Jets sign backup QB David Fales

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Durable?  Totally missed that part. 

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I don't consider Mono as a knock on Sam's durability. Guy played through injury this year, that is more a testament to his durability than the # of games missed this past season.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I don't consider Mono as a knock on Sam's durability. Guy played through injury this year, that is more a testament to his durability than the # of games missed this past season.

Yea, I agree 100% with you so I guess all the NBA players who caught Coronavirus are also injury prone too? lol Sam catching chicken pox, mono, the flu or a hot date has nothing to do with "durability however woman do weaken lets and give out mono ha

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If he's not playing in games it may not speak to his durability but it does speak to our need of a viable back up. That's what matters the most. 

19 hours ago, derp said:

I agree QB is in play but earlier than most are thinking, especially with no depth chart and Douglas not having brought in his guy, but I have no idea who the hell it would be in this draft class. Hurts is the only one I could see day 2, maybe Fromm since Gase likes noodle armed guys. Maybe Morgan day 3.

I completely disagree. They just signed Fales b/c he already knows the system. I have a feeling they won't draft anyone. Right now Sam is the guy and they are all in on him. Period, end of sentence. Odds are JD is not drafting a QB unless he sees really good value in Rd. 6. 

People who are like- Sam is not the guy, he hasn't proven anything yet, he turns the ball over too much, we haven't made the payoffs. STOP. Darnold is THE GUY until he's not. Right now he is for the foreseeable future and there is nothing to suggest that he won't be until two seasons from now. Barring a horrific injury. 

34 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I completely disagree. They just signed Fales b/c he already knows the system. I have a feeling they won't draft anyone. Right now Sam is the guy and they are all in on him. Period, end of sentence. Odds are JD is not drafting a QB unless he sees really good value in Rd. 6. 

People who are like- Sam is not the guy, he hasn't proven anything yet, he turns the ball over too much, we haven't made the payoffs. STOP. Darnold is THE GUY until he's not. Right now he is for the foreseeable future and there is nothing to suggest that he won't be until two seasons from now. Barring a horrific injury. 

Yeah so I see where I used his guy for Douglas and maybe you misinterpreted what I meant. Generally speaking I think you want a franchise guy, a legit backup, and a prospect. I don’t like counting Darnold as the franchise and the prospect.

Think about how much more interesting this team is to follow in the event of a Darnold injury if the backup is a draft pick who beats out Fales for that job. How horrific was the QB situation last year? Meanwhile look at what Minshew did for the Jags last year. Think about how many picks the Eagles accumulated back in the day or the Patriots over the years flipping backups. The Jets can add a young QB to their basically vacant depth chart without it being about Darnold, I think leaving the depth chart so vacant signals Douglas’ willingness to do so, and I kind of hope they do.

On 3/31/2020 at 5:24 PM, T0mShane said:

Darnold and Fales are tight, so it makes sense. That said, Gase has no excuse if/when Darnold goes down if Fales is the real #2 guy. They need a better option than him. Personally, I think they’ll draft a QB as high as the fourth round as insurance in case Darnold goes Full Trubisky.

I worry that they won't bring in a vet back-up because they'll afraid said vet back-up will outplay Darnold, and they don't want that mess.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

I worry that they won't bring in a vet back-up because they'll afraid said vet back-up will outplay Darnold, and they don't want that mess.

I could see this with Cam Newton or something, but Darnold is good enough to keep Matt Moore on the bench, imo