2020 NY Jets Season Tickets

JetsFanatic

i think the Jets realize the ticket prices for many sections are just too high.   they haven't raised prices in a while for the most part.

i think our tickets are about 10% overpriced.  

i do think that if next year is another disappointing year there is going to be a mass exodus from shareholders.

11 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Just received an email from the Jets, they agian are NOT raising ticket prices for next season.  

I think I speak for all ST holders when I say "Thank You Mr. Johnson!"

Is this true? I Know it is true but I didn't see the email, weird.

• Upvote 1

I didn’t get anything from the Jets but I figured they wouldn’t go up in price.  

I really want some perks that are useful. Skip the Jets cash.  I want lines for season ticketholders to get into the stadium.  I want to be able to get into the parking lot ahead of time as well.  If they cannot open the lots more than 5 hours before kickoff then allow season ticketholders to enter five hours before kickoff and everyone else four hours.  I’d even pay a small price increase for those perks.  

• Sympathy 1

From what @SAR I @Maxman and a few others have said, the Jets have been very good about ticket pricing after the PSLs were introduced.

If you were okay paying for those, you really should have no major complaints. They seem to care about the STHs. We put down the Johnson family a lot around here, but whatever you think about how they run the on field product, historically it’s hard to argue they’re bad with the fans.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I thought we were at 90% plus capacity. Am I wrong about that?

Definitely wrong, there is no way they are at 90%. They might get there by doing the "group sales" and dumping tickets on the secondary market. But there are a lot of seats unsold at the beginning of the year.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Definitely wrong, there is no way they are at 90%. They might get there by doing the "group sales" and dumping tickets on the secondary market. But there are a lot of seats unsold at the beginning of the year.

This is correct in our section we have many un sold seats. Usually one seaters. A few rows up high have multiple tho 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Wow, I’m surprised I really am. You would definitely know better then me.

i could’ve sworn I saw something about us being very high in total attendance, i think @bitonti talked about it. I guess I was wrong.

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This is correct in our section we have many un sold seats. Usually one seaters. A few rows up high have multiple tho 

I guess it would be hard for them to raise prices then.

i have to admit, I’m really surprised. What % of the tix would you say are sold to STHs?

36 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

i could’ve sworn I saw something about us being very high in total attendance, i think @bitonti talked about it. I guess I was wrong.

So maybe I answered your question wrong. I was referring to the base of season ticket holders. That is nowhere near 90%.

What they do is they have a team of ticket reps. They sell the unsold inventory to group outings. Except a group can be as small as 10 people. They are working hard getting rid of tickets, not sure the exact unsold amount but it is in the thousands for sure. 

I bought 100 to the opener this year and we weren't in the priority batch, meaning we didn't pick with the first group. When we picked we were still able to get entire rows together. Half of the seats were actually next to each other in two rows.

53 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

From what @SAR I @Maxman and a few others have said, the Jets have been very good about ticket pricing after the PSLs were introduced.

If you were okay paying for those, you really should have no major complaints. They seem to care about the STHs. We put down the Johnson family a lot around here, but whatever you think about how they run the on field product, historically it’s hard to argue they’re bad with the fans.

Nicely stated.

Leaving the very expensive Club seats out of it, the Jets last raised ticket prices in 2008 and that was in Giants Stadium.  My Mezzanine seats were $125 from '08 to '17 and went down to $120 from '18 to '20. 

When I signed up for my moderately priced $4,000 per seat PSL's I fully believed the Jets were going to do what they did in the Giants Stadium era-  raise gameday ticket prices $50 or more as the years went by.  If you take that $175 I thought I was going to pay and add it up for the 10 years we've been in MetLife, that's $5,000 in ticket price increases I didn't have to pay.  So essentially the PSL was a wash.  The Jets asked fans to subsidize gameday ticket price increases in Year 1 and now every year that goes by is gravy.

It's funny.  My seats in Giants Stadium went from $75 in 2001 to $125 in 2008.  That's a 67% increase.  And no one said a word.  No one complained.  Here in MetLife Stadium, prices have gone down as the years went by, and the price freeze mitigated the PSL's entirely, and yet there are still some people who claim the fans were ripped off.  It's worked out quite well.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The damage is already done. 

It's not.

27,500 fans in the Upper Deck have no PSL, they can walk away from season ticket subscriptions any time they like without penalty.  Take a few years off and re-join when they can.

40,000 non-club PSL fans are tied to the team, but the Jets never prosecuted anyone who ran out on their contract, they froze and then lowered ticket prices compared to 2008, and treat us very nicely with perks and very good customer service.

Jets games are still the best value in NYC sports, by the way.  A decent ticket to a Rangers game is $250.  A decent ticket to a Yankee game is $200.  Those sports have 41 and 81 home games respectively.  As you know, there are only 8 home games in the NFL and those games each are far more important as a result.

The Jets did okay by their fans.  No one in my section bolted on their PSL's.  No one complains about ticket prices either.  We, like everyone else, of course want a winner.  And that's coming.  Next year, in fact.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I didn’t get anything from the Jets but I figured they wouldn’t go up in price. 

I really want some perks that are useful. Skip the Jets cash.  I want lines for season ticketholders to get into the stadium.  I want to be able to get into the parking lot ahead of time as well.  If they cannot open the lots more than 5 hours before kickoff then allow season ticketholders to enter five hours before kickoff and everyone else four hours.  I’d even pay a small price increase for those perks.  

Agree completely.

I'd be in heaven if they simply enforce the use of the pedestrian overpass by the Verizon gate and keep fans from crossing 120 at the end of games.  To me, the gift of getting out of Lot E in half the time is far more important than free chicken tenders and a scarf.

