College game day Oct 17...

Beerfish

Just now, JTJet said:

And if we draft Trevor, this would change for us how? 

Well hopefully the cancer head coach is fired way before April and then we’ll see where we are with play callers & what Lawrence might look like with said play caller.

I understand our failures aren't isolated to only the QB but you can’t expect us to have the same offense next season. Totally out of the question imo. It’s abysmal.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

8 PM NY time. Huge game. I still think there is a chance two SEC teams wind up in the playoffs. If we were to beat Bama tonight, they could get us in the SEC Championship and that would probably be more impressive to the NCAA committee than anyone Ohio State breezes by. Georgia has to treat this like a playoff game though. I know that it’s only the 4th game into the year but the outcome of this game means a lot. Go Georgia!

Meh.. really isn’t much T. Lawrence can do about who he plays. He’s beaten top college teams before. I don’t think any of these current games are worthy of mentioning as it pertains to his college resume or how good he is. We already know he’s an animal . We know he’s beaten 18’ Alabama, 19’ Ohio State, 18’ Notre Dame, etc.

And was meh vs ohio state last year and got exposed vs lsu last year as a can do no wrong generational talent.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well hopefully the cancer head coach is fired way before April and then we’ll see where we are with play callers & what Lawrence might look like with said play caller.

I understand our failures aren't isolated to only the QB but you can’t expect us to have the same offense next season. Totally out of the question imo. It’s abysmal.

Hopefully. 

Stranger sh*t has happened in the NFL. Marvin Lewis coaches the Bengals for like 15 years through some abysmal seasons. 

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And was meh vs ohio state last year and got exposed vs lsu last year as a can do no wrong generational talent.

Oh wow he’s not a perfect QB who can actually do no wrong, definitely got exposed for that.? 

First of all, he threw 18-33, 259 yards, 2 TD’s and 0 INT’s on a QB rating of 140.5 

Second of all, he burned them for a 64 yard rushing touchdown and ended the game with 107 rushing yards on 16 attempts.

you really wanna call that meh? Fine guess we all have different standards of “meh”.

as for LSU, that might of been the most dominate team I have ever seen play college football from the coaches down to the QB, the offensive playmakers and the defensive playmakers. Pretty sure LSU wipes out a few NFL teams last year if it came to that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I don’t think anyone is denying he’s not lol. Everyone seems to agree he’s the best prospect coming out of college in quite some time. Some say the best ever 

There are definitely people here in denial.

22 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Definitely not. Today is about Georgia vs Alabama. Weird to assume a season may be on the line in Week 4 but it’s probably the case. You ready? @Lith.

Yup.  I am ready.  Wearing my Dawgs t-shirt.  Georgia neck gaiter at hand if I need to run out today.  Even have some Smithwicks and Guinness in the fridge to have a couple of black and tans tonight, which will be referred to as Red and Blacks for the evening.

Go Dawgs

54f6836601e7d_-_guinness-black-tan-400.jpg?crop=1xw:1.0xh;center,top&resize=480:*

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Lawrence is the truth. If we get the 1st pick and he returns to school, that’ll be a tough pill to swallow.

He already said he was turning pro. Rex is friends with Woody and Dabo. Hopefully he puts in a good word and the jets hire an enticing head coach.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Yup.  I am ready.  Wearing my Dawgs t-shirt.  Georgia neck gaiter at hand if I need to run out today.  Even have some Smithwicks and Guinness in the fridge to have a couple of black and tans tonight, which will be referred to as Red and Blacks for the evening.

Go Dawgs

54f6836601e7d_-_guinness-black-tan-400.jpg?crop=1xw:1.0xh;center,top&resize=480:*

Going to be one hell of a game! If Stetson and the offense have some success moving the ball on Bama (hopefully so with the way Bama’s D has looked) then I think we can get out to an early start. We have to contain their run game though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Go Dawgs

Best of luck to you today.   I’ll be rooting hard for the Dawgs.   Of course Saban tested negative on his last 3 COVID tests, did anyone really think he wasn’t coaching today?....Lol. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Going to be one hell of a game! If Stetson and the offense have some success moving the ball on Bama (hopefully so with the way Bama’s D has looked) then I think we can get out to an early start. We have to contain their run game though.

They have had our number recently.  5 straight Ls.  Including heartbreaking losses in 3 of