Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mafia - Game Thread

Just now, ID. said:

Sorry if I missed this, but if the player that’s replaced has a special role, that new player inherits the role?

100% all roles are put together to level the plainfield so Power Roles (pr), regular vanilla town ( no role VT) & scum (mafia) balance the game.

So a sub takes the role

• Upvote 2

Day 1 Vote Count

• Verbal (7) - Smash, JC, ID., BUM-KNEE, kdels62, Brick, Beaver
  • CTM (6) - Crusher, JustEndTheSuffering, Drums, JiF, jvill 51, GATA
  • Crusher (2) - Stark, CTM
  • Jetscode1 (2) - Verbal, Spoot

Not Voting (3) - SR24, pdxgreen, 32EBoozer

With 20 players alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch.  

DAY 1 DEADLINE TO ACHIEVE A LYNCH:  Friday, 3 PM EST

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

I was a Hartford Whalers fan until the team moved, but I refuse to root for the Hurricanes so I decided to root for the Atlanta Thrashers instead (division rival).  When the Thrashers moved to become the "new" Jets, I also moved to root for them.

So you see, I'm a Jets fan as well.  

*mic drop*

As a fellow hockey player and Islander fan, I may need to unvote you.  Sad day when the Whalers moved, but the economics plus Bettman’s push for non-traditional markets, sealed their fate.

Only thing I can do, is play you a song...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, GATA said:

100% all roles are put together to level the plainfield so Power Roles (pr), regular vanilla town ( no role VT) & scum (mafia) balance the game.

So a sub takes the role

Thank you and everyone else for being patient with us noobs!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, ID. said:

Thank you and everyone else for being patient with us noobs!

It's just like football, we need a strong rookie class ever year to continue to thrive. Many vets have retired, i think of the original JetsInsider crew only Crusher and I play with any regularity. Smash, Pac and Jif are intermittent

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

It's just like football, we need a strong rookie class ever year to continue to thrive. Many vets have retired, i think of the original JetsInsider crew only Crusher and I play with any regularity. Smash, Pac and Jif are intermittent

Did VerBal start at JI. Or just Doggin 

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

This seems important, but more importantly...

You’re not a Bruins fan.

Vote CTM He seemed eager for somebody to get killed and volunteered himself if not you yesterday, so I’ll honor his wishes.

lol

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

I feel like I'm being bullied with a deadline.   Sorry Verbal, blame 80.

Unvote

Vote Verbal

Yeah, this isn't the play.  First, you're not being pushed in any particular direction, with the exception of me revealing I'm a town power role (PR) and therefore if you're a townie, your first instinct on D1 is to NOT lynch a powered fellow townie.  So moving your vote to me would be considering super scummy (aka people thinking you could be mafia), but as a new player you simply might not know.....hence I'm not informing you.

1 hour ago, GATA said:

OK 

Idk why reveal you're a PR so early on you'll just get targeted 

To me if true this is not a good move by you.

w.e if you're not we'll catch your lie 

UNVOTE

As somebody who isn't that new, I'm surprised you'd question this.  I was at L-2 (2 away from lynch for those that don't know the term), and with this many new players, I was in easy range of being lynched before I could talk people down.  Me revealing a PR would at least have vets thinking twice and possibly swaying a few newbies to also unvote and either give me time to prove myself, or for the mafia team to kill me and prove me right anyway.

For the newbies:  mafia would want to kill me as I can kill them, too - so I'm a greater threat than a normal vanilla townie with only my vote as my weapon.  I have my vote AND a kill.  Light FOS to GATA for not realizing this off the bat.

38 minutes ago, ID. said:

Don’t laugh, but is this an example of a train?

A train is a group of voters on one particular player.  So my "train" consisted of 9 voters when I revealed my role.

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Did VerBal start at JI. Or just Doggin 

When Doggin brought mafia to JN from JI, he also included 3 people from DM (where he also played) - myself, Barm, and DPR.  A few month to a year later, the first actual wave of DMers came to JN.  I've been on JN since 2009, and I think Doggin brought mafia over late in 2008 (my guess).

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

This is starting to get interesting. I am sticking with my vote CTM because it was suspicious how many jumped on the Verbal bandwagon. Makes me think he may not be scum (at least in the game).

Solid analysis of the situation

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Verbal said:

When Doggin brought mafia to JN from JI, he also included 3 people from DM (where he also played) - myself, Barm, and DPR.  A few month to a year later, the first actual wave of DMers came to JN.  I've been on JN since 2009, and I think Doggin brought mafia over late in 2008 (my guess).

He brought to JetsInsider in like 05 / 06. First game ever I was scum with buzzsaw and that idiot Pac made it his only goal of playing to get me lynched, which sucked as first time scum. 

