Mosley (6 games)
Darnold (4 games)
Siemean (6 games)
Herndon (7 games)
Enunwa (7 games)
Williamson (7 games)
Osemele (4 games)
Five Assorted Linebackers (7 games)

Those are among the Jets very best players and/or the FA's we were counting on and they have missed the vast majority of the season.  Without those players, we are the 2018 Jets, another 4-12 season.  This isn't on Gase.

And Darnold?  Time to call out the young pup.  He made some very bad throws today.  And Adams?  Worst game he's had as a Jet, 30 yards in critical penalties, busted coverages, blitzes that he couldn't tackle on, just brutal.

SAR I

In addition to Gase , let's fire the whole medical staff .

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alentador31 said:

What troubles me about Gase is that he has now said multiple times in pressers that they have not been executing what they are doing in practice.

You realize that 100% of what NFL coaches say after a loss is complete horsesh:t, correct?  And Gase and his repetitive "execution is the problem", "we had a good week of practice blah blah".  Sound familiar?  They all say the same thing.

Because he can't say "Our offensive line is a joke, Jamal Adams had his worst game as a pro, I've got a 22 year old quarterback making 22 year old mistakes, and there was a reason we fired Mike Maccagnan for gross negligence."

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mosley (6 games)
Darnold (4 games)
Siemean (6 games)
Herndon (7 games)
Enunwa (7 games)
Williamson (7 games)
Osemele (4 games)
Five Assorted Linebackers (7 games)

Those are among the Jets very best players and/or the FA's we were counting on and they have missed the vast majority of the season.  Without those players, we are the 2018 Jets, another 4-12 season.  This isn't on Gase.

And Darnold?  Time to call out the young pup.  He made some very bad throws today.  And Adams?  Worst game he's had as a Jet, 30 yards in critical penalties, busted coverages, blitzes that he couldn't tackle on, just brutal.

SAR I

yes let's blame the young qb that he was brought int specifically to help and who has regressed? How in the world is that not on Gase  his foot work has gotten worse again gase the qb whisperer.....

the defense has had injuries and yet they showed in the games but one. but the offense when the QB was out failed to score or move the ball to historically bad levels that is the coach.

I think it is time to call out the coach and his supporters for why they think he can help this team when his track history and performance shows he can't and has not.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I get the "rah-rah, can do no wrong no matter what" trolling you've been doing the past two years and it's kind of a nice change of pace - probably good for the board...

But it's too obvious, old and absurd at this point.  

It's not trolling.  What's trolling are all the posters who think that a first year head coach inheriting a 4-12 team with a history of brutal drafting should be 6-1 after playing the Patriots twice and having a dozen crucial illnesses/injuries including losing our starting QB and his backup.  It's like you all think Luke Falk could win 3 games.  Are you high?

You know that big list of free agents we thought would be huge difference makers?  Besides Bell, the rest of them have barely played a full game all season.  Sam's faves from last year?  Quincy, done.  Herndon, done.  And since we passed on many of our own quality carryovers from last year to make room for these free agents and big contracts, we have even less depth than last year.

Gase is doing a good job on the field, I don't think Bill Walsh could succeed with this schedule and these injuries with this group.  And in the locker room he doing a great job as the team isn't imploding or quitting. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

42 minutes ago, rammagen said:

yes let's blame the young qb that he was brought int specifically to help and who has regressed? How in the world is that not on Gase  his foot work has gotten worse again gase the qb whisperer.....

You mean the QB learning his second offensive system in two seasons who was stricken with a debilitating disease and missed 4 weeks while trying to maintain his weight and muscle mass?  Sam Darnold 2018 doesn't beat the Dallas Cowboys.  Sam Darnold 2019 did.  Sam Darnold 2018 doesn't win AFC Offensive Player Of The Week.  Sam Darnold 2019 did. 

the defense has had injuries and yet they showed in the games but one. but the offense when the QB was out failed to score or move the ball to historically bad levels that is the coach.

No NFL head coach wins with a taxi squad practice squad third string quarterback with 0 time to prepare. All you Gase Haters pretend it was Sam Darnold back there the whole time, that Sam started all 7 games.  Or maybe Trevor Simean, the backup with a winning NFL record, like he didn't play for 5 minutes in our second game.  Are you high?

I think it is time to call out the coach and his supporters for why they think he can help this team when his track history and performance shows he can't and has not.

