FIRE GASE!!

TNJet

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, such an easy thing to say.  Instead of looking at the problem for what it really is, just type up one sentence, call everything logical an 'excuse', and blame the head coach.

Listen, back in August I thought the Jets were capable of 11 wins this season.  So if anyone should be pissed about 1-6 it's me.  And I'm not.  Why?  Because I'm smart, that's why.  Because "next man up" might work for the Yankees but it isn't going to work for the Jets.  Mike Maccagnan was no Brian Cashman.  Comprende?

SAR I

we have looked at the problem and it appears to be Adam Gase to 90% of the fans except you? All everyone gives is excuses for Gase it is the line it is Sam's poor play in Miami it was the owner even though he had 3 yrs to get the players he wanted.  In the face of former players the media and good percentage of fans wanted him fired for being incompetent this is the best you have? I really question touting yourself as smart when you fail to see what is pretty obvious to a majority of the people. instead you are just being contrary in the face of mounting evidence to argue your point.

I dont call that smart I call that being stubborn.

The fact you thought the Jets were going to win 11 games shows me you drunk the coolaid so to speak, most people pegged this team at 8-7 or 8-8 with the improvements we made instead the entire oline regresses and it is the player never mind the coach taking any responsibility or his supporters assigned that blame correctly. 

Understand....Being Puerto Rican I take the Comprende comment as insult whether intended or not, due that is border line passive aggressive we have known each other online for almost 20 yrs. You are actually just adding fuel to the fire for him to be gone because your arguments actually make worse sense then they did at the beginning.

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

Tom......really? 
After spending most of the 190 million dollars,  upgrades in the backfield and receiver corps, the Jets look hopelessly lost. Jets have a top 5 RB in the NFL that can’t get off. Sam is regressing. Free runners constantly in Sam’s face. When a team is losing the way the Jets are losing the HC has to shoulder the blame. 
The other side of this is that the Jets don’t have the personnel. OK so we need a new Oline, new WRs,  2 new edge rushers, new DBs.......and then we’ll be contenders? 
Well when that happens then you or I could coach and win with that lineup. 
No it’s the head coaches responsibility to find a way to win with what you have. Or at least put a respectable competitive  product on the field.

Gase is out of touch. He’s as bad as Bowles on the sidelines. No interaction with the team the whole game. An isolationist, living in his own failed world. I’d like to see him sitting down with Sam on the sidelines, sitting down with the Oline, with a Notepad in front of them making adjustments during the game. I don’t see any audibles at the LOS. Sam is lost and not getting any help during the games.  Actually looked better last year with the same line and inferior RB and WRs. 
Bottom line when a team looks this bad it falls on the coach.

Great post, Max, but I’m going to give Gase some more time before I decide he needs to be fired. No one was doing anything under these conditions 

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is no valid counterpoint to a bunch of Jets fans pretending that Sam Darnold and Trevor Simian were perfectly healthy and played in the Patriots, Eagles, and Browns games.  There is no valid counterpoint to a bunch of Jets fans pretending that Osemele, Herndon, and Enunwa played every down.  There is no valid counterpoint to a bunch of Jets fans pretending that Mosley, Williamson, and 5 other LB's and DL's played every down.

The best Jets players on a razor-thin roster haven't played this season.  That's why we are 1-6.  It's not coaching.  It's God.

SAR I

again you are speculating as to what people want, people want a competitive team one that is well coached and tries, has this team or Gase delivered? nope they have not we even said injuries happen , I had us coming out of the first 8 at 3-5 1-7 is a joke because in 6 of those games we looked bad how bad historically bad on offense, so dont tell me or begin to expect what I think about wanting to win.  Poor play calling and game prep is coaching not some higher power

• Upvote 1

By all accounts, Adam Gase sucks.  The fact the team improved it's talent but looks worse than they did with Bryce Petty throwing to Kearse and Anderson with Wesley Johnson under center and Powell toting the rock is not encouraging.  That said, the reality is;

The Patriots, Eagles, Browns, Jags, Bills and Cowboys for that matter are infinitely better than the NY Jets.  Like, light years.  Go look at the talent level compared to the Jets.  It's night and day.   It's a knife to gun fight scenario.  The Jets maybe have 1-2 players who would start on any of the teams.  

