Lions make Darius Slay available

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

IMO - we should let GW work with the scraps he has for now. Our defense was fine last year and that was with a bunch of injuries. He got the most out of Austin and Maulet. 

This team needs to focus very heavily, almost all it's resources, on building around a potential franchise QB. Trading away valuable resources and spending cap space on a 30 year old corner would be the antithesis of that. Wouldn't mind if the entire draft were offensive players tbh.

I agree with IF they believe in Bless Austin,Mauraice Candy,Ausitn,Arthur Maulet.

Wow.. Holy frickin' Jesus!!! 

Hold on...same old Jets fans!!! 

It says he's available for trade correct? He didn't have the greatest year correct? There are no reported terms or compensation or reported money involved correct? So let's slow down.

Maybe he's got something to prove? Maybe throw them Henry Anderson...Maybe Avery Williamson and exchange third or fourth round picks then give him a two-year contract?

Trumaine Johnson/ Darryl Roberts are gone... and Brian Poole is a free agent!

Obviously we need to re-sign Poole as he was one of our best players last year, but despite kudos to All The Underdogs that played in the secondary last year none of them solidified even being a number 2 cornerback.

This guy is actually a pretty good player in any scheme. Not Elite..but good. If I remember correctly Darius Slay was one of the popular guys Talking Heads were saying we should go after last year? Yes! Last offseason remember? 

Yes I understand he's a 29 years old,  he's not 35 years old and He's good not great I get that too.

I'd take him over Darrell Roberts and his 7 million a year when he couldn't swing his head around ever..and only one good tackle all year! Trumaine Johnson sucked such a dick last year  it was embarrassing....

We are definitely going offensive line and wide receiver in the draft, but we have no idea what's happening with Jamal Adams, Robby Anderson, Avery Williamson, Bell or Mosley. And Roberts and Johnson at CB are definitely gone!

So before we start crapping on any idea of getting some help in the secondary let's see what the terms are and be realistic. It sounds to me we may just be able to cut or trade a few players and when that money is available, get some help where it's definitely going to be needed.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Jets fans

Also Jets fans:  PAY THE STRONG SAFETY $17M+ PER SEASON

Big difference between a 24 year old all-pro who hasn't even hit his prime yet and a 29 year old whose team wants to walk away from for whatever scraps they can get.

Every thread doesn't have to be about our president.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Big difference between a 24 year old all-pro who hasn't even hit his prime yet and a 29 year old whose team wants to walk away from for whatever scraps they can get.

Every thread doesn't have to be about our president.

If the conversation is about resources and where to direct them, its impossible not to include Jamal in that discussion.  

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Trade for this beast. 

You don't trade for a player that is at the end of a contract wanting a huge payday from the team that trades for him... It always turns out bad... Plus you are giving up Capital for a player that you are going to have to give him huge FA money... give me a break... thats what bad teams do

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You don't trade for a player that is at the end of a contract wanting a huge payday from the team that trades for him... It always turns out bad... Plus you are giving up Capital for a player that you are going to have to give him huge FA money... give me a break... thats what bad teams do

Always turns out bad...............

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Wanna bet this team would be better off with me or many others here being the GM the last 10 years. 

I would bet against you with the sum total of my alleged wealth. I'd get crappy odds, but that's how it is with sure things. 

I'd place modest sums on a couple other guys here to do a better job than we've seen around here, though. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I would bet against you with the sum total of my alleged wealth. I'd get crappy odds, but that's how it is with sure things. 

I'd place modest sums on a couple other guys here to do a better job than we've seen around here, though. 

Your opinion.

Your wealth please not another SAR I. 

I know for a fact I could have done a better job. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I know for a fact I could have done a better job. 

Define, "fact." 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Your wealth please not another SAR I.

I clearly typed the word "alleged" in front of the word "wealth." Look it up, you hear it a lot on Law & Order. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Your opinion.

Fact. Lol. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Which begs the question: What would a joewilly franchise look like? My first assumption is that team lunches would now be comprised of various Campbells soup flavors.

• Haha 1

Just now, slats said:

Define, "fact." 

I clearly typed the word "alleged" in front of the word "wealth." Look it up, you hear it a lot on Law & Order. 

Fact. Lol. 

Factually speaking we all have opinions on players and how they would be as NY Jets players and how they would help the team succeed. 

No one is perfect not even the GM's,talent scouts, draft experts we all make mistakes. 

But over the years I have and many others commented on our opinions of many players free agents or the draft who have turned out better off than the trash we have signed and drafted. 

I don't bet on the NY Jets never have and never will. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Which begs the question: What would a joewilly franchise look like? My first assumption is that team lunches would now be comprised of various Campbells soup flavors.

Wrong have you seen the food I post thats what I eat. 

Healthy food on most occasions but I do enjoy @The Crusher type of diet. 

Campbells soup LOL 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

But over the years I have and many others commented on our opinions of many players free agents or the draft who have turned out better off than the trash we have signed and drafted. 

This reminds me of that time John Cougar called himself one of America's great song writers along with Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen. 

• Haha 4

Sign a good (but maybe not great) CB in free agency. Draft another in the 3rd or 4th round, keep developing guys like Bless Austin, Arthur Maulet, etc.  We can piece together a secondary that's slightly improved over 2019 and improve the overall D by getting a solid Edge rusher.  I would prioritize the Edge rusher in FA (or via trade) rather than the CB position.  In Gregg Williams I trust.

• Upvote 2