Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Philc1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Browns should move Odell. Baker ignoring him helped the offense.

The attention Odell was garnering helped Ricky Seals Jones dominate from the TE position. That long catch he had was because the zone paid too much attention to Odell and Jones ran right past the defense. 

Odell had virtually no stats, but had a huge impact on this game in that regard.

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Except that I did.

Baker is up and down right now. There’s no need to diminish a good performance with nonsense.

Facts. 

Hopefully he'll settle in as the season progresses. However, 2 things they have to change. This shotgun option type rushing isnt really working. However, when they pull lineman to set up blocks for Chubb, he goes off. The Browns need to solidify the rushing attack to keep defenses honest instead of putting the entire defense on a 2nd year player with a sh*t offensive line. 

Today is an example of how you win games. Take Odell away is okay because there is talent across the offense. 

They also need some more of those max protect play designs like they had last year. Baker was carving up the defense from max protect.

The play calling is still a bit "meh", though today looked like the best day in comparison to the first 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Except that I did.

Baker is up and down right now. There’s no need to diminish a good performance with nonsense.

Did you miss that 150/300 yards came of two behind the line passes to Landry? Did you miss Chubb running for almost 200 yards? Baker made not a single play worth remembering. In fact he did his best to keep it close with a stupid pick in a critical point in the game.

• Upvote 1

I hope folks keep that same energy on the board this week as they had last week. I seen one dude on here (who will remain nameless) who felt the need to send out pages my way last week, yet today I seen him creeping into the thread like a church mouse after the win, then vanished like a thief in the night without saying a word in the thread or leaving a page. I bet that energy would have been there to talk your talk had things didnt go the way they did.

And this is why I ignore you fair-weather dudes when you figure it's the right time to seek my attention. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

They kicked the piss out of the Ravens and took over the division. That is all that matters. 

That’s exactly the point. The D held a dynamic offense to 25 points and forced multiple turnovers. On offense, 40 points for the Browns and only a grand total of 1 TD credited to Baker to go with his 1 int. Almost half of his pass yards will be attributed to YAC once the numbers come out on Tuesday. Chubb looked like he was playing against air. The second string TE dominated. And all of this is with OBJ throwing up a 2 for 20 night.

Credit for the Browns winning and Baker making the most of his situation, but contrary to his fanboys spam posts in every thread about him or Darnold, Baker hasn’t shown that he’s the tide that’s raising the Browns’ boat. He’s shown exactly what he was supposed to be coming out of college. Starter quality with a limited ceiling.

Btw: The reason for this thread is to point out that he’s a selfish entitled douche who hasn’t earned his mouth yet. Nothing’s changed on that front.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Did you miss that 150/300 yards came of two behind the line passes to Landry? Did you miss Chubb running for almost 200 yards? Baker made not a single play worth remembering. In fact he did his best to keep it close with a stupid pick in a critical point in the game.

Eh, he did his job and the Browns won a game they needed, given their upcoming schedule. 

I’ll leave this discussion here.

22 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

That’s exactly the point. The D held a dynamic offense to 25 points and forced multiple turnovers. On offense, 40 points for the Browns and only a grand total of 1 TD credited to Baker to go with his 1 int. Almost half of his pass yards will be attributed to YAC once the numbers come out on Tuesday. Chubb looked like he was playing against air. The second string TE dominated. And all of this is with OBJ throwing up a 2 for 20 night.

Credit for the Browns winning and Baker making the most of his situation, but contrary to his fanboys spam posts in every thread about him or Darnold, Baker hasn’t shown that he’s the tide that’s raising the Browns’ boat. He’s shown exactly what he was supposed to be coming out of college. Starter quality with a limited ceiling.

Btw: The reason for this thread is to point out that he’s a selfish entitled douche who hasn’t earned his mouth yet. Nothing’s changed on that front.

Winning!

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

So here’s what I’ve learned today from reading the threads about them.

