Jets pick up 5th year option on Adams

29 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Personally, I think Jamal Adams will be comfortable now knowing that he has some job security at a very, very high salary more than a year from now.  He should sleep well tonight, wake up refreshed tomorrow and start working towards his ultimate goal of leading his team to a championship.

What team would that be?  ?‍♂️

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes.  The same "vital vocal leadership" that pouted when he wasn't traded to Dallas, had 0 players actively campaigning for him during that period, whined passive aggressively about his contract while NYC was on fire, and went half-a$$ed on congratulating the incoming rookies. 

Such leadership.  

Yes but that was when he was young and immature (five months ago, almost to the day).

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Shocking that they would pick up the 5th year option on the 4th or 5th best defensive player in franchise history

Klecko, Revis, Gastineau, Larry Grantham, and Adams are the top 5 in some order or another, if you want to put Gerry Philben in there, ok, that's cool

Oh pulllease  you are buggin.   Klecko, Gastinueau, Revis, Glenn, Green, Philben, Biggs, Graham, Clifton, Ellis, Thomas, Jones, Lewis, Washington, Salaam, Lyons 

All these guys played numerous years for The Jets. That's a prerequisite before you  can even have this conversation.

Starting Defense:

DE - Mark Gastineau (1979-1988)

DT - Joe Klecko (1977-1987)

DT - John Elliott (1967-1973)

DE - Gerry Philbin (1964-1972)

LB - Greg Buttle (1976-1984)

LB - Mo Lewis (1991-2003)

LB - James Grantham (1960-1972)

LB - Lance Mehl (1980-1987)

CB - Darrelle Revis (2007-2011)

CB - James Hasty (1988-1994)

DB - Bill Baird (1963-1969)

DB - Aaron Glenn (1994-2001)

S - Victor Green (1993-2001)

S - Dainard Paulson (1961-1966)

d.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes.  The same "vital vocal leadership" that pouted when he wasn't traded to Dallas, had 0 players actively campaigning for him during that period, whined passive aggressively about his contract while NYC was on fire, and went half-a$$ed on congratulating the incoming rookies. 

Such leadership.  

Yup that’s the one.

Jamal’s like any man with a job. If you don’t have security you’re not going to be championing the org. 

If your company was going to transfer you to Texas without your consent you’re probably not going to post enthusiastic welcomes to their new recruits. Lol, I don’t know where this hate for Jamal comes from. He’s a solid citizen, talented and works his tail off and brings the right kind of energy to a team that hasn’t had any for a long time.

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

If your company was going to transfer you to Texas without your consent you’re probably not going to post enthusiastic welcomes to their new recruits.

He threw the tantrum because he WASN'T traded to Dallas.  That's been well-documented.  

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Yup that’s the one.

Jamal’s like any man with a job. If you don’t have security you’re not going to be championing the org. 

If your company was going to transfer you to Texas without your consent you’re probably not going to post enthusiastic welcomes to their new recruits. Lol, I don’t know where this hate for Jamal comes from. He’s a solid citizen, talented and works his tail off and brings the right kind of energy to a team that hasn’t had any for a long time.

That’s makes no sense.  Why do we need his consent to listen to offers?  This is the NFL it’s a business.  It’s not like the Jets put him on the block or tried to forced him out.  Douglas simply listened when reached out which is what he is suppose to do.  Adams shouldn’t take offense to that and start pouting.  Stop with the twitter nonsense for a little bit and just focus on the helping your team for a change

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Shocking that they would pick up the 5th year option on the 4th or 5th best defensive player in franchise history

Klecko, Revis, Gastineau, Larry Grantham, and Adams are the top 5 in some order or another, if you want to put Gerry Philben in there, ok, that's cool

Not that I agree but has one to do with the other.  Its a business move.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He threw the tantrum because he WASN'T traded to Dallas.  That's been well-documented.  

If your company was going to transfer you to Texas and you told all your friends how pumped you are to be going to the Texas branch, but then the Texas branch looked at your relatively modest moving expenses and said “nah,” and you had to go back to the Jersey branch and you admitted that you would have “loved” to go to the Texas branch but you still accused your COO and Department Head of conspiring against you and then the Texas branch turned around and hired a younger, cheaper, more dynamic employee anyway, you’d be pretty sour, too

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Find one well documented temper tantrum he had over not getting traded to Dallas.

You know, without making up total nonsense.  Like pretty much every Jamal obsessed post you throw up as fact

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

BBCFE157-EE5A-4DD2-85F0-094D0E4636D5.png

And even though that's not how he said it, that's not a temper tantrum for not being tradedd

Heavy.com.  

