Bombs Away, Perriman & Mims

JetsLife

20 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Whether they hit on them or not: with Perriman and Mims’ speed, behooves the Jets to try several long bombs every game. Open up the underneath areas. For with Crowder, Herndon and L Bell they have plenty of weaponry to work the middle and flat underneath. 

And if Sam connects on some of those bombs, could really transform the Jets offense. Big if, but bombs away Jets!

I'm on board - hope they do it! Even if they miss it will help loosen things up.

I think that’s the underlying philosophy to how they want to construct the offense. And while I’m not sure how effective it will be with this personnel, there certainly have been worse ideas that offensive coordinators have tried to implement here.

39 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Whether they hit on them or not: with Perriman and Mims’ speed, behooves the Jets to try several long bombs every game.

Not this Sunday.  No need to waste those downs.  No way Sam's timing to Perriman and Mims is even close to established, no way the Bills are fooled by attempts to hit them deep.

Ground & Pound with Bell and Gore.  Safe underneath short stuff to keep the pressure off of the OL and Darnold.  Crowder, Hogan, Herndon, and Griffin do all the dirty work over the middle.  Couple of turnovers by our D when Allen panics.

Jets 40
Bills 23

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not this Sunday.  No need to waste those downs.  No way Sam's timing to Perriman and Mims is even close to established, no way the Bills are fooled by attempts to hit them deep.

Ground & Pound with Bell and Gore.  Safe underneath short stuff to keep the pressure off of the OL and Darnold.  Crowder, Hogan, Herndon, and Griffin do all the dirty work over the middle.  Couple of turnovers by our D when Allen panics.

Jets 40
Bills 23

SAR I

can't dislike the optimistic score.  i agree about how they need to approach the offense.  they have two good pass catching te's and they should pose some nice match up problems in the short/mid passing game.  add some good running by bell and gore and they will control the clock and the game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Jets 40
Bills 23

SAR I

Jets 21 

Bills 13

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Agree 100%

Forcing the safety (or safeties depending on coverage) to have to respect the deep ball opens the short and middle passing game for the guys who may be the strength of this offense (Crowder, Bell, Herndon).

That would be a good game plan. I was watching @bla bla bla's stream last night and he had a Bills fan on that said their weakness on D was the nickelback. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Whether they hit on them or not: with Perriman and Mims’ speed, behooves the Jets to try several long bombs every game. Open up the underneath areas. For with Crowder, Herndon and L Bell they have plenty of weaponry to work the middle and flat underneath. 

And if Sam connects on some of those bombs, could really transform the Jets offense. Big if, but bombs away Jets!

Very true but what is Gase gonna do? He's gonna play conservative and try to set up 1 bomb - and when the Jets miss on that one play - that one bomb that he tried to set up all game - that will be the ball game. Then Gase will say we have to hit on that play after the game. Maybe they do have to hit on that 1 play - but it will be Gase's fault that we only tried 1 bomb. No winning with this coach. He's pig headed and he won't try another bomb because we missed on the one that took him most of the game to set up!

11 hours ago, JetsLife said:

Hopefully also Hogan and Berrios underneath if the deep passes stretch the D.

16 hours ago, Drums said:

Haha I was going to a few times but my youtube username says my full name I think so I pulled a Mosley and opted out. I’ll get in there next Tuesday. I love watching you guys on there. ? 

Yeah man. I get it. Make a new account like I do.  I have 4 hahaha 

well, 4 including being allowed to post as JN as well. 

• Haha 1