Josh Allen sucks because he got hurt before he could finish a game when it looked like he was about to pull off a comeback win against the Patriots.

Now I’ve learned that because you don’t like Mayfield’s mouth he’s shown himself to be “a self entitled douche” who’s what he was supposed to be. “Starter quality with a limited ceiling”. I guess that “limited ceiling” goes as high as the rookie TD record and the OROY.

Since you’re so good at rating a guy like Mayfield’s showing thus far in his career, why don’t you take a minute to tell us what Darnold “has shown himself to be”?

I’m guessing this should be chock full of feelings and projections, but go ahead, this should be interesting.

BTW imagine the fun you’d be having if it was Mayfield who came down with mono?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Josh Allen sucks because he got hurt before he could finish a game when it looked like he was about to pull off a comeback win against the Patriots.

Now I’ve learned that because you don’t like Mayfield’s mouth he’s shown himself to be “a self entitled douche” who’s what he was supposed to be. “Starter quality with a limited ceiling”. I guess that “limited ceiling” goes as high as the rookie TD record and the OROY.

Since you’re so good at rating a guy like Mayfield’s showing thus far in his career, why don’t you take a minute to tell us what Darnold “has shown himself to be”?

I’m guessing this should be chock full of feelings and projections, but go ahead, this should be interesting.

The cops arrested Mayfield in Fayetteville AR before he could get mono

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Feel free to look up my posts from before you joined JN. How I felt about all of the QBs in the draft is all there for you. I’ll give you a hint: Darnold wasn’t my top choice.

Theres another active thread on the main page where KRL listed his QB rankings. I listed mine, I had Darnold and Baker in the 3rd tier behind elite and FQB - average QBs who have proven they’re not below average, but haven’t proven that they’re above average. 

The only one “choc full of feelings and projections” is the one who finds himself in every single Baker/Darnold thread mistaking Baker’s TD rookie record and OROY for sure-fire stardom while inadvertently dumping on the Jets QB along the way. But the problem with you bringing up Baker’s rookie year ad-nauseam is that it ignores the fact that Baker has also led the league in turnovers since he’s become a starter, and that although the Browns won some games and Baker played his part, he wasn’t the driving force behind the wins that you so badly want him to be because the Browns are legitimately talented even without Baker.

Regardless of how I might feel about Baker’s douchedom, thems the facts.

Finally, I have no idea why you brought up Josh Allen and what other people have said about him in other threads, so I’ll just leave that there.

22 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Feel free to look up my posts from before you joined JN. How I felt about all of the QBs in the draft is all there for you. I’ll give you a hint: Darnold wasn’t my top choice.

Theres another active thread on the main page where KRL listed his QB rankings. I listed mine, I had Darnold and Baker in the 3rd tier behind elite and FQB - average QBs who have proven they’re not below average, but haven’t proven that they’re above average. 

The only one “choc full of feelings and projections” is the one who finds himself in every single Baker/Darnold thread mistaking Baker’s TD rookie record and OROY for sure-fire stardom while inadvertently dumping on the Jets QB along the way. But the problem with you bringing up Baker’s rookie year ad-nauseam is that it ignores the fact that Baker has also led the league in turnovers since he’s become a starter, and that although the Browns won some games and Baker played his part, he wasn’t the driving force behind the wins that you so badly want him to be.

Regardless of how I might feel about Baker’s douchedom, thems the facts.

Finally, I have no idea why you brought up Josh Allen and what other people have said about him in other threads, so I’ll just leave that there.

The reason I keep bringing up Mayfield’s stats last year is because they were terrific. He had a tremendous year.

I’m doing it in the proper place, a thread started for the sole purpose of bashing Mayfield, something you seem to enjoy doing.

Your rating of QBs before the draft is not exactly something that I consider “must see” so I’ll pass on checking it out. Maybe you should check out mine instead, I seem to be a bit better at it.

