only thing keeping me somewhat interested is the hope that Mayfield crashes and burns, really hard.  Which means he'll have a comeback MVP like season because the world hates me.

This thread will be FUN  4 weeks from now if the Browns are 1-6!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He spends more time making commercials and living it up then studying Defenses and I think that is starting to show. He needs to take a bit of a humble pill and come back showing that he can study and be better at the game.

Especially when that’s suppose to be his MO, he’s not some kind of elite athlete with some elite skill set.

a. He was in the best offensive system in college football

b. He was an all guts and moxy overachiever 

with all the glory and fame his character seems more like a cross between Cutler/Sanchez/Newton and the all guts I’ll show them thing is morphing more into a defiant don’t you know who I am, thing

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Listen, Baker isn’t playing very well, but that team has major problems on the offensive line and very questionable coaching. 

 

I see a qb that rolls right out the pocket all the time if his 1st read isn't open. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Russell Wilson was Terry Bradway's boy... Multiple reports about how he banged the table for him... Never heard of Rex till you showed that heresay article.

Heresay = Hearsay + heresy?  

I never heard that Rex wanted Wilson, but we did hear that he was despondent when the took Stephen Hill.  You have to figure there was somebody that he wanted.  Buttle is the kind of guy that might know and would still spill. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Especially when that’s his MO, he’s not some kind of elite athlete with some elite skill set.

a. He was in the best offensive system in college football

b. He was an all guts and moxy overachiever 

with all the glory and fame his character seems more like a cross between Cutler/Sanchez/Newton and the all guts I’ll show them thing is morphing more into a defiant don’t you know who I am, thing

The part where you can see the train wreck coming is not only does that team have known problem children on the roster (OBJ, Sheldumb, Baker) but the head coach is over his head

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Heresay = Hearsay + heresy?  

I never heard that Rex wanted Wilson, but we did hear that he was despondent when the took Stephen Hill.  You have to figure there was somebody that he wanted.  Buttle is the kind of guy that might know and would still spill. 

Buttle is also a big time cheerleader for the jets and their management he wouldn’t make something like that up

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just saying that it was widely reported about Terry Bradway... never with a slight hint or mention that Rex wanted him until this article.  Also multiple beat reporters had it that Rex was all over having Tebow play a Brad Smith role to bring trickery to the game.

It was reported Rex did't want Stephan Hill.. I liked Rex he was a fun guy and no he wasn't a great HC but he got the team to 2 AFCCG's and knocked the Pats out of the Playoffs at their home field.. Some people loved Mangini but he never won a playoff game, even in a Brady less year with a HOF QB.. The QB the Jets got rid of took a 1-15 team to the playoffs and won the East.. People like to say Rex won with Mangini's team something Mangini couldn't do..:roll:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Especially when that’s suppose to be his MO, he’s not some kind of elite athlete with some elite skill set.

a. He was in the best offensive system in college football

b. He was an all guts and moxy overachiever 

with all the glory and fame his character seems more like a cross between Cutler/Sanchez/Newton and the all guts I’ll show them thing is morphing more into a defiant don’t you know who I am, thing

Yes but I think that given some humble pie he will turn it around eventually

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...