Sam & the great QB’s of the past

Wonderboy

5 hours ago, nico002 said:

But we live in 2020, after two uninspired performances to open a season with no off season, and having literally his top 5 recievers out, some people are panicking. 

Jets fanbase who have given up on Sam

From left to right 

Jetsfan80, T0mShane, JGB, JW12, Teddey 

42369424-9B2A-4C63-9BDF-098ECA746B2C.jpeg

• Upvote 2

In the days where QBs are now coming in and making an instant impact, the days of growing pains are over. Evolve immediately, or die out. Sam has to produce now or we need to move on. Don't care who the coach is, who is the OC, what weapons he has. When he has a clean pocket, he's trash. When his receivers do get open, he's trash. When he's running for his life, and steps out of bounds instead of throwing it away? Trash.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

This board has gone full feelings over facts. Sam is a bad QB by every objective measure. Pointing out outliers does not support that he is a great QB in disguise, it strengthens the position that he is on the A train to Bustville.

The only outlier the the NE game. 

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

The only outlier the the NE game. 

He's had 4 games in his career where he failed to reach a 40 QB Rating.  The Patriots game (3.6 QB Rating) was one.  The others were against Dolphins (Nov 4, 2018 - 31.8), Vikings (Oct 21, 2018 - 34.4) and Browns (Sep 20, 2018 - 38.2).  

It's not an outlier if he's done it numerous times.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

No one on earth was down on Sam coming off the 2019 season. He single handidly elevated the worst offense in NFL history to respectability and a winning record. He improved in every measurable way from his rookie year despite the worst OL any of us have ever seen and having mono.

Outside of the ghost game, which is the largest statistical outlier in NFL history (literally, look it up) his game average stats projected to 4K yards, 65% comp, and a 2-1 TD int ratio. Since week 9 of 2018 Sam has had TWO multi interception games. 

But we live in 2020, after two uninspired performances to open a season with no off season, and having literally his top 5 recievers out, some people are panicking. 

I was

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wasn't, but I also felt he needed a big year in 2020 or it was time for him to go.  A make or break year, for sure.

2 weeks in and he's broken, with no optimism in sight.  He's got 14 games left to completely change the narrative.  No more excuses or mulligans.

Better late then never welcome aboard!

Happy Mickey Mouse GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, PCP63 said:

In the days where QBs are now coming in and making an instant impact, the days of growing pains are over. Evolve immediately, or die out. Sam has to produce now or we need to move on. Don't care who the coach is, who is the OC, what weapons he has. When he has a clean pocket, he's trash. When his receivers do get open, he's trash. When he's running for his life, and steps out of bounds instead of throwing it away? Trash.

Right so according to your viewpoints guys like Jackson, Watson and Murray come to mind. Jackson and Murray while electric, are a big hit away from being RG III clones. I’ll take a pocket passer like Darnold any day over them since they are both a big hit from being squished like a waterbug. And Watson is going through it now isn’t he w/o Hopkins but who needs weapons. Sam is tough, can take a hit , was formerly a LB and TE. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Jets fanbase who have given up on Sam

42369424-9B2A-4C63-9BDF-098ECA746B2C.jpeg

I get it, buddy (talking to the guy in the last panel on the right with the noose). I'm sick of this mask chit, too. Wait, what? That's a hipster beard? Fck ya, then, die. It's a good thing you don't have a man bun, too, or I'd kill you myself. GodDAMN it.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's had 4 games in his career where he failed to reach a 40 QB Rating.  The Patriots game (3.6 QB Rating) was one.  The others were against Dolphins (Nov 4, 2018 - 31.8), Vikings (Oct 21, 2018 - 34.4) and Browns (Sep 20, 2018 - 38.2).  

It's not an outlier if he's done it numerous times.

Way to pick a completely arbitrary number to fabricate your point. A 40 rating holds no relationship to a 3.8 rating. In fact a 40 rating is 7x closer to a 153 rating than it is to a 3.8 rating. Darnold had a 90 average outside of the 3.8. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

1. To say that Darnold hasn’t made an immediate impact is false. Without Darnold this team is picking #1 three years in a row 

2. The QBs making “impacts” early most notably mahaomes, Jackson, and originally Goff all have one thing in coming- incredible coaching, systems designed to simplify the game and maximize their strengths, and incredible talent around them. To ignore such things is irrational. Look at Carson wentz, he’s probably the second third most talented QB in the NFL and is now “regressing” because the team around him is trash. 

I just read that article about wentz too. I am guessing that just about every darnold hater would trade him for wentz.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

This board has gone full feelings over facts. Sam is a bad QB by every objective measure. Pointing out outliers does not support that he is a great QB in disguise, it strengthens the position that he is on the A train to Bustville.

I don’t know ANY poster on this board who has declared Sam to be great. He hasn’t excelled like many new qb’s, past or present but that’s not the point. And to label him a bust is beyond stupid. He’s shown potential and is worth the wait to come around. The qb’s I mentioned went through even more difficult times than Sam has, overcame their obstacles and bloomed to become all time greats. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Way to pick a completely arbitrary number to fabricate your point. A 40 rating holds no relationship to a 3.8 rating. In fact a 40 rating is 7x closer to a 153 rating than it is to a 3.8 rating. Darnold had a 90 average outside of the 3.8. 

7x closer you say, and here I thought a 40 rating was bad,

• Haha 3