I was all in on Mayfield before the draft, and said before last season I had wanted the Jets to get him, but since they couldn’t I’d follow him with the Browns. I also was one of If not the first here to question what everyone was seeing in Darnold last year. More and more people are now doing the same, and as they question him more and more, these threads about other QBs pop up by those who fear Darnold might not be all they thought. As if doing that will make them feel better.

Daniel Jones was another QB I said would be good, and I said it early in his senior season, and after he was drafted, which went over like a lead balloon here. So far, all he’s done from July through today is prove me correct.

Finally,Mayfield is and was the driving force behind the Browns wins. He’s been the face of the franchise since day one. He’s been brash, but he’s been their leader. Yeah he’s lost some games, but he’s the one who’s transforming that team from a doormat to a contender.

Sort of like we hoped Darnold would be doing

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The reason I keep bringing up Mayfield’s stats last year is because they were terrific. He had a tremendous year.

I’m doing it in the proper place, a thread started for the sole purpose of bashing Mayfield, something you seem to enjoy doing.

Your rating of QBs before the draft is not exactly something that I consider “must see” so I’ll pass on checking it out. Maybe you should check out mine instead, I seem to be a bit better at it.

I was all in on Mayfield before the draft, and said before last season I had wanted the Jets to get him, but since they couldn’t I’d follow him with the Browns. I also was one of If not the first here to question what everyone was seeing in Darnold last year. More and more people are now doing the same, and as they question him more and more, these threads about other QBs pop up by those who fear Darnold might not be all they thought. As if doing that will make them feel better.

Daniel Jones was another QB I said would be good, and I said it early in his senior season, and after he was drafted, which went over like a lead balloon here. So far, all he’s done from July through today is prove me correct.

So essentially, you just wanna be right about your predraft Mayfield prediction, the way you’ve already been proven right about Daniel Jones’ career after a whole two games.

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Finally,Mayfield is and was the driving force behind the Browns wins. 

Yes, and Sanchez was the reason we went to back to back AFC title games too. Seriously, even Villain is cringing at this. You’ve lost all credibility. 

14 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

So essentially, you just wanna be right about your predraft Mayfield prediction, the way you’ve already been proven right about Daniel Jones’ career after a whole two games.

Yes, and Sanchez was the reason we went to back to back AFC title games too. Seriously, even Villain is cringing at this. You’ve lost all credibility. 

It’s fun to quote out of context, isn’t it?

and it’s then it’s even more fun to draw your conclusions from those “quotes”.

So, while the NFL, aside from the Jets, barely hold my attention, let me know if this is correct:

-Rex Ryan criticized Baker Mayfield last week.

-Baker Mayfield, in a fit of self promotion stated that he doesn't listen to anyone that does not wear orange and brown.

-Yesterday, Rex Ryan wore an orange and Brown suit.

Is this all correct , If so, I actually move Rex Ryan up one iota on my despise-o-meter. Is this all true?

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I wouldnt know, I dont watch the NFL garbage anymore.  I just look at the box scores and Minshew mania is for real!

I think you've mentioned that you live in or around Jax, right?

I also am relatively ambivalent about spending my beautiful autumn Sundays watching the NFL these days, but rooting for and watching Gardner is like rooting for America. It's just good.

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I think you've mentioned that you live in or around Jax, right?

I also am relatively ambivalent about spending my beautiful autumn Sundays watching the NFL these days, but rooting for and watching Gardner is like rooting for America. It's just good.

Yep.  Neptune Beach which is essentially Jax Beach.  Minshew mania is real.  This city is going nuts for the kid.  Rightfully so, he's the best young QB in the league right now not named Mahomes.  I've adopted the Jags until the Jets become a legitimate NFL franchise.  And by adopt that means; I'm rooting for them and act lik I care but havent actually watched a single snap of one of their games and dont plan on it, like ever.  (wait, the Jets play them, so I guess I'll watch one game).