HBO WATCHMEN Mafia - Game Thread -TULSA WINS!!!

SMC

Official Vote Count:

Drums (4) - JIF, AJ, Hess, CTM

CTM (3) - Smash, Nolder, 80

JC (3) - Dandie, Arsis, DPR

JIF (1) - Drums

Pac (2) - Crusher, JC

Arsis (1) - Dice 

DPR (1) - AVM

Hess (2) - Stark, Barry

Crusher (1) - Pac

80 (1) - Nyn

With 19 Citizens of Tulsa, it takes 10 to arrest 

D1 deadline: 2 pm EDT Wednesday, April 29

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2020 at 9:53 AM, Drums said:

Then I’m just not into it much yet but I will be. Got a job interview today at a new school so my mind is elsewhere at the moment. 

20 hours ago, A.J. said:

This is fair.

Drums is on my radar as well. I would say Nolder too.

20 hours ago, A.J. said:

On Nolder?

Drums is already different than he was in Blade so far, but the game has been weird with our secret celebrity guest and the race to hammer CTM to kick it off so I’m not gonna push that too hard yet. Definitely has my radar up though.

Dandie is clearly a troll account that has only sh*t posted and thrown some shade at CTM for not claiming during that initial run up. They can die.

Dont really see the problem with DPR yet

14 hours ago, A.J. said:

Agree on Drums - looking like a good bet for scum the longer he doesn’t show 

JC - never an easy read for me early on. Most notable thing I have is his Town lean on me this early which seems odd

80 - same vein, trying to prop up that JiF Town read over a null post when JiF’s play otherwise hasn’t backed it

6 hours ago, Drums said:

Honestly, what a bunch of shady sh*t around the Dandie train. 

As I was reading through AJ kinda jumped out at me first, probably because he was more active. Here are my notes (copied from a Google Doc)

• Pretty much starts the CTM train in post 14. By pretty much, I mean Smash votes CTM and AJ votes him 1 minute after.

• Plants a seed about me being a bit too quiet early in the game, a weird game at that

• Post 184, to me, sounds like he has extra info. I had to go back and re-read the original storyline. Could just be experienced observations

• Votes me to just poke a little since I was quiet. I didn’t take it as more than that

• Cools on CTM

• Starts the Dandie train in post 415 

• Barry jumps on right away

• Continues to make somewhat of a big deal over Dandie, which doesn’t really make sense.

• Eggs on others to vote him too 

• Even cooler on CTM now in post 549

• Still low key planting seeds that I’m scum because I’ve been quiet in post 668

Also not feeling great about JC because he just tried way way too hard to get Dandie lynched.

Feel good about Barry hopping off after Crusher clarified he's not Ape.

Jif is on my radar as well, and stands out for giving me the same feel he gave during Kingsman:

• Made the “I’m my favorite role” post but it was weird

• Made a few posts here and there but hasn’t actually voted anyone (2-3 days into D1)

• Finally votes Dandy claiming “we should just kill it” in post 565

Expect more of this but I have a sh*t ton of work to do from not having any energy all weekend or. yesterday. Feeling good today though and finally into this game.

Unvote vote Jif 

4 hours ago, Drums said:

I actually hid out the entire game. I might have posted like 5 times in that game. I needed a break but also I saw how easy it was to hide out and survive. I didn't expect to win that way but I am not interested in playing as scum. 

With that said, I honestly just wasn't feeling this game over the weekend nor most of yesterday but I did put more effort in last night and posted some of my thoughts this morning. 

4 hours ago, A.J. said:

Nothing I can do about the timing of mine and Smash's votes. We basically posted at the same time and I didn't care enough to change it.

The game state being weird doesn't give you an excuse not to participate. Others have been here and trying to make something of the mess. I called you Town in Blade after a matter of pages because, to me, it was obvious how different you were as scum & Town. Your play so far is more reminiscent of Red Dawn where you kept your head down. I'll also say that it is convenient at the least that you've landed yourself where you have.

Perhaps I do have extra info that leads me to believe there's a difference between local Tulsa scum and outsider scum. Perhaps I also just read carefully and the conclusion seems obvious. Whether or not they are different factions will come to light in time.

4 hours ago, A.J. said:

AVM seems shadier to me this game, but I had him as Town early on when he was part of the SK clan so I'm not sure how to take that.

Stark voting Hess is interesting but I don't hate it.

Pac's bluster I'm beginning to think is a Town tell. The more obnoxious the better.

JiF OMGUS'ing Drums is half expected but doesn't really help me get a better read on either at the moment.

Vote Drums

you were better off just saying you had better things to do than blaming the game state for not playing

If nothing else AJ has been pretty consistent with his AJ pressure. Even though I read along with the Blade game I didn't play it. Drums blaming the game and not wanting to participate as scum is not terrible, I feel that way sometimes. 