Not being competitive is inexcusable but truth be told, Adam Gase could have coached the best games of his lives and came away with losses.  The discouraging part is watching Sam Darnold unravel into a bust.  That's the shame of this season.  It's not the W/L record.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kyle Shanahan was 4-12 last year. Should the 49ers have fired him? 

how did his teams perform again Tom you qoute items without context which is needed I have said this to you before when your tried to use BB in Ceveland as an example and I will use it here

only in 2 games against Raiders they lost by more then 20 points 34 to 3, Rams 30 -10. So I would say with injuries they had he still had that team prepared, and that is what almost everyone is saying yes the losing is bad, but it is how you loose are you prepared are acting trying to win are you helping your players be prepared.

Lets look at Gase just here when Sam went out Trevor got hurt he looked like he quite he through a Qb he brought with him from Miami who he touted as knowing the offense best someone he has worked with for over a yr  and did not figure out how to get him comfortable and call plays to his strength. after 8 games this yr he cant figure out how to get the line to block...the excuse here the line regressed, I can buy one or two players regressing but the entire line? that is coaching, planning and scheme. So we are supposed to wait to get the players he needs rather then have him adjust to what he has? A good coach adjusts till he hits on something that works and keeps with that. Gase has not

Is it up to 10 people to change or one person to adapt to what they have?

edit I missed the seahawks  game they lost by more then 20 so 3 games were they lost by more then 20 compared to the Jets this season we already matched that and may surpass that. crap if the special teams and defense did not play great against new england we would have already in the 30-14 lost earlier this yr

First, I have to say, I was NOT a fan of hiring him and didn't like the hire...

That being said, you don't become a winning team by changing your coach every year. Look at Cleveland - way more talent that our team and they are sucking 'again'.

Secondly, you have three choices: hire a first time HC (been there done that); drag a HC out of retirement (it is not like the raiders are lighting things up - too early to tell); or hire a retread; regardless of which plan we go with, you have to give them more than a year. Even the great BB who sucked in Cleveland didn't light up the league his first year at his second team.

Considering this trend and the fact that the team is weak and extremely thin in talent and has been pretty unlucky with injuries - giving up on Gase seems premature; also, firing him in mid-season to get 3 more wins is counter productive towards rebuilding the team as far as the draft is concerned.

I have zero problem getting rid of Gase on Black Monday if that is what Douglas suggests, but this would be the 3-rd Offense in Sam's third year; not a reason not to pull the trigger, but it is a reason that we should have been better at picking Gase and his successor.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bostonmajet said:

First, I have to say, I was NOT a fan of hiring him and didn't like the hire...

That being said, you don't become a winning team by changing your coach every year. Look at Cleveland - way more talent that our team and they are sucking 'again'.

Secondly, you have three choices: hire a first time HC (been there done that); drag a HC out of retirement (it is not like the raiders are lighting things up - too early to tell); or hire a retread; regardless of which plan we go with, you have to give them more than a year. Even the great BB who sucked in Cleveland didn't light up the league his first year at his second team.

Considering this trend and the fact that the team is weak and extremely thin in talent and has been pretty unlucky with injuries - giving up on Gase seems premature; also, firing him in mid-season to get 3 more wins is counter productive towards rebuilding the team as far as the draft is concerned.

I have zero problem getting rid of Gase on Black Monday if that is what Douglas suggests, but this would be the 3-rd Offense in Sam's third year; not a reason not to pull the trigger, but it is a reason that we should have been better at picking Gase and his successor.

