College game day Oct 17...

Beerfish

38 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Lawrence is the truth. If we get the 1st pick and he returns to school, that’ll be a tough pill to swallow.

How many times can people repeat this?  Its this perverse need to see doom and gloom everywhere,

Hes said hes leaving after this season.  

Dabo has talked about his leaving.

But we're still thinking hes going to stay just to screw with us

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

This guy Lawrence looks like he was built in a lab to be the perfect QB. 6’6, cannon for an arm, pin point accuracy. And can run if he wants too. Jets fans can only hope we land him

Sounds like Justin Herbert without a sh*tty head coach and an even worse receiver core.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Trevor lawrence demanded to play during av pandemic despite having accomplished everything you could possibly wish to accomplish. That kind of kid doesn't shy away from a challenge even one as daunting as turning around the Jets franchise.

Agreed.  I am not buying any of these "he will stay in school instead of going to the Jets" arguments.  If you expect to go #1 overall in the draft, you are probably going to a bad siutation.  Most likely 1 overall will be either us, the Giants or Washington.  Barring a major trade up, he is probably going to a bad situation where he will be part of the rebuild.

• Upvote 2

How many times can people repeat this?  Its this perverse need to see doom and gloom everywhere,
Hes said hes leaving after this season.  
Dabo has talked about his leaving.
But we're still thinking hes going to stay just to screw with us

For some of us, the Peyton Manning scar is still pretty fresh. In the end you’re probably right, but I’ve (we’ve) heard it all before. I just want to get through these 11 games, lock up 1st pick and never think about Adam Gase again.

Anyone watching Auburn-S Carolina.  Really like this freshman RB for Auburn, Tank Bigsby.  Flashed a bit against Georgia and looking really good against Kentucy.  Haven't used him out of the backfield today, but he had some nice plays against us both rushing and receiving.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Anyone watching Auburn-S Carolina.  Really like this freshman RB for Auburn, Tank Bigsby.  Flashed a bit against Georgia and looking really good against Kentucy.  Haven't used him out of the backfield today, but he had some nice plays against us both rushing and receiving.

He’s a beast, a grown man already.   I’m surprised your Dawgs let him out of Georgia.  Can’t sign them all I guess.   He’s a really good receiver though.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

What's the deal with Saban?

He tested positive for COVID less than a week ago....now is negative all of a sudden???

Ha!...SEC football.   Probably had an intern take a blood test for him! lol

"Hey everybody!  Nick Saban is cured.  His blood tested negative....and amazingly he's also a different blood type than he was last week but whatevs!"

Nah false positives are everywhere. I know a large group of people that tested positive they all retested 2 or 3 times within a week and all were negative. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Lith said:

If that isn't the best name for a RB.  I dont know what is.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s a beast, a grown man already.   I’m surprised your Dawgs let him out of Georgia.  Can’t sign them all I guess.   He’s a really good receiver though.  

I think he ws looking for a place where he would get more carries as a freshman.  With us, he would have been comepting with Zamir White, James Cook, Kendall Milton and Kenny McIntosh.  At Auburn, he is already established as their #1 option.

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

One thing - I was really looking forward to Florida vs LSU today.

You get to look forward unitl December now.  And how bad does Dan Mullen look after arguing to allow a full stadium this week, only to have an outbreak on  his team a few days later.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

Sounds like Justin Herbert without a sh*tty head coach and an even worse receiver core.

This Herbert was very similar to Lawrence, which is why it always blew my mind that the same people that were calling Herbert a bust were saying that Lawrence was a generational qb. Literally could never understand how people could hate Herbert but like Lawrence, they are very similar qbs. Heck, expect Lawrence to get more Justin Herbert comparisons when the draft comes up.

1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:

For some of us, the Peyton Manning scar is still pretty fresh. In the end you’re probably right, but I’ve (we’ve) heard it all before. I just want to get through these 11 games, lock up 1st pick and never think about Adam Gase again.

Theres no Peyton Manning scar, its a Parcells scar for not telling Archie he would take his kid with the #1

1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:

Peyton stayed in school because he never heard from the Tuna who was only going to coach 3 years and didn't want to use the top pick on a QB.

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He sure doesnt look like that player today though

Going through 4 coaches, 3 OCs (2 of who shouldn't even be in P5 football) and being forced to learn the option, GC offense, and pistol sets all before you play your first NFL game... might be a little stifling.

Nobody ever saw what Herbert was capable of because nobody ever researched his college background.  The film showed nothing because he was being misused.  In fact.  There was TOO much film.  A team can't just send somebody to a game every once in a while.  They have to really follow them like college BB coaches.  Hell.  Elway came to a few Oregon games and didn't see sh-t.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

You get to look forward unitl December now.  And how bad does Dan Mullen look after arguing to allow a full stadium this week, only to have an outbreak on  his team a few days later.

He doubled down on it too.  I thought at first maybe he just said it out frustrating after the loss but he didn’t back down the next day.  ******* moron.