Another QB Enters The Top Ten Conversation. YAY !

THE BARON

Ahhh... More good news.  Yet another QB is entering the conversation as a possible top ten pick.  It could be that all of the following get selected before 11

Burrow, Herbert, Tua, Jordan Love, Chase Young. (that's five spots filled in the top ten with QBs)

It is also unlikely that the Lions or Jaguars will be selecting an offensive lineman with their first overall pick.  (so that makes 7 teams in the top ten that will almost certainly not soak up *any* of the three top offensive lineman.

The Panthers may or may not take an offensive lineman. It is more likely that they will go defense.  That makes 8 teams that will be good to us :-)

And there is a good chance that one of the GM's for the Giants, Cardinals or Browns will be enamored with the measure'ables of Mekhi Beckton, hence... Leaving one of the top three offensive tackles for us <

Very good for the Jets.  Thomas or Wirfs or Wills will probably still be on the board at # 11.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/nfl-combine-buzz-on-quarterbacks-jordan-love-and-justin-herbert-could-benefit-je

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

It is also unlikely that the Lions or Jaguars will be selecting an offensive lineman with their first overall pick.  (so that makes 7 teams in the top ten that will almost certainly not soak up *any* of the three top offensive lineman.

Not sure how good you are at logic in general, but the Lions and Jaguars can take one of those top 5 people you listed.  And so then it's still just 5.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Chase Young is a QB now? LOL  He does everything!

LOLZ... Yes, he is an edge guy, but he is going to go in the top ten WITH THE QB's.  So... 4 QB plus one edge is at least five teams not taking o-line before the Jets pick... 

Then figure in the teams not likely to take a QB, O-Line OR be in position to take the edge guy....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thshadow said:

Not sure how good you are at logic in general, but the Lions and Jaguars can take one of those top 5 people you listed.  And so then it's still just 5.

Lions and Jags not likely to take a QB and the EDGE Chase will be gone before they pick,,, SO.... 

Ya dg ???

I hope Thomas or Wirfs is still available at 11. They are the 2 best Tackles imo.

I fell deeper in love with Wirfs after this week. His interviews at the combine and on moving the chains radio show were just awesome. Then his combine workout was stellar.

I doubt he’s there for us at 11 but he would be my pick if he was.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

On 2/29/2020 at 8:47 AM, Savage69 said:

In 1983 one of the best QB drafts ever only 2 went top 10 Elway first and Blackledge 7th to the KC..

almost referenced that ... but didn't have the energy to look up when Eason & O'brien went :)