His track history is with another 4-12 caliber roster and another injured quarterback.  Look at his record with a healthy quarterback.  We had the Bills beat.  We beat the Cowboys.  We were within 7 points in the 4th quarter yesterday on the road.  What more do you want?  We should be 3-3 right now?  Sam Darnold should be 3-0 since coming back from a month-long illness where he couldn't lift a weight or take a jog for 3 weeks?  You were owed glorious Gase victories over the Patriots......twice?

SAR I

45 minutes ago, freestater said:

Norv Turner. Bring Norv in to settle Sam down and make chicken salad out of our offense. 

No quality NFL head coaching prospect will take this job if we fire Adam Gase under these circumstances.

Because he hasn't done anything to deserve it.  He inherited a 4-12 roster that had 9-7 potential if everyone stayed healthy.  They didn't.  Cry for the bad luck.  Scream at God for doing this to us.  But Gase is blameless.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Tom......really? 
After spending most of the 190 million dollars,  upgrades in the backfield and receiver corps, the Jets look hopelessly lost.

Yes, the Jets are 100% healthy and it is a crying shame that Adam Gase is ruining the seasons of Osemele, Mosley, Enunwa, and Herndon, the players expected to make the biggest impact.  Yes, Bell should be getting 150 yards per week with Osemele opening holes and Enunwa and Herndon drawing the linebackers.

26 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

No it’s the head coaches responsibility to find a way to win with what you have. Or at least put a respectable competitive  product on the field.

Yes, because Adam Gase has had a healthy Sam Darnold for a whopping 3 games and the immortal Luke Falk for 3 others he should be 6-1 right now.  "Win with what you have" doesn't include being down to your third string quarterback.  It took Hall Of Fame Bill Parcells 8 weeks to figure out a way to win with Ray Lucas, man, what a joke he was, should have been fired in 1999 for not finding a way to win.

29 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Bottom line when a team looks this bad it falls on the coach.

Bottom line is we have fans who are pussies and cry too much for momma when things don't go their way.  Cry all offseason about our horrific drafting, expect the roster to be able to shoulder this type of injury/illness with ease.

Grow up.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

15 hours ago, afjetsfan said:

Wait a minute, I thought you had the Jets beating Jacksonville? 

Yes, because the expectation going into Week 5 was that Darnold, Herndon, and Mosley were coming back.  And only one of them did.

We are out of players.  The expensive playmakers like Mosley, Enunwa, Herndon, Osemele have played less than a game.  And we lost Darnold for a month and Simian for the year.  What was supposed to fix our offense are sitting on a couch.  What was supposed to fix the middle of our defense is sitting in a rocking chair.  And you want to blame the head coach.  Brilliant.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You mean the QB learning his second offensive system in two seasons who was stricken with a debilitating disease and missed 4 weeks while trying to maintain his weight and muscle mass?  Sam Darnold 2018 doesn't beat the Dallas Cowboys.  Sam Darnold 2019 did.  Sam Darnold 2018 doesn't win AFC Offensive Player Of The Week.  Sam Darnold 2019 did. 

No NFL head coach wins with a taxi squad practice squad third string quarterback with 0 time to prepare. All you Gase Haters pretend it was Sam Darnold back there the whole time, that Sam started all 7 games.  Or maybe Trevor Simean, the backup with a winning NFL record, like he didn't play for 5 minutes in our second game.  Are you high?

His track history is with another 4-12 caliber roster and another injured quarterback.  Look at his record with a healthy quarterback.  We had the Bills beat.  We beat the Cowboys.  We were within 7 points yesterday on the road.  What more do you want?  We should be 3-3 right now?  Sam Darnold should be 3-0 since coming back from a month-long illness where he couldn't lift a weight or take a jog for 3 weeks?  You were owed glorious Gase victories over the Patriots......twice?

SAR I

Dude I have said it before and I will say it gain it is not only the wins and loses it is how you play and prepare in those games without Sam, remember Luke was his guy he brought him up from Miami you asked for proof on that earlier and I showed that to in another thread...how quickly we forget that Gase said Luke knew the offense better then anyone. So either Gase can't judge talent or game plan your call either is bad.

The game planning was bad historically bad but lets ignore that right...nope you cant. this is the same basic line that was improved upon they brought in a great running back and pieces to improve the oline and they all regressed? in what world do 7 players regress and the coach gets a clean slate? in what world do you keep an employee that has failed to produce for you in any meaningful way for two months? you would go out of business keeping this guy.

