Bell to the Dolphins, Chiefs or Bills per Jeremy Fowler

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

Miami makes perfect sense. After the Fins crush the Jets Sunday and KC beats Buffalo,  Miami we'll be 1 game out of first. Fitz is slinging the ball all over. Hes has really good young WRs and a nice TE. Miami o linenis much improved as well. Add Bell if he's used the right way and he will prosper. 

TE? He can't be any good, He did nothing while Gase coached him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

But then he trades 2 first rounders for cmart...

Haha, right. 

Although, another Parcells thing was always to get "his guys" in the building. I think he looked at Curtis as a great football player and great guy to have in the building. 

On paper, almost no running back is worth 2 1st rounders, IMO

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

With any of the 3 we will be seeing him. I'm sure he'll have 10+ receptions and 150+ all purpose yards.

And what about in the 2nd half? One thing NFL HCs love to do is embarrass an interloper into their little club

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Haha, right. 

Although, another Parcells thing was always to get "his guys" in the building. I think he looked at Curtis as a great football player and great guy to have in the building. 

On paper, almost no running back is worth 2 1st rounders, IMO

Parcells was building a culture—something Jets needed then as now

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

3rd round proves nothing. 1st for Sony is a good point though I will grant. 

Using a 1st and a 3rd in back to back drafts proves that he does value RBs, just that he values them when they are young and has no interest in EVER signing a high priced RB in free agency. Unfortunately, Sony Michel's body is about the same age as Frank Gore's. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What if he asks each of our remaining opponents to sign him for 1 game against the Jets, and then cuts him loose?  Thus ensuring Bell is on the field against the Jets in every game.  

That’s one way to get back on the HOF track!

Bell’s agent should be thrown into the fires of Mt. Doom. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Using a 1st and a 3rd in back to back drafts proves that he does value RBs, just that he values them when they are young and has no interest in EVER signing a high priced RB in free agency. Unfortunately, Sony Michel's body is about the same age as Frank Gore's. 

Yeah you’ve convinced me I was not precise enough with my original statement 

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

He wants to be lead dog for sure. Lead dog on a winner 

He's not going to be a lead dog on any of the other 31 teams.  His best bet for touches will be a place where he's the clear RB2 who then takes over RB1 duties if/when an injury occurs.  

KC fits the bill there.  They have nothing behind Edwards-Helaire.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He's not going to be a lead dog on any of the other 31 teams.  His best bet for touches will be a place where he's the clear RB2 who then takes over RB1 duties if/when an injury occurs.  

KC fits the bill there.  They have nothing behind Edwards-Helaire.

He could be lead on a couple teams miami and chargers come to mind maybe rams 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

He could be lead on a couple teams chargers come to mind maybe rams 

Meh.  The Chargers seem to be doing OK with Joshua Kelley and Justin Jackson, and the moment Ekeler comes back, he's the RB1 again.

The Rams have a huge crowd at RB, and they used a high pick on Akers (who isn't even the starter right now).  Bell would be the RB3 there, contending with Malcolm Brown for touches.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh.  The Chargers seem to be doing OK with Joshua Kelley and Justin Jackson, and the moment Ekeler comes back, he's the RB1 again.

The Rams have a huge crowd at RB, and they used a high pick on Akers (who isn't even the starter right now).  Bell would be the RB3 there, contending with Malcolm Brown for touches.

Will be very interesting where he chooses to go—he learned a valuable lesson that landing spot matters a lot more than the max value of a non-guaranteed contract

Just now, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

Could happen.

The Dolphins shocked Beleichick last season in Foxboro. Fitz threw 3 INTs vs NE this year and the Dolphins were still in the game.

COVID is the great equalizer this year. Well, except for the Jets because we lose to every team’s second stringers 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Should’ve taken the Pitt deal. He very probably cost himself the HOF which translates into forever money 

I think he was trying to be a modern day Curt Flood.  RB's are screwed by the current CBA and he wanted to make a point.  Admirable, if I'm correct about that.  Because its true.  RB's get run into the ground on their rookie deals and only a special few get a big 2nd contract.

The real mistake might have been turning down whatever the Colts were offering to come here.  They were rumored to be the other team involved in the bidding war for his services.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think he was trying to be a modern day Curt Flood.  RB's are screwed by the current CBA and he wanted to make a point.  Admirable, if I'm correct about that.  

The real mistake might have been turning down whatever the Colts were offering to come here.  They were rumored to be the other team involved in the bidding war for his services.

Didn’t know colts angle. Pittsburg is the warm blossom for WRs and RBs. Now he knows how cold the world is away from momma

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

COVID is the great equalizer this year. Well, except for the Jets because we lose to every team’s second stringers 

It s.

The whole season is a train wreck. If the Jets have the worst record, who cares if the plus side is nabbing Lawrence. I believe that Darnold is good, but is not going to be great. Lawrence is cocky and has balls so I really doubt that he would pull a puxxy move and refuse to show up as Jet.