Douglas is Gase’s boy they both need to be fired

Hire McCarthy in the offseason as HC and Scott McCloughan the guy who drafted Scherff as the new GM

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is.  The guy is unreadable.  It is ignore time.

I respect SAR I's opinion.  He's digging in on his point of view...as he should.  I am in complete disagreement but so be it.

He's not alone in supporting Gase, others on here are as well.  

My only counter argument to the ones he's making is to look at Gase's track record and try to use history as a guide for the future.  Gase is a bad HC.  

2 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Tom......really? 
After spending most of the 190 million dollars,  upgrades in the backfield and receiver corps, the Jets look hopelessly lost. Jets have a top 5 RB in the NFL that can’t get off. Sam is regressing. Free runners constantly in Sam’s face. When a team is losing the way the Jets are losing the HC has to shoulder the blame. 
The other side of this is that the Jets don’t have the personnel. OK so we need a new Oline, new WRs,  2 new edge rushers, new DBs.......and then we’ll be contenders? 
Well when that happens then you or I could coach and win with that lineup. 
No it’s the head coaches responsibility to find a way to win with what you have. Or at least put a respectable competitive  product on the field.

Gase is out of touch. He’s as bad as Bowles on the sidelines. No interaction with the team the whole game. An isolationist, living in his own failed world. I’d like to see him sitting down with Sam on the sidelines, sitting down with the Oline, with a Notepad in front of them making adjustments during the game. I don’t see any audibles at the LOS. Sam is lost and not getting any help during the games.  Actually looked better last year with the same line and inferior RB and WRs. 
Bottom line when a team looks this bad it falls on the coach.

I can't really argue with any of that. And like I said with Bowles in the past, I don't care if he gets fired. But giving a guy 1 year, scratch that, 7 games is probably not a great idea. 

The reality is that he was faced with a pretty horrible start thanks to playing Darnold with mono, losing Darnold for 3 games, losing his backup after a few plays and playing a scrub for 3 weeks. Not to mention losing Williamson (his fault), Mosley, Herndon and having no offensive line. 

It's true that all teams have to deal with injuries, but I think he has had to face much worse than most. 

With all that said, I have been  less than impressed. The Oline is bad, sure, so gameplan around it. Be creative. Call quick pass plays when you see your QB getting crushed.

The sign of a good coach is a coach that can withstand all of this and find ways to win. He isn't and he knows it. We have some easier games coming up. I want to see how this team plays against some softer teams before I starting chipping in for Fire Gase billboards. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

I respect SAR I's opinion.  He's digging in on his point of view...as he should.  I am in complete disagreement but so be it.

He's not alone in supporting Gase, others on here are as well.  

My only counter argument to the ones he's making is to look at Gase's track record and try to use history as a guide for the future.  Gase is a bad HC.  

It is this same in the box “we just don’t know yet” garbage nonsense thinking we heard about why we couldn’t fire Bowles for 3 years

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I can't really argue with any of that. And like I said with Bowles in the past, I don't care if he gets fired. But giving a guy 1 year, scratch that, 7 games is probably not a great idea. 

The reality is that he was faced with a pretty horrible start thanks to playing Darnold with mono, losing Darnold for 3 games, losing his backup after a few plays and playing a scrub for 3 weeks. Not to mention losing Williamson (his fault), Mosley, Herndon and having no offensive line. 

It's true that all teams have to deal with injuries, but I think he has had to face much worse than most. 

With all that said, I have been  less than impressed. The Oline is bad, sure, so gameplan around it. Be creative. Call quick pass plays when you see your QB getting crushed.

The sign of a good coach is a coach that can withstand all of this and find ways to win. He isn't and he knows it. We have some easier games coming up. I want to see how this team plays against some softer teams before I starting chipping in for Fire Gase billboards. 

Ugh FML

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase is doing a good job on the field,

SAR I

This is the most absurd thing you've said, sitting on top of a mountain absurd things. To be a good troll, you can't lay it on this thick and must always remain on the razor thin believability scale to be taken remotely seriously. You've crossed way over the line.  Time to recalibrate.  Thanks.  

• Upvote 4

I am not seeing improvement.  Dallas was the game we should have built off of.  A momentum booster if you will.  Gase is a bad HC because he can't recognize our weaknesses and adjust in game to opposing teams strengths.  We are going to lose next Sunday to the Dolphins and there will be still some here who want to believe he can turn it around.  That same belief and apologizing kept Bowles and MacCagnan here 2 years too long.  

That being said, nothing will change except for the margin of points that we lose by. It will get worse.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

So, you are going to fire Douglas without a single off season because he is Gase's boy?

And what has Douglas shown you so far besides costing us a win by signing the worst kicker ever and signing a Center who was retired and done?

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

Gase can coach veteran teams, but not this one.

So the question is can we become a talented team while Gase is here?  Or do we blow it up and start over at head coach too?  Who's out there?

Gase will be here stinking it up through at least 2022 so yes

4 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Gase can coach veteran teams, but not this one.

So the question is can we become a talented team while Gase is here?  Or do we blow it up and start over at head coach too?  Who's out there?

There is not one shred of evidence he can coach veteran teams.

He was not even the oc for Denver.

He had a fail year of oc in chicago

He had three fail years in miami.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Good post. I’m not expecting to beat the Pats, or the Eagles but I would have liked to have the Jets looked prepared and at the very least somewhat competitive against the opponents. I’m watching football every Sunday, Monday and Thursday, seeing teams play without their starting QBs and many injured players, which is very normal in the NFL and not looking like the sh*t show the Jets are every week minus the Cowboy game. I just would like Gase to show me some innovation, adaptability, flexibility in his “system”. Seems like He’s in his own world on sidelines. Kinda Bowlesque if u ask me.

35 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And what has Douglas shown you so far besides costing us a win by signing the worst kicker ever and signing a Center who was retired and done?

It is true he hasn't drafted a single viable player.... :sarc:

By the time he was hired, there wasn't a ton he could do. Rolled the dice on some guys in attempt to fix some issue late in the game, but these rarely work out - let's see how he handles the trade deadline before we write him off...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

All things being fair....I cant blame douglas on the either honestly if you want to blame someone blame Gase again for the kicker and for not playing Kalil sooner instead he sat him for 3 preseason games then played him.

Gase had the kickers in camp and should have said something sooner, they did bring in bartolet for the eagles preseason game and when he sucked they went out and got the best kicker available. If gase had acted sooner in camp they may have gotten some competition in there before the other kicker quit football. That left them in a big hole scrambling.

4 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Secondly, you have three choices: hire a first time HC (been there done that); drag a HC out of retirement (it is not like the raiders are lighting things up - too early to tell); or hire a retread; regardless of which plan we go with, you have to give them more than a year 

there are levels of first time HCs

Kliff Kingsbury is a first time HC and his team doesn't look like hot garbage all the time 

they lose games sure but they compete 

the young QB makes mistakes but he also makes plays and they appear to at least have some hope

Matt Rhule would be a good NFL HC 

There are guys out there. Gase is so bad he's actively ruining Sam Darnold. 

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If you guys want Gase fired.  losing this Sunday is paramount.  Puppet joe isnt firing him but a loss to the Fins might be embarrassing enough for the Johnsons to step in and can him.

the real owner is in the UK and the last football game Woodrow saw had the word "Manchester" in it 

there are levels of first time HCs
Kliff Kingsbury is a first time HC and his team doesn't look like hot garbage all the time 
they lose games sure but they compete 
the young QB makes mistakes but he also makes plays and they appear to at least have some hope
Matt Rhule would be a good NFL HC 
There are guys out there. Gase is so bad he's actively ruining Sam Darnold. 

Who knows if Ruhle would even answer, if the Jets called again....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk