Super Bowl Saturday??

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

Once they add another game to the schedule, I predict there will be 2 bye weeks per team. Hence you’d have the super bowl on the Sunday before Presidents Day.

Hence, everyone is happy.

Wont that coincide (not that I care) with the opening of Nascar season. 

• Haha 1

Just now, New York Mick said:

What’s considered primetime? Sunday after 9pm can’t be. 

If I’m not mistaken Thursday and Sunday nights are the best. 

when are most people home and ready to watch tv?

friday and Saturday nights are not a good ratings slot 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

If I’m not mistaken Thursday and Sunday nights are the best. 

when are most people home and ready to watch tv?

friday and Saturday nights are not a good ratings slot 

That’s at home TV. I’m talking about people going out to watch a big sporting event as well. The combination of both should be better on Saturday night. At least I’d think it would be. 

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

What’s considered primetime? Sunday after 9pm can’t be. 

all I know is Sunday prime time ratings for anything are hella better then any Saturday prime time ratings currently.  That being said the NFL is a separate animal itself, and could be the anomaly.

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

all I know is Sunday prime time ratings for anything are hella better then any Saturday prime time ratings currently.  That being said the NFL is a separate animal itself, and could be the anomaly.

Yes when you’re talking about regular tv. What about big boxing matches, ufc etc. 

53 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Yes when you’re talking about regular tv. What about big boxing matches, ufc etc. 

You can’t compare the viewing audiences of a UFC or boxing match to the Super Bowl.  They attract a tiny fraction of the viewers that the Super Bowl does. Sunday night is always the holy grail of TV ratings, that’s why a lot of series like The Sopranos, Game of Thrones also  The Oscars, etc, were run on Sunday night.  

it would be foolish for the NFL to move the Super Bowl to Saturday night.  

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

You can’t compare the viewing audiences of a UFC or boxing match to the Super Bowl.  They attract a tiny fraction of the viewers that the Super Bowl does. Sunday night is always the holy grail of TV ratings, that’s why a lot of series like The Sopranos, Game of Thrones also  The Oscars, etc, were run on Sunday night.  

it would be foolish for the NFL to move the Super Bowl to Saturday night.  

Sporting events are different than sitting at home and watching the Sopranos or Game of Thrones. People like to go out to events

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Sporting events are different than sitting at home and watching the Sopranos or Game of Thrones. People like to go out to events

Except the vast majority of people watch the Super Bowl at a household.  Saturday night is the worst TV viewing night of the week.  There is zero chance they move the Super Bowl to Saturday night.  It will never happen, nor should it.  

• Upvote 1

Every year like clockwork this idea gets pitched about 1-2 weeks before the Super Bowl simply because people want to tie on a good one and expect to be hungover the next day. lol

While I certainly wouldn't mind a recovery day after the Super Bowl I like the tradition of the Super Bowl being played on a Sunday.  It also gives the NFL that one extra day of hype, attention and (most importantly to them) revenue.

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Either move it to Saturday or make Super Bowl Monday a national holiday.

We can't make everything a holiday, man. lol

Well...except for Taco Tuesdays.  That sh!t should have been a national holiday years ago!  Like, every Tuesday.  #GetOffYourAssCongress

37 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We can't make everything a holiday, man. lol

Well...except for Taco Tuesdays.  That sh!t should have been a national holiday years ago!  Like, every Tuesday.  #GetOffYourAssCongress

I'm not asking for everything, just Superbowl Monday. Cancel Columbus day or some sh*t, IDK.

I do however, fully support Taco Tuesdays.

• Haha 1

Super Bowl Monday is the least productive day of the year in America. I don't think moving to Saturday's would effect anything with television. The Super Bowl is it's own thing. However, it winds up being a day less for everyone and everything involved. A day less for Hotels, a day less for merchandising and vendors, a day less for planning. Add it all up, it will never happen. But I and many would welcome it.

4 minutes ago, rldev said:

Super Bowl Monday is the least productive day of the year in America. I don't think moving to Saturday's would effect anything with television. The Super Bowl is it's own thing. However, it winds up being a day less for everyone and everything involved. A day less for Hotels, a day less for merchandising and vendors, a day less for planning. Add it all up, it will never happen. But I and many would welcome it.

All bout the dollar bill. 

rich damon wayans GIF