17 minutes ago, SMC said:

Official Vote Count:

Drums (5) - JIF, Barry, AJ, Hess, CTM

CTM (3) - Smash, Nolder, 80

JIF (2) - Nyn, Drums

Pac (2) - Crusher, JC

Arsis (1) - Dice 

DPR (1) - AVM

Hess (1) - Stark

Crusher (1) - Pac

UNVOTE

where the heck is @Nolder. @Smashmouth sitting on CTM is questionable. Has Nolder been around since the CTM train died off? @Jetsfan80 why you still on CTM?

I don't like the way Pac was wanting to hammer anyone it seemed. Hess jumping votes around early had my attention, but looks like i may be only one questioning him. 

VOTE PAC

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

UNVOTE

where the heck is @Nolder. @Smashmouth sitting on CTM is questionable. Has Nolder been around since the CTM train died off? @Jetsfan80 why you still on CTM?

I don't like the way Pac was wanting to hammer anyone it seemed. Hess jumping votes around early had my attention, but looks like i may be only one questioning him. 

VOTE PAC

You worry about your vote, I'll worry about mine.  GFY.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

UNVOTE

VOTE PAC

Stark is a top three player at JN mafia. 

33 minutes ago, Drums said:

At least I feel good about you as town after this because you're the only one that is making any type of decent case and it's one that I can't even argue right now. I am not scum this time even though there are similarities. I actually thought my notes were pretty good this D1 (on you specifically, even though I wasn't sure if you were scum or town after those notes, now I am leaning town) compared to last game when I equally got ripped for my poor D1 casing or whatever Jif and Nolder said. The thing I can't get over is that I get more sh*t as town than I ever got as scum that one game. 

Man, now you’re making me feel bad.

Look, I think you are obvious Town when you project it. Thus far I don’t think you’ve shown it and I can’t let that slide after seeing you up close how you played as scum. If you’re just not into the game, I can understand that, but i haven’t seen you be disinterested as Town yet so it gets on my radar.

Like I told you in Blade, people are gonna hold you to their expectations. You’ve shown to be an insightful, vocal townie. You nailed Leelou D1 for something and then buried her later with your invest. You don’t suck despite what some of these bozos tell you, but if you’re just gonna lay down then I’m not gonna fight to save you either because it doesn’t fit with what I’ve seen from you as a player.

21 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

seems genuine.

**** you Barry for thinking what I was gonna think before I did.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AVM said:

unvote vote DPR

I have zero interest in lynching CTM or JC right now (among the others I've named). I could vote drums but meh and 80s confidence about JiF and I haven't been able to shake 80s weird confidence about JiFs role...could go there.

I noticed 80 did this last game as well on what was D1, albeit in other words. It misled me for the first half of the game because I was pretty focused that he and Jif were both scum or at least one. I don't think I mentioned it because I never got another clue and it was wrong anyway. So this game when I saw that I didn't really think much of it but I don't mind others poking at it. 

1 minute ago, A.J. said:

Look, I think you are obvious Town when you project it. Thus far I don’t think you’ve shown it and I can’t let that slide after seeing you up close how you played as scum. If you’re just not into the game, I can understand that, but i haven’t seen you be disinterested as Town yet so it gets on my radar.

Like I told you in Blade, people are gonna hold you to their expectations. You’ve shown to be an insightful, vocal townie. You nailed Leelou D1 for something and then buried her later with your invest. You don’t suck despite what some of these bozos tell you, but if you’re just gonna lay down then I’m not gonna fight to save you either because it doesn’t fit with what I’ve seen from you as a player.

Yeah **** you Barry. 

unvote drums bc he’s too nice

vote Pac

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

UNVOTE

VOTE PAC

Noldor hasn't said anything since I called his vote out for being scummy. He's lying low rn and letting his teammates try and cover for him.

His teammates being JC/DPR/Barry/Pac give or take a scrub.

1 minute ago, A.J. said:

Haha don't feel bad. And keep an eye on me, but I recommend not tunneling on me because I will definitely get into this game. I already started to last night and I have been active today. I do apologize for the apathy, because I hate HATE when people play like that but I'm not going to mope all game and I'm done complaining. I am gearing up to kick some ass. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

Haha don't feel bad. And keep an eye on me, but I recommend not tunneling on me because I will definitely get into this game. I already started to last night and I have been active today. I do apologize for the apathy, because I hate HATE when people play like that but I'm not going to mope all game and I'm done complaining. I am gearing up to kick some ass. 

Good to know, thanks buddy. 

Official Vote Count:

Pac (4) - Crusher, JC, Stark, Hess

Drums (3) - JIF, AJ, CTM

CTM (2) - Smash, 80

JIF (1) - Drums

Arsis (1) - Dice 

DPR (1) - AVM

Hess (1) - Barry

Crusher (1) - Pac

80 (1) - Nyn

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Drums said:

Bout time, bitch.

unvote

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Noldor hasn't said anything since I called his vote out for being scummy. He's lying low rn and letting his teammates try and cover for him.

His teammates being JC/DPR/Barry/Pac give or take a scrub.

Actually I was obsessively building my base in Subnautica lol.

• Haha 1