I have said it before again Sam has regressed Gase was brought in to help him but that is not Gases fault either...wrong get out of here with this.  Get some new points because all these are old and washed up they have argued to the point of you sticking to them is becoming a joke.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, because the expectation going into Week 5 was that Darnold, Herndon, and Mosley were coming back.  And only one of them did.

We are out of players.  The expensive playmakers like Mosley, Enunwa, Herndon, Osemele have played less than a game.  And we lost Darnold for a month and Simian for the year.  What was supposed to fix our offense are sitting on a couch.  What was supposed to fix the middle of our defense is sitting in a rocking chair.  And you want to blame the head coach.  Brilliant.

SAR I

excuses excuses a good coach schemes and plans for these thing the point is gase has not done that

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, the Jets are 100% healthy and it is a crying shame that Adam Gase is ruining the seasons of Osemele, Mosley, Enunwa, and Herndon, the players expected to make the biggest impact.  Yes, Bell should be getting 150 yards per week with Osemele opening holes and Enunwa and Herndon drawing the linebackers.

Yes, because Adam Gase has had a healthy Sam Darnold for a whopping 3 games and the immortal Luke Falk for 3 others he should be 6-1 right now.  "Win with what you have" doesn't include being down to your third string quarterback.  It took Hall Of Fame Bill Parcells 8 weeks to figure out a way to win with Ray Lucas, man, what a joke he was, should have been fired in 1999 for not finding a way to win.

Bottom line is we have fans who are pussies and cry too much for momma when things don't go their way.  Cry all offseason about our horrific drafting, expect the roster to be able to shoulder this type of injury/illness with ease.

Grow up.

SAR I

It is what it is right now. Time will tell. When are we going on a winning streak?? Next week right. Against the Phins. You might feel better about Gase next week but his record is what it is. LOSING. Who’s fault was it in Miami? Ajai, Landry? Injured QBs.  The other coaches? The Oline. Stop making excuses for this losing bum. I took off my Gase rose colored glasses weeks ago. Most around here never put them on and call it the way they see it. When Gase proves me wrong I will personally say I was wrong. Until then I’ll call it the way I see it.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Grow up.

SAR I

The bottom line is people cant take valid counter points with out throwing insults. This is not getting your way to ask you team to be competitive in football? 

9 minutes ago, rammagen said:

excuses excuses a good coach schemes and plans for these thing the point is gase has not done that

Yes, such an easy thing to say.  Instead of looking at the problem for what it really is, just type up one sentence, call everything logical an 'excuse', and blame the head coach.

Listen, back in August I thought the Jets were capable of 11 wins this season.  So if anyone should be pissed about 1-6 it's me.  And I'm not.  Why?  Because I'm smart, that's why.  Because "next man up" might work for the Yankees but it isn't going to work for the Jets.  Mike Maccagnan was no Brian Cashman.  Comprende?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

It is what it is right now. Time will tell. When are we going on a winning streak?? Next week right. Against the Phins. You might feel better about Gase next week but his record is what it is. LOSING. Who’s fault was it in Miami? Ajai, Landry? Injured QBs.  The other coaches? The Oline. Stop making excuses for this losing bum. I took off my Gase rose colored glasses weeks ago. Most around here never put them on and call it the way they see it. When Gase proves me wrong I will personally say I was wrong. Until then I’ll call it the way I see it.

Dude, even you couldn't drive a car with two wheels.  And I'd bet you would do the right thing and blame the car, not the driver.

I feel bad for Gase.  So should you.  A team with a razor-thin Macaggan roster dependent upon important free agents and re-signings who haven't played a full game yet was not his doing.  It's an act of God.  Gase is easy to blame.  I've seen awful Jets coaches before, I hate Jets head coaches, and even I'm not ready to make the call yet.  The next 6 games are against competition we should defeat.  Let's see how he does.  If we're not 5-1 you have a right to be upset with him.  Until then, shhhh.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, rammagen said:

The bottom line is people cant take valid counter points with out throwing insults. This is not getting your way to ask you team to be competitive in football? 

There is no valid counterpoint to a bunch of Jets fans pretending that Sam Darnold and Trevor Simian were perfectly healthy and played in the Patriots, Eagles, and Browns games.  There is no valid counterpoint to a bunch of Jets fans pretending that Osemele, Herndon, and Enunwa played every down.  There is no valid counterpoint to a bunch of Jets fans pretending that Mosley, Williamson, and 5 other LB's and DL's played every down.

The best Jets players on a razor-thin roster haven't played this season.  That's why we are 1-6.  It's not coaching.  It's God.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

Your schtick is lame and stale.....   

