Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

5 minutes ago, AVM said:

I've been working under the assumption there were 5 cultists total after converts, yes. SMC had made a couple posts about 2 + 3 vs 3 + 2...but I think we all landed on the implication in the final conversion was that was it, so 3 + 2. Would mean one original + one convert

I had a thought several days ago that there could be something like balanced roles - with seeing an apprentice on both and a flip of a cult RB for half the nights and a claim of town RB for half the nights...

I even toyed with thinking maybe the SK also has RB ability, but only half the nights would be a weird added bonus to being SK, right? Especially when there have been so many day kills - though some mods have NA protects/blocks last through day phase.

We've also had 1-2 nights with no deaths or even as much as a hint that someone was shot at, right? I know N1 was that way

Typically converts lose their town roles upon conversion...we can look at what AJ's flip said to see if there's a hint.

that is a possibility. can you quote those scenes when you get them?

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

So as town, in a conversion game with multiple kills...you randomly used your role?

And the "I would out my team " is just monster WIFOM and you we asking us who to use it on to try and gain more town favor?

ewwwww

yeah, I'm ready to lynch 80

unvote

Vote 80

So just thinking out loud ... Hess being cult and having the opposite day RB - wouldn't make sense for two people from the same cult to have odd/even RB's, would it? Serial Killer wouldn't have additional powers on top of NK would they? 

I'm just trying to figure out where 80 as scum with opposite day RB fits in. More than one cult? 

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So just thinking out loud ... Hess being cult and having the opposite day RB - wouldn't make sense for two people from the same cult to have odd/even RB's, would it? Serial Killer wouldn't have additional powers on top of NK would they? 

I'm just trying to figure out where 80 as scum with opposite day RB fits in. More than one cult? 

It does make some sense. If one of them gets killed, they still have a role blocker for the other nights.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

AJ was town commuter before he was converted and he was NK’d. Not sure if there were any limitations on his role though. Just from a fairness standpoint though that seems like it would make scum way too strong if they got to keep the converted players’ roles.

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

Yeah so we are going to have 4 boys within 4 years. I have a 4 and 2 year old now. twin boys coming anytime in next 4 weeks, lol.. going to be crazy here for a while. 

Yeah, we had 3 boys in 22 months. Couldn't have any more after that. Was hoping for a little girl at some point.

New Hampshire man tried to 'buy' girl from parents: cops

• Upvote 1

Just now, jvill 51 said:

AJ was town commuter before he was converted and he was NK’d. Not sure if there were any limitations on his role though. Just from a fairness standpoint though that seems like it would make scum way too strong if they got to keep the converted players’ roles.

i just went back and looked and i didn't see anything in the scene that indicates. I kind of agree with you here. 

To bring this back to the 80 thing with as much/many times 80 fake claims/reveals he could have started as scum and we are speculating a convert. and if his ability is legit then it's still something he'd have. 

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah, we had 3 boys in 22 months. Couldn't have any more after that. Was hoping for a little girl at some point.

New Hampshire man tried to 'buy' girl from parents: cops

we were pretty sure we were done at 2, but wife didn't want to do anything "permanent" just in case. then a "whoops" so yeah there will be no more after this. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Stark said:

i just went back and looked and i didn't see anything in the scene that indicates. I kind of agree with you here. 

To bring this back to the 80 thing with as much/many times 80 fake claims/reveals he could have started as scum and we are speculating a convert. and if his ability is legit then it's still something he'd have. 

The thing I’m hung up on is, as JiF pointed out, would roleblocker really be a town role in this game? You’ve got the cult leader, ok it would work for that but all the recruitments happened before an even night so it’s a useless role there. Hess couldn’t be roleblocked by 80 because they had their powers on opposite nights. That leaves only the SK and the other original scum who may or may not exist as non-town players to be role blocked (assuming converted players don’t carry over their roles)

21 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

The thing I’m hung up on is, as JiF pointed out, would roleblocker really be a town role in this game? You’ve got the cult leader, ok it would work for that but all the recruitments happened before an even night so it’s a useless role there. Hess couldn’t be roleblocked by 80 because they had their powers on opposite nights. That leaves only the SK and the other original scum who may or may not exist as non-town players to be role blocked (assuming converted players don’t carry over their roles)

Would like to hear some opinions on this and I agree JC should be given a chance to claim if it comes to that

Unvote

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Nyn had no additional power and typically all it would be is a vest, similar to Leelou.   I think it makes sense that the teammate they need to add was the ying to Hess's yang or maybe 80 started cult and Pac gave them opposite day powers to keep it alive for the team if one got killed.  Maybe there is 5 cult.  Started with 3 and they've had 2 successful recruits.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

Ok looking back at who is left.....am I correct that is would be a 1 x cult convert left and the SK?   or could there be 2 x cult converts left giving a total of 5 cult members?  I'm not up to speed on what's a balanced game.

Simply put, we don't know. 

We know for sure that we have 1 SK and 1 Convert left. Anything beyond that has been hidden from us so far. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

It just doesnt add up as town role.  In a game with this many roles and apparently actions that can be earned; why would there be a town roleblocker?  Again, it seems like a role meant to be recruited.  It makes sense as cult/roleblock and recruit at the same time, etc.  Granted maybe that never happened but it's really not a town friendly role in this setup. 

1 hour ago, Stark said:

and now that information is out... if 80 is roleblocker and is a convert I would probably get blocked tonight if i used it.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

So as town, in a conversion game with multiple kills...you randomly used your role?

