Trent Williams

39 minutes ago, freestater said:

Yeah...I wouldn't be looking for an immediate contribution. Not realistic. Going forward however,  Shell and Beachum need to be replaced.  

Please hire this man as GM.  I’m so tired of other qbs having 8 seconds to find an open receiver and us having 6 nanoseconds to get rid of the ball

45 minutes ago, DLJ said:

At this point he’s probably rusty as hell

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Whoopty t!ts

He’s rusty as hell yet your boy Kaepernick wouldn’t be after a 3 year layoff at the most important position in the sport? lol

Beachum is hurt and Shell is complete sh*t at LT.

I’d gladly give up a 3rd round pick for arguably the best LT in the game when healthy and wait a few weeks for him to be in adequate game shape. Hell, we’ve been doing that for 3 months with Kalil and he isn’t nearly the player nor does he play nearly as important of a position.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, freestater said:

Yeah...I wouldn't be looking for an immediate contribution. Not realistic. Going forward however,  Shell and Beachum need to be replaced.  

Beachum might have been replaced today because they never mentioned his injury. If he's out I'd put Edoga at LT and Shell back at RT.

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

Beachum might have bee replaced today because they never mentioned his injury. If he's out I'd put Edoga at LT and Shell back at RT.

Even before being replaced, he was replaceable. We may be screwed on this idea now that Wash seems to have turned it around too. No more D.C. firesale. 

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Even before being replaced, he was replaceable

Agreed but not with anything on our roster. If he's out I hope we put Edoga there because I think he's a better LT than a RT even though he has the experience playing the RT position.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Agreed but not with anything on our roster. If he's out I hope we put Edoga there because I think he's a better LT than a RT even though he has the experience playing the RT position.

Darnold definitely made up for a lot of faults, but I still saw guys going free past most of the line today. Winters actually held up for most of the game. Still need so many spots filled. I heard a guy say that the jets need a Noah's ark draft...two of everything 

• Upvote 2

Apart from NE our last stretch of games are all winnable. I’m not saying we’re going to win out I’m just saying it’s a really light schedule anyways we could go on a little run but he’ll likely cost too much. Maybe if we move a player and acquire an extra decent pick. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, freestater said:

Darnold definitely made up for a lot of faults, but I still saw guys going free past most of the line today. Winters actually held up for most of the game. Still need so many spots filled. I heard a guy say that the jets need a Noah's ark draft...two of everything 

Did you see  my post in the college game day thread yesterday? I said the exact same thing because this draft is deep in WR's and Olineman. My first 6 picks would be three of each and let the defense make do with what it has. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Gase said ankle and will be evaluated.

Ankles can be a week or a month and a half, so I guess we find out tuesday.  It would have been nice if the announcers even mentioned he wasn't playing.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Whoopty t!ts

He’s rusty as hell yet your boy Kaepernick wouldn’t be after a 3 year layoff at the most important position in the sport? lol

Beachum is hurt and Shell is complete sh*t at LT.

I’d gladly give up a 3rd round pick for arguably the best LT in the game when healthy and wait a few weeks for him to be in adequate game shape. Hell, we’ve been doing that for 3 months with Kalil and he isn’t nearly the player nor does he play nearly as important of a position.

Zero chance they let him walk for a 3rd rounder. 

I don't think Williams will be 'rusty as hell'. Its not like Kalil who retired b/c he was done with football. Williams was ready to play but he is holding out as I understand it. He should be in football shape. He should be still on a regimented work out schedule, etc. And although chemistry is important on the O-line, when you're as good as T.Williams- let's just say I'm not too worried about it. 

The main issue is whether or not JD wants to give up major draft assets for a 31 year old OT who he will need to sign to big money long term. I don't think they can get him for a 3rd round pick. It will have to be at least a 2nd rounder, maybe Leo will be involved or another player on top of that. I don't really know, I just know T.Williams is healthy and still one of the best LTs in the NFL. Are the Jets in a position where they can give up a 2nd rounder for a guy like T.Williams? I'm not sure.     

I can't argue. I have been saying to trade for Trent Williams since the offseason. Once Williams said he'd never play another snap for washington.

Beachum getting hurt only increases the need. Douglas should have done this in the BYE week.