SAR I

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Lol how could they possibly RAISE ticket prices.  Half the stadium is either empty or full of opposing fans.  We may have the worst "home field advantage" of any team in the NFL.

Nonsense.  The Jets lead the AFC in attendance, are consistently #2 in the entire NFL, and people always forget-  our stadium is huge.

Yes, we have tourist fans tying a Vikings game to a fun Fall weekend in Manhattan, that's a fact.  But there are also more Jets fans in MetLife Stadium than there are Patriots fans in Gillette or Seahawks fans in CenturyLink.  Those stadiums are tiny and they have their share of opposing fans too.  MetLife was built to accommodate Manhattan tourism.  The amount of core Jets fans is larger than those found in smaller venues.

Math.  It's what's for dinner.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nonsense.  The Jets lead the AFC in attendance, are consistently #2 in the entire NFL, and people always forget-  our stadium is huge.

Yes, we have tourist fans tying a Vikings game to a fun Fall weekend in Manhattan, that's a fact.  But there are also more Jets fans in MetLife Stadium than there are Patriots fans in Gillette or Seahawks fans in CenturyLink.  Those stadiums are tiny and they have their share of opposing fans too. 

Math.  It's what's for dinner.

SAR I

snl yes GIF

1837056627_ScreenShot2019-12-10at10_37_29PM.thumb.png.ae528c98f3c1bc607f3c0818d6924016.png

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

attend.jpg

No, you're not wrong.  The Jets, per usual, are #2 in the NFL in attendance even in a crappy season like this one.  Note the size difference between MetLife other stadiums.

More Jets fans are in MetLife than Patriots fans are in Gillette.  Doesn't matter what percent of the fans are opposing; what matters is how many Jets fans we can hold, buy tickets, and show up in our huge venue.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nicely stated.

Leaving the very expensive Club seats out of it, the Jets last raised ticket prices in 2008 and that was in Giants Stadium.  My Mezzanine seats were $125 from '08 to '17 and went down to $120 from '18 to '20. 

When I signed up for my moderately priced $4,000 per seat PSL's I fully believed the Jets were going to do what they did in the Giants Stadium era-  raise gameday ticket prices $50 or more as the years went by.  If you take that $175 I thought I was going to pay and add it up for the 10 years we've been in MetLife, that's $5,000 in ticket price increases I didn't have to pay.  So essentially the PSL was a wash.  The Jets asked fans to subsidize gameday ticket price increases in Year 1 and now every year that goes by is gravy.

It's funny.  My seats in Giants Stadium went from $75 in 2001 to $125 in 2008.  That's a 67% increase.  And no one said a word.  No one complained.  Here in MetLife Stadium, prices have gone down as the years went by, and the price freeze mitigated the PSL's entirely, and yet there are still some people who claim the fans were ripped off.  It's worked out quite well.

SAR I

I was in the exact position you were in the 2000s at Giants Stadium. I had 4 seats and they kept going up. I planned on buying a second home down south in ‘10, so I dropped the seats when I heard rumors of the PSLs  the year before they enacted them. 

Im only on  Long Island between Thanksgiving and Christmas during the football season, so they just didn’t make sense for me.

I know the resale value has gone down, but I would’ve never regretted buying if I were still up here all year. I wouldn’t have been looking to sell. I’m  fortunate in that money wasn’t an  issue, and I always enjoyed going. I just knew I wouldn’t be able to go to more then two games a year.

I know you enjoy your seats, and you definitely made the right move. I’m happy for you.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I was in the exact position you were in the 2000s at Giants Stadium. I had 4 seats and they kept going up. I planned on buying a second home down south in ‘10, so I dropped the seats when I heard rumors of the PSLs  the year before they enacted them. 

Im only on  Long Island between Thanksgiving and Christmas during the football season, so they just didn’t make sense for me.

I know the resale value has gone down, but I would’ve never regretted buying if I were still up here all year. I wouldn’t have been looking to sell. I’m  fortunate in that money wasn’t an  issue, and I always enjoyed going. I just knew I wouldn’t be able to go to more then two games a year.

I know you enjoy your seats, and you definitely made the right move. I’m happy for you.

Thank you.  I believe that's the first nice thing that any non-season ticket holder has ever said to a season ticket holder on Jets discussion forums since their inception in 1996.  I'm printing this out, mounting it to a diploma board, and hanging it in my library.

Best regards,

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

So maybe I answered your question wrong. I was referring to the base of season ticket holders. That is nowhere near 90%.

What they do is they have a team of ticket reps. They sell the unsold inventory to group outings. Except a group can be as small as 10 people. They are working hard getting rid of tickets, not sure the exact unsold amount but it is in the thousands for sure. 

I bought 100 to the opener this year and we weren't in the priority batch, meaning we didn't pick with the first group. When we picked we were still able to get entire rows together. Half of the seats were actually next to each other in two rows.

Back in 2009 I knew someone working for the Jets ticket office for a brief time.  I was told the stadium was half sold at the time.  They sell 1,000 tickets alone to the Dolfans NYC group for their takeover every season.  

I burp and fart in the upper deck.  The first 5-8 seats in the first few rows are STHers and then it’s whoever buys them online.  Second row upper deck isn’t even fully sold out and I’m talking $50 seats.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Agree completely.

I'd be in heaven if they simply enforce the use of the pedestrian overpass by the Verizon gate and keep fans from crossing 120 at the end of games.  To me, the gift of getting out of Lot E in half the time is far more important than free chicken tenders and a scarf.

SAR I

Nonsense. That’s a bib not a scarf. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Every year for 40 years when I get this letter, one thing stands out. When are they gonna realize that "stopping at nothing to enhance your game day experience" should only mean one thing......winning damn games?

I thought the same thing.  I'd sit on a milk crate to watch a winner.

• Haha 1