And the "I would out my team " is just monster WIFOM and you we asking us who to use it on to try and gain more town favor?

ewwwww

yeah, I'm ready to lynch 80

unvote

Vote 80

The more I look at it, the more I have to say that for any pro-town player to chance using this role, they would have had to be actively engaged in the game so as to not risk blocking town. 80 has not been.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

It does make some sense. If one of them gets killed, they still have a role blocker for the other nights.

Hess (Frost) was Cult and an Odd Night RB'er. Mafia roles are usually faction oriented (they can be turned in by anyone on the team) but sometimes they are dependent on a specific player - especially if the mod is trying to discourage laziness and promote participation (for example, a 2 reveal a day limit). 

That would make 80 OG Cult - It would be *highly* unusual for a town player who got converted to keep their role and damn near impossible to balance. 

But...

The cult conversations only named Frost and Dragonetti, so Pac would have had to leave another vamp out of the discussion so that we would be surprised... would Pac do that? 

On the flip side, RB'er is not commonly used as a town role for a reason - any pro-town player would struggle with the risk of blocking town power roles. It's really only good to use for blocking known mafia, and those tend to get lynched, lol. 

If 80 is actually town with that kind of a role, it sucks to be him. But I ain't buying it.

Vote 80

80 has been playing the conversion WIFOM game literally since his first post.  Nyn who was hunting, had 80 in her cross hairs early.   She was also giving Lee the business.  Vamps killed Nyn, no?  Might be a stretch connection but where there is smoke. 

Either way because of the limitations to the reveal game, I think 80 is the lynch.  His role is counterproductive as using it randomly could be dangerous.  What else are we going to do?  Run up someone else who cant reveal and just kill them on gut?  That's too risky at this stage in the game.  Slight gaming the mod but we havent seen what I think are crucial roles for this game to have in any death scenes.

80 is the lynch.  He's hitting some pingy pings, his role doesnt make sense as town and if it he is, it's a safe lynch.

Holy **** that was 30 pages to catch up on - I haven't had to do that in years.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:55 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

lol - the vote thief revealed

did you ever use it for anything other than f'ing w/verbal? lmfao

I did laugh at this, though.  ******* CTM ruins everything.

• Haha 2

I didn't care for JC's defense on why he wouldn't be recruited by Leelou - too much WIFOM included.

I am happy that I was reading Leelou correctly on D1, her brushing me off didn't sit right.  That said, I wasn't converted but I can see I'd be a reasonable target seeing as how I had her scum D1 and some of the vets might have started agreeing with me had she lived and I kept it up.....but that all happened over the weekend.

Vote: JC

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Yes

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Was there a failed Blade kill at one point?  Does anyone remember a scene like that? 

Yes

6 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I didn't care for JC's defense on why he wouldn't be recruited by Leelou - too much WIFOM included.

I am happy that I was reading Leelou correctly on D1, her brushing me off didn't sit right.  That said, I wasn't converted but I can see I'd be a reasonable target seeing as how I had her scum D1 and some of the vets might have started agreeing with me had she lived and I kept it up.....but that all happened over the weekend.

Vote: JC

5 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Or.......we do this, instead.

Unvote

Vote: 80

Always down for this!

Was getting ready to line you up next, lol

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Damn, did you just drop the hammer?!!?!?!?!

No - he's L1 I think. I'll do the deed.

unvote vote 80

32 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Would like to hear some opinions on this and I agree JC should be given a chance to claim if it comes to that

Unvote

7 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Or.......we do this, instead.

Unvote

Vote: 80

Always down for this!

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Vote 80 as well. Let's see how this plays out. 

Well, I guess that clears up your opinions on this matter

....alone in a dark room, a shirtless 80 vigorously faps away at half naked woman on his screen.  This time, the cameraman slows zooms in on 80's browsers.  Wait, what's this?  80 moved his famous fap thread to uncwnation.com?  As the camera slowly zooms out...suddenly, 80 looks of his left shoulder directly into the lense with the type of creep that haunts your dreams forever.

...roll credits

• Upvote 1

On 4/18/2020 at 12:52 AM, Pac said:

CLICK ME

The fool sat listening to his music - unaware of the danger that was at his doorstep.

"ahh..  Eddie Vedder always reminds me of home", he said aloud to no one in particular.

The knock on the door startled him causing him to spill the Pina Colada he had been nursing on his prized bear skin rug.

"GODDAMMIT, that was my last umbrella", he cried.

As he stumbled to the door, intoxicated from the 14 ounces of "alcohol" he had consumed, he wondered who could be paying him a visit at such a late hour.

When he opened the door a man who was unfamiliar to him stood calmly, a maniacal look in his eyes...  not saying a word.

*burp*   "Yeah..  I gave at the office bro.  But I hope you're successful in your endeavorrrrzzzs....  OOWWWWW HOLY SHIIIIIT"!!!

The stake artfully slid into his heart as his attacker grinned gleefully.

"I knew it was you, pig..  I knew"..

AJ aka Wilson Hale (Town Commuter who had been converted into a Vampire) is DEAD!

Wilson Hale

So from mafia scum net...

"The Commuter is a role that "leaves Town" each Night, thus making them ineligible to be targeted by Night actions. By extension, they cannot use any other Night actions they may have."

As such, if he still had said power he couldn't have been NK'd. Therefore I don't think it's a massive leap to say AJ lost said power...would expect the same from 80 (not that it matters now...but meh)

• Upvote 1

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Not certain. Need Decker/Pac to give the VC

That was the hammer. Barry and JiF were voting him, then DPR, Verb and you in quick succession. Considering 80 was likely watching an adult film with a similar plot line at the time, it was apropos

• Haha 2