No, yours is.

Playing the SOJF Victim has been going on since 1980.  It's time to stop.  You aren't a victim of bad coaching.  You are a victim of bad conditioning and/or a God that decided to get all of our free agents and big contract re-signs hurt all at the same time.

And I'll bet, like the good SOJF Victim you are, that you predicted the Jets to go 6-10 this year.  Well guess what.  That is the most likely outcome.  And looking at that schedule, I'd bet you had us opening at 2-4.  So what the hell are you complaining about?  What, our losses aren't pretty enough for you?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

You realize that 100% of what NFL coaches say after a loss is complete horsesh:t, correct?  And Gase and his repetitive "execution is the problem", "we had a good week of practice blah blah".  Sound familiar?  They all say the same thing.

Because he can't say "Our offensive line is a joke, Jamal Adams had his worst game as a pro, I've got a 22 year old quarterback making 22 year old mistakes, and there was a reason we fired Mike Maccagnan for gross negligence."

SAR I

Fair point... but my other points I think are still valid. Regardless of skill level, looking lost I think remains on the coach. They aren't just getting beat, they are being embarrassed because they are lost. A lot of plays where players are giving up, o-line not understanding how to slide to the correct protections, technique on a granular level, inability to adjust the game plan on the fly, not using Bell correctly....these are all attributable to the coach in my opinion. 

Trust me, I have been on here saying we shouldn't fire Gase mid-season. However, what I am seeing with my own two eyes, is starting to lead me to believe I am wrong and maybe we will be better off with cutting ties. I understand it doesn't all fall on the Coach - Sam has definitely made his fair share of mistakes, so have other players...but I see a lot of things that I think are correctable with the right coaching. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

Fair point... but my other points I think are still valid. Regardless of skill level, looking lost I think remains on the coach. They aren't just getting beat, they are being embarrassed because they are lost. A lot of plays where players are giving up, o-line not understanding how to slide to the correct protections, technique on a granular level, inability to adjust the game plan on the fly, not using Bell correctly....these are all attributable to the coach in my opinion. 

Trust me, I have been on here saying we shouldn't fire Gase mid-season. However, what I am seeing with my own two eyes, is starting to lead me to believe I am wrong and maybe we will be better off with cutting ties. I understand it doesn't all fall on the Coach - Sam has definitely made his fair share of mistakes, so have other players...but I see a lot of things that I think are correctable with the right coaching. 

Hang in there.  We're about to win 3 in a row and you'll feel better about Gase again.  The guy was thrown a curve no one saw coming.  Let's just hope we can get some of these guys back.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, TNJet said:

The only problem is Gase and Douglas are buddies.

I don't think Doulas will let that get in the way. He has a job to do and anyone NOT coaching at an acceptable level - including Gase - will be let go. Never understood this move. Adam Gase over Mike McCarthy? Even if the Packers front office DID recommend that the Jets not hire McCarthy since when do we let others determine our course?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Saw an interesting stat, Gase led Peyton Manning to the best season in his illustrious career.

I would say Gase went along for the ride. It is laughable to think that Gase could teach Peyton Manning ANYTHING about football.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Hang in there.  We're about to win 3 in a row and you'll feel better about Gase again.  The guy was thrown a curve no one saw coming.  Let's just hope we can get some of these guys back.

SAR I

If we can't win these next three games Gase SHOULD be fired.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I hear ya. I am.....but if we lose to the Dolphins (I live in Miami) I will never hear the end of it and I will have to project and blame it all on Gase. 

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is no valid counterpoint to a bunch of Jets fans pretending that Sam Darnold and Trevor Simian were perfectly healthy and played in the Patriots, Eagles, and Browns games.  There is no valid counterpoint to a bunch of Jets fans pretending that Osemele, Herndon, and Enunwa played every down.  There is no valid counterpoint to a bunch of Jets fans pretending that Mosley, Williamson, and 5 other LB's and DL's played every down.

The best Jets players on a razor-thin roster haven't played this season.  That's why we are 1-6.  It's not coaching.  It's God.

SAR I

there is no valid argument to protect gase's game calling and planning...I can do this all day. you can not protect those play calls and lack of preparation. SomEhow in your mind you are think everyone wanted wins in those games most of us just want a competitive well thought out game. Gase has not deleivered in his one area of specialty in fact Sam has regressed and that is solely on Gase the one reason he was brought in here on and he failed

• Upvote 1