Yeah, well documented.  That he said if I'm traded that's a team I would love to go to because I was born and raised there.

LOl, a temper tantrum for not being traded.  So weak, how many times can that video be misconstrued.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And even though that's not how he said it, that's not a temper tantrum for not being tradedd

Heavy.com.  

Yeah, well documented.  That he said if I'm traded that's a team I would love to go to because I was born and raised there.

LOl, a temper tantrum for not being traded.  So weak

It was actually code for, “I would like to be a Jet for life.”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It was actually code for, “I would like to be a Jet for life.”

No code.  Thats what he said, word for word.

You know, like in clear, precise English 

Still waiting on that well document temper tantrum 

Dont liike him, want to trade him.  Good for you.  

2 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

I'm saying the amount of people on here that want him traded literally makes no sense. This is exactly why players don't come here. Since being drafted he has done everything right on and off the field. Coming off back to back all pro seasons. If that guy can't get a second contract from this team who the hell else is deserving of it? Did we not learn anything from the Revis trade at all? 

Yeah I think they did.  Trading Revis was the smartest thing to do.  He was never the "Revis Island" $16M player again.

The mistake  was to bring him back, and have him dog it.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Solid citizen. Good to great player. 

5th year option picked up. Long term extension to follow. 

Complain on the internet as much as y’all want.

Sooooo care to respond to that part about him wanting to be in Dallas and whining about his contract while nearly 17,000 people are dead from COVID in NYC?

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sooooo care to respond to that part about him wanting to be in Dallas and whining about his contract while nearly 17,000 people are dead from COVID in NYC?

In the same vein 200,000 people are dead from COVID right now and your on the internet complaining about Jamal Adam - How dare you in this outrage culture

Obviously not serious I don’t really care and yes I acknowledge the tone deafness in jamals timing.

We had a draft while COVID is happening, how dare someone care about business. Denzel Mims was pissed he fell to 59, How dare he care right now. Trent Williams was still pouting, how dare he in these times. That’s life, it marches on in all it’s big and petty. Not my job to sort it all out

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I’m not against resigning him even though I don’t like his antics but I do think he needs to compromise with JD.  What is the maximum money you would give him?

100%, what people do not understand that we all agree Jamal is a great player, also, we want him here on a reasonable deal. He has already talked about him being in the same class as Donald and Brady, which even all you lovers cannot agree with. I want Adams here for his entire career, but if he wants to break the bank, then gbye. If he wants to be like Brady, take less to help your team win, shut up and play the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, GaryM said:

100%, what people do not understand that we all agree Jamal is a great player, also, we want him here on a reasonable deal. He has already talked about him being in the same class as Donald and Brady, which even all you lovers cannot agree with. I want Adams here for his entire career, but if he wants to break the bank, then gbye. If he wants to be like Brady, take less to help your team win, shut up and play the game.

Great Post.  I’m neutral when it comes to Adams.  If he really wants to be here then he will get a fair offer.  If he wants us to break the bank on him then he will be gone.  I trust Douglas.  He knows what he wants from a contract or a return in a trade.  That’s another reason I love the Davis Pick besides his versatility.  

3 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

I'm saying the amount of people on here that want him traded literally makes no sense. This is exactly why players don't come here. Since being drafted he has done everything right on and off the field. Coming off back to back all pro seasons. If that guy can't get a second contract from this team who the hell else is deserving of it? Did we not learn anything from the Revis trade at all? 

maybe there is another reason...

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Find one well documented temper tantrum he had over not getting traded to Dallas.

You know, without making up total nonsense.  Like pretty much every Jamal obsessed post you throw up as fact

Thank you...in fact where are all these posts where he is whining about a contract? I dont see any of them...mostly speculation I suppose. I'm not a jamal hater or advocate but some people here are nuts. B*tching and moaning about needing to fire GM's because they dont get us any good players and then when we get an impactful player there is even more b*tching n moaning about how much we can get to get rid of him and take some chances on draft pics. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Yup that’s the one.

NFL players situations are in no way relatable to regular "jobs".  Comparing a normal work situation to a professional athlete and his contract with a sports franchise is silly, there is no relation whatsoever

Also this move neither means the Jets are more or less likely to trade Jamal. Not picking up the option would be news not doing it.

Also signing Adams or trading him is not a binary decision (there are 3 options). It all comes down to perception of value. If Adams insists on $22 million a year then he is likely to be traded or play out his contract as is. If the Jets are willing to make him the highest paid safety (uncertain) and Adams will accept a contract  a little north of $15 million then a contract gets done eventually.

• Upvote 1