NFL Network and YouTube TV Reach New Carriage Agreement

Maxman

NFL Network and NFL RedZone Now Available on YouTube TV in Advance of 2020 NFL Season

NFL Media and YouTube TV today announced a new carriage agreement to bring NFL Network and NFL RedZone to YouTube TV subscribers just in time for Kickoff of the 2020 NFL season.

NFL Network will be available starting today on YouTube TV as part of the base membership. NFL RedZone will be available as part of YouTube TV's new add-on package, called Sports Plus, also launching today, with host Scott Hanson delivering every touchdown from every game to fans on Sunday afternoons during the NFL regular season starting September 13.

"We are excited to bring NFL Network and NFL RedZone to YouTube TV subscribers, just in time for Kickoff of the NFL's 2020 season," said Hans Schroeder, EVP and Chief Operating Officer of NFL Media. "The opportunity to give NFL Network and NFL RedZone the broadest distribution as possible to our fans remains a top priority for us, so we're pleased to bring our lineup of exclusive live games, informative shows and award-winning content to the YouTube TV channel lineup." 

"Sports fans have been some of our most passionate members since we launched YouTube TV, so we're thrilled to introduce NFL Network to our line-up of more than 85 channels, plus NFL RedZone as part of our new Sports Plus add-on package," said Lori Conkling, Global Head of Partnerships at YouTube TV. "This partnership further demonstrates our commitment to offer a premium portfolio of content to our members."

The addition of NFL Network to YouTube TV's channel lineup brings year-round NFL content to fans including live exclusive games, popular live studio shows such as Good Morning Football, NFL GameDay Morning, NFL Now and NFL Total Access, plus award-winning original content series such as A Football Life, NFL 360 and America's Game.

The NFL continues to be the most popular content on television with games accounting for 47 of the top 50 shows on television in 2019. Additionally, digital consumption of NFL content is also on the rise, making NFL programming and content availability on platforms like YouTube TV valuable amongst fans.                                     

Coming soon, YouTube TV customers will also have access to both NFL Network and NFL RedZone through NFL.com and the NFL app on smartphones, tablets, PCs and connected TV devices. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Hell yeah!  I've been busy trying to figure out how to get the NFL Network n Redzone.

Even went as far as signing up for the NFL GameDay package through a home router set up with a VPN with an Indian IP address.  Which isn't a bad idea because then you also get every game for like $125.

No need now though.  I'm cool with local games, NFL Network n redzone.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

NFL Network and NFL RedZone Now Available on YouTube TV in Advance of 2020 NFL Season

NFL Media and YouTube TV today announced a new carriage agreement to bring NFL Network and NFL RedZone to YouTube TV subscribers just in time for Kickoff of the 2020 NFL season.

NFL Network will be available starting today on YouTube TV as part of the base membership. NFL RedZone will be available as part of YouTube TV's new add-on package, called Sports Plus, also launching today, with host Scott Hanson delivering every touchdown from every game to fans on Sunday afternoons during the NFL regular season starting September 13.

"We are excited to bring NFL Network and NFL RedZone to YouTube TV subscribers, just in time for Kickoff of the NFL's 2020 season," said Hans Schroeder, EVP and Chief Operating Officer of NFL Media. "The opportunity to give NFL Network and NFL RedZone the broadest distribution as possible to our fans remains a top priority for us, so we're pleased to bring our lineup of exclusive live games, informative shows and award-winning content to the YouTube TV channel lineup." 

"Sports fans have been some of our most passionate members since we launched YouTube TV, so we're thrilled to introduce NFL Network to our line-up of more than 85 channels, plus NFL RedZone as part of our new Sports Plus add-on package," said Lori Conkling, Global Head of Partnerships at YouTube TV. "This partnership further demonstrates our commitment to offer a premium portfolio of content to our members."

The addition of NFL Network to YouTube TV's channel lineup brings year-round NFL content to fans including live exclusive games, popular live studio shows such as Good Morning Football, NFL GameDay Morning, NFL Now and NFL Total Access, plus award-winning original content series such as A Football Life, NFL 360 and America's Game.

The NFL continues to be the most popular content on television with games accounting for 47 of the top 50 shows on television in 2019. Additionally, digital consumption of NFL content is also on the rise, making NFL programming and content availability on platforms like YouTube TV valuable amongst fans.                                     

Coming soon, YouTube TV customers will also have access to both NFL Network and NFL RedZone through NFL.com and the NFL app on smartphones, tablets, PCs and connected TV devices. 

I just hope they don't raise the price again. It just went from $49.99 to $64.99 two months ago, for the Viacom channels, which I don't need.

I'm still anchored to DirecTV.  Would love to switch to a reliable, cheaper alternative but not willing to sacrifice the convenience of logging into multiple apps, searching for URL's for a certain game to stream, etc.

Just started a thread in the Lounge asking if anyone has negotiated with DirecTV this year over Sunday Ticket...

39 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm still anchored to DirecTV.  Would love to switch to a reliable, cheaper alternative but not willing to sacrifice the convenience of logging into multiple apps, searching for URL's for a certain game to stream, etc.

Just started a thread in the Lounge asking if anyone has negotiated with DirecTV this year over Sunday Ticket...

I considered DirecTV but the pricing was nuts.

It was $110 a month for the lowest package (like 40 channels) with no contract.  Never signing a contract for tv again.

Then add 3 or 4 boxes to rent.  And DVR service. 

Finally, almost $400 I think for the NFL package.

So approaching $1k for four months of their service.  No thanks.

NFL really needs to offer the Sunday Ticket on other services.

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I considered DirecTV but the pricing was nuts.

It was $110 a month for the lowest package (like 40 channels) with no contract.  Never signing a contract for tv again.

Then add 3 or 4 boxes to rent.  And DVR service. 

Finally, almost $400 I think for the NFL package.

So approaching $1k for four months of their service.  No thanks.

NFL really needs to offer the Sunday Ticket on other services.

I've always thought the NFL should have a pay-by-the-drink option for games on TV.  I get the Sunday Ticket so I can watch the Jets in Arizona.  The other games are interesting to me but that's not why I get Sunday Ticket.  If the NFL made every game a Pay Per View event and charged something like $9.99 a game that would probably be better.  It would certainly be much more convenient for someone like me.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Drums said:

75 dollars?!! Wow. Never knew it was that expensive. 

It's $65. Though maybe could go up again with NFL coming on...

Will say this: the unlimited DVR is a game changer. Having every Jet game in HD at your finger tips anywhere you are is pretty darn great. Has helped keep me sane during COVID when we didn't have live sports!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Does it work? I am using VPN its letting me sign up. Is it a good way to watch? 

I never had Gamepass during the season so I can't say. I signed up when they gave it away for free for quarantine and it worked great. The coach's film is awesome.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I've always thought the NFL should have a pay-by-the-drink option for games on TV.  I get the Sunday Ticket so I can watch the Jets in Arizona.  The other games are interesting to me but that's not why I get Sunday Ticket.  If the NFL made every game a Pay Per View event and charged something like $9.99 a game that would probably be better.  It would certainly be much more convenient for someone like me.

The NFL wants their money on up front long term contracts. No way they dink and dunk at $10 per game. 

• Upvote 1