Some things never change though

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Verbal said:

As somebody who isn't that new, I'm surprised you'd question this.  I was at L-2 (2 away from lynch for those that don't know the term), and with this many new players, I was in easy range of being lynched before I could talk people down.  Me revealing a PR would at least have vets thinking twice and possibly swaying a few newbies to also unvote and either give me time to prove myself, or for the mafia team to kill me and prove me right anyway.

For the newbies:  mafia would want to kill me as I can kill them, too - so I'm a greater threat than a normal vanilla townie with only my vote as my weapon.  I have my vote AND a kill.  Light FOS to GATA for not realizing this off the bat.

You don't think "hey guys, I'm VT" let's look at someone else would suffice. 

Yes, you have 1 vote and 1 kill but you could have been much more productive not revealing your PR IMO (in my opinion) That way you don't have a mark on your back w/e play how you want I won't vote you today. 

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

He brought to JetsInsider in like 05 / 06. First game ever I was scum with buzzsaw and that idiot Pac made it his only goal of playing to get me lynched, which sucked as first time scum. 

Some things never change though

Right....basically you and I started playing around the same time, but not together until after Doggin brought the game to this site and then included 3 of us from DM to round out the playing group.

And yeah, basically Pac still sucks.  @Klecko73isGod had it right this whole time.....

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GATA said:

You don't think "hey guys, I'm VT" let's look at someone else would suffice. 

Yes, you have 1 vote and 1 kill but you could have been much more productive not revealing your PR IMO (in my opinion) That way you don't have a mark on your back w/e play how you want I won't vote you today. 

First, me just saying I'm VT would not (imo) have had any impact on my lynch.  I'd get lynched, and town would lose a PR.  My opinion, of course, but I've seen it play out that way literally hundreds of times.

Second.......what makes you say I have "1 kill"?  I said my weapon was a vote and a kill - I never said how many.

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

Yeah well, how about this, dickwad - I'm a vigilante.  If you don't want this bullet in between your eyes, unvote me and let's try to lynch scum instead.

To everybody else - I'm a town vigilante.  I knew 2 things when 80 sent me my role PM:

1.  He'd get a laugh that I have a gun and he's not in the game for me to shoot. (bastard)

2.  I'd have to reveal D1 with this many new players as the vets would rely on the meme lynch of me as my normal other option for D1 meme lynch (80) is not playing.

So lots of laughs for 80 and some sobbing into my pillow for me.  Don't lynch a town PR.

^ you didn't say how many shots FYI 

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vigilante

5 minutes ago, Verbal said:

First, me just saying I'm VT would not (imo) have had any impact on my lynch.  I'd get lynched, and town would lose a PR.  My opinion, of course, but I've seen it play out that way literally hundreds of times.

Second.......what makes you say I have "1 kill"?  I said my weapon was a vote and a kill - I never said how many.

You don't think mafia is going to target you ? Therefore, not making it past after a couple of days. Therefore, maybe 1 or  2 shots at the most. 

20 minutes ago, GATA said:

^ you didn't say how many shots FYI 

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vigilante

Ok, but you still assumed 1 shot.

18 minutes ago, GATA said:

You don't think mafia is going to target you ? Therefore, not making it past after a couple of days. Therefore, maybe 1 or  2 shots at the most. 

Of course I think they will, I said as much.  Are you actually reading the thread?

5 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

What is DM?

Dragonmount - a site based on a book series that a member of JI/JN was a part of and who really started mafia on that site and this one - he brought me to JN to play, and I've been here ever since as JN is now (really for years now) essentially my "mafia home".

6 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Ok, but you still assumed 1 shot.

Of course I think they will, I said as much.  Are you actually reading the thread?

Dragonmount - a site based on a book series that a member of JI/JN was a part of and who really started mafia on that site and this one - he brought me to JN to play, and I've been here ever since as JN is now (really for years now) essentially my "mafia home".

Dragon mount is the private GT school of the mafia goodness . Jetnation is the vocational night school for ex cons of The mafia goodness .

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Ahhh ok thanks

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Pencil me in as a Hackenburg then.

@GATA

Probably, but I'm hoping the Doc gets fancy and tosses a protect my way so mafia waste their shot.  Or just WIFOM with the scum team and make them waste a shot anyway and not hit a PR (and hopefully not even kill anybody if our Doc is good enough).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ID. said:

As a fellow hockey player and Islander fan, I may need to unvote you.  Sad day when the Whalers moved, but the economics plus Bettman’s push for non-traditional markets, sealed their fate.

Only thing I can do, is play you a song...

Sorry, can't take this as an official unvote unless you bold it like that somewhere in your post.

If you're playing on your phone, use the HTML tags.  Like this [b ]unvote[ /b] but without the spaces.  

31 minutes ago, Verbal said:

And you and I have been shooting each other D1 or N1 ever since.

• Upvote 1