Andy Reid putting on a clinic on SNF

Just now, carlito1171 said:

Although Andy is a known playoff choker...that’s what an offensive genius looks like....not the knockoff Canal st handbag we have in Adam Gase 

Kyle Shannahan is another genius OC.. Matt Ryan hasn’t looked the same without him and what he did with Nick Mullens was incredible 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Kyle Shannahan is another genius OC.. Matt Ryan hasn’t looked the same without him and what he did with Nick Mullens was incredible 

That's all 100% true, but I just can't reconcile that with the guy that lost a Super Bowl on play calls. 95/100 high school coaches win that game.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Kyle Shannahan also cost his team a SB. But then again Quinn should have stepped in and dictated that the second half was about shortening the game and adding FGs. Offensive geniuses typically need a smart HC to save them from themselves cause they are always too smart for their own good.  e.g. mike martz

Nah, Matt Moore making him look good, Alex Smith, Pat Mahomes, Matt Moore, all genius QBs, Reid just along for the ride
Donovan McNabb, Jeff Garcia...

But seriously, his genius does shine when hes got a backup QB in there and he gets the guy in a rhythm, gets him confident, and the ball keeps moving.
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Although Andy is a known playoff choker...that’s what a real offensive genius looks like....not the knockoff Canal st handbag we have in Adam Gase 

Boy, if Adam Gase had a nickel for every time somebody called him a knockoff Canal Street handbag....whoa nelly.

( He’d have exactly one nickel. )

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Firing Rex and hiring Andy after the 2012 season, another missed opportunity 

Disagree. It is s fallacy yo think an offensive minded HC gives you a better chance to win a SB in the NFL today. After Martz won in 2000, how many O minded head coaches have won a SB? . . . 3! Only 3 in 18 seasons. Sean payton, mike mcCarthy, and Doug Pederson. Two of them needed sure fire HOF QBs to accomplish the feat.

Let the O geniuses be coordinators. The kind of thinking that makes you a really good OC prevents you from winning big games.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kansas City's defensive tackles are all over the field making plays and our two BESTPLAYERINTHEDRAFT DT's are absolutely nowhere to be found. It's really incredible. 

Also the packers go out and get the two smiths on the outside this past off season and they are wrecking havok on game by game basis.

McCagna does everything in his power to over pay  for anthony barr who is not a great pass rusher.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Kansas City's defensive tackles are all over the field making plays and our two BESTPLAYERINTHEDRAFT DT's are absolutely nowhere to be found. It's really incredible. 

The Chiefs D is pedestrian at best...  they have given up more yards overall than we have including almost double the rushing yards.  I know you get your rocks off trashing your favorite team but stop with this nonsense.

Yeah the Chiefs D is why they're good.

Aaron Rodgers Eye Roll GIF by State Farm

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

The Chiefs D is pedestrian at best...  they have given up more yards overall than we have including almost double the rushing yards.  I know you get your rocks off trashing your favorite team but stop with this nonsense.

CHIEFS: [5-2, 1st in the league in yards per play, adjusted net yards/attempt, and passing offense DVOA; 4th in points per game]

SMART JETS FAN [chuckles indulgently]: how many rushing yards have they given up

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

CHIEFS: [5-2, 1st in the league in yards per play, adjusted net yards/attempt, and passing offense DVOA; 4th in points per game]

SMART JETS FAN [chuckles indulgently]: how many rushing yards have they given up

* 5-3

and you're unwittingly agreeing with me.

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yeah, so, the Jets have a sixth overall and a third overall pick on the DL and they suck. Mike Maccagnan will never work again. Idzik was out of a job for two weeks. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, so, the Jets have a sixth overall and a third overall pick on the DL and they suck. Mike Maccagnan will never work again. Idzik was out of a job for two weeks. 

Coughlin shoved Idzik in a broom closet and no one, including his immediate family, has heard from him in 5 years.  If you want to hang your hat on that so be it.

Not particularly concerned where Macc winds up but I'll bet it will be in a more prominent role than your hero.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

I love that there's a place I can come to online at 11pm on a Sunday and watch two morons argue so passionately about whether moron Idzik was better than moron Mac.

In a thread about Andy Reid.

Meh...  beats watching some a-hole beat his chest about a dead terrorist.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Coughlin shoved Idzik in a broom closet and no one, including his immediate family, has heard from him in 5 years.  If you want to hang your hat on that so be it.

Not particularly concerned where Macc winds up but I'll bet it will be in a more prominent role than your hero.

John Idzik is the intellectual lifeblood of the Jaguars resurgence. Mike Maccagnan will be hosting a podcast from a basement in Texas that gets four subscriptions 

• Upvote 1