Lions make Darius Slay available

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Sign a good (but maybe not great) CB in free agency. Draft another in the 3rd or 4th round, keep developing guys like Bless Austin, Arthur Maulet, etc.  We can piece together a secondary that's slightly improved over 2019 and improve the overall D by getting a solid Edge rusher.  I would prioritize the Edge rusher in FA (or via trade) rather than the CB position.  In Gregg Williams I trust.

A solid legit edge rusher makes the entire secondary that much better. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Maxman said:

One of my favorite Springsteen albums is Born in the USA.

Slightly unrelated but FYI you were just Banned in the USA.

Shouldn't be that hard to avoid personal attacks. Seems very difficult for you though. Seek anger management and enjoy your 30 day vacation.

music video vintage GIF

huh, that escalated quick.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

huh, that escalated quick.

Actually we really should only be speaking in Born in the USA code right now.

So I will like to change my earlier response.

Sometimes when I read Joe Willy's post I feel like the site might be on a Downbound Train. So I gave him 30 days off to be safe.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Actually we really should only be speaking in Born in the USA code right now.

So I will like to change my earlier response.

Sometimes when I read Joe Willy's post I feel like the site might be on a Downbound Train. So I gave him 30 days off to be safe.

FREE JOE WILLY. My days aren’t the same without him. Seriously. Ban me in his place

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Which begs the question: What would a joewilly franchise look like? My first assumption is that team lunches would now be comprised of various Campbells soup flavors.

Mostly they’d head out for the coin toss and try to negotiate the other team to take skins.

• Haha 3

Shouldn't be that hard to avoid personal attacks. Seems very difficult for you though. Seek anger management and enjoy your 30 day vacation.

200.gif&key=7f862afee6be0288a3b3e6d7f0ff58795b395595137b4adad2ee69f7c51aa53c

... Been around Goodell a bit ? This is pretty excessive no ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Wow.. Holy frickin' Jesus!!! 

Hold on...same old Jets fans!!! 

It says he's available for trade correct? He didn't have the greatest year correct? There are no reported terms or compensation or reported money involved correct? So let's slow down.

Maybe he's got something to prove? Maybe throw them Henry Anderson...Maybe Avery Williamson and exchange third or fourth round picks then give him a two-year contract?

Trumaine Johnson/ Darryl Roberts are gone... and Brian Poole is a free agent!

Obviously we need to re-sign Poole as he was one of our best players last year, but despite kudos to All The Underdogs that played in the secondary last year none of them solidified even being a number 2 cornerback.

This guy is actually a pretty good player in any scheme. Not Elite..but good. If I remember correctly Darius Slay was one of the popular guys Talking Heads were saying we should go after last year? Yes! Last offseason remember? 

Yes I understand he's a 29 years old,  he's not 35 years old and He's good not great I get that too.

I'd take him over Darrell Roberts and his 7 million a year when he couldn't swing his head around ever..and only one good tackle all year! Trumaine Johnson sucked such a dick last year  it was embarrassing....

We are definitely going offensive line and wide receiver in the draft, but we have no idea what's happening with Jamal Adams, Robby Anderson, Avery Williamson, Bell or Mosley. And Roberts and Johnson at CB are definitely gone!

So before we start crapping on any idea of getting some help in the secondary let's see what the terms are and be realistic. It sounds to me we may just be able to cut or trade a few players and when that money is available, get some help where it's definitely going to be needed.

I hear ya, but if we are going to pay load of $$$ for a new contract, might as well go after one of the CBs set to hit FA. At least we won't have to give up assents which we need desperately. Sure, if its a player who we were going to cut anyway, fine. But I highly doubt that is going to happen. Detroit will want a draft pick. 

Theres a lot of corners in FA that could add value to our secondary even if not as a #1.  

Logan Ryan, Ronald Darby, Eli Apple, Jason Verrett, Trae Waynes, Artie Burns, Bashaud Breeland, Mackensie Alexander, James Bradberry, Aaron Colvin, Byron Jones  

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2020 at 5:02 PM, Maxman said:

music video vintage GIF

I will bend like a reed in the wind.....

On 2/17/2020 at 3:11 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

If the conversation is about resources and where to direct them, its impossible not to include Jamal in that discussion.  

For some of the obsessed yes, its impossible to not mention Jamal in basically any thread