College game day Oct 17...

Beerfish

Who we got going today?  The big Georgia vs Bama game, is that a night game?  Sans Saban most likely.

What lower talent team do the Lawrence fans see their boy god beat up on today?

I watched parts of a couple lower echelon games last night that were entertaining.    Houston vs BYU and the Green Wave vs SMU I think.

• Upvote 2

What's the deal with Saban?

He tested positive for COVID less than a week ago....now is negative all of a sudden???

Ha!...SEC football.   Probably had an intern take a blood test for him! lol

"Hey everybody!  Nick Saban is cured.  His blood tested negative....and amazingly he's also a different blood type than he was last week but whatevs!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Good thing I seen this thread, as I was seconds away from making one myself and you know the board police would have woke up from hypernation to let me have it for making a duplicate.

Georgia Tech has a freshman QB that looks like the NFL prototype. Of course he doesn't have the supporting case. But he'll be playing on Sundays 3 years from now.

I'm disappointed to not watch Pitt (TE, Florida) play.

53 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who we got going today?  The big Georgia vs Bama game, is that a night game?  Sans Saban most likely

8 PM NY time. Huge game. I still think there is a chance two SEC teams wind up in the playoffs. If we were to beat Bama tonight, they could get us in the SEC Championship and that would probably be more impressive to the NCAA committee than anyone Ohio State breezes by. Georgia has to treat this like a playoff game though. I know that it’s only the 4th game into the year but the outcome of this game means a lot. Go Georgia!

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What lower talent team do the Lawrence fans see their boy god beat up on today?

Meh.. really isn’t much T. Lawrence can do about who he plays. He’s beaten top college teams before. I don’t think any of these current games are worthy of mentioning as it pertains to his college resume or how good he is. We already know he’s an animal . We know he’s beaten 18’ Alabama, 19’ Ohio State, 18’ Notre Dame, etc.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

So I've never see Trevor Lawrence play.   Just turned on the Clemson game and the moment it came on, boom, TD pass.

I take that as a sign from God that he is going to be a Jet.

SAR I

That's funny cause when I turned the game on, he tossed a ball directly at his WRs feet from 10 yards out. 

THATS a sign he is going to be a Jet. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So I've never see Trevor Lawrence play.   Just turned on the Clemson game and the moment it came on, boom, TD pass.

I take that as a sign from God that he is going to be a Jet.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That's funny cause when I turned the game on, he tossed a ball directly at his WRs feet from 10 yards out. 

Lol, I really hope we aren’t going to over analyze every throw this kid makes between now & December. He’s not going to be perfect every snap but he’s damn near robotic with his consistency in throwing motion/release. 

I don’t think he’s a better prospect than Andrew Luck but for the guys that don’t believe Trevor Lawrence is the absolute truth, idk what to tell you, I don’t understand what you’re seeing. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Well I just saw my second ever Trevor Lawrence throw and that was a TD too.

So far, the sum total of my Trevor Lawrence experience looks like this:

2/2, 2 TD's, 95 yards, 100% completions, QBR 158.3

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I am sure if Adam Gase was coaching him he would do better 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol, I really hope we aren’t going to over analyze every throw this kid makes between now & December. He’s not going to be perfect every snap but he’s damn near robotic with his consistency in throwing motion/release. 

I don’t think he’s a better prospect than Andrew Luck but for the guys that don’t believe Trevor Lawrence is the absolute truth, idk what to tell you, I don’t understand what you’re seeing. 

I dont understand why the majority of the board is willing to look past any errors.

When have we done that with any player? 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Well seeing as I turned to a different game after the throw I saw, my experience is:

0/1 0 TDs, 0 Yards, 0% completions, QBR 0.0

All in the perspective lol. 

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I dont understand why the majority of the board is willing to look past any errors.

When have we done that with any player? 

As mentioned, I don’t think he’s flawless, his ball placement isn’t always perfect, he has a tendency to let the ball sail at times and there’s probably a few others I could name off but at the end of the day, I don’t think I’ve seen many QB’s this good. you take the good with the bad and you understand what’s weighs more when it’s said & done. Trevor Lawrence is absolutely a top tier prospect. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Bad decision. First interception of the season so not sure how much Darnold he has available in him to channel lmao

Lol yeah first INT, I know. I'm being a dickhead. 

But still, Darnold throws that same interception? This board would catch on fire. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

But still, Darnold throws that same interception? This board would catch on fire. 

Well when TL throws the same in a jets uniform it will happen .

But right now TL is in college 

And Darnold with 3 years experience throws the same interceptions 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I agree and disagree.

One of the things I really like about Lawrence is his varied throws. He understands when to toss a short lob, how to lead guys in stride, when to fire bullet passes, and when to place back shoulder fades.

Add in the footwork, his play action, and his running ability... I see a legit FQB. 

**As I type this he throws his first interception in a year, by throwing up a pass without setting his feet (he looks remarkably similar to Darnold on that pass, btw). Even then, I kinda like how he jogs off the field after a bad play. He exudes CONFIDENCE.  Like, he KNOWS what he did. Unlike Sam, who has the “what happened??” look on his face after a turnover. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

Well when TL throws the same in a jets uniform it will happen .

But right now TL is in college 

And Darnold with 3 years experience throws the same interceptions 

Context. 

Darnold is only 1.5 years older than Lawrence and been a QB for half the time when factoring HS/College/Pro. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Easily. I also think it’s easier to catch on fire when Darnold is in year 3 of the NFL & doing these things lol. I had a ton of hope for the kid but that “he doesn’t make the same mistake twice” bullsh*t definitely didn’t age well.?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Well seeing as I turned to a different game after the throw I saw, my experience is:

0/1 0 TDs, 0 Yards, 0% completions, QBR 0.0

All in the perspective lol. 

I literally just came back in from the garage, looked at the screen, and he threw another TD!

I am now 3/3, 3 TD's, 120 yards, 100% completions, QBR 158.3

LOL, this is crazy.  The first three times I look at a Trevor Lawrence game, 3 TD's.  Definitely a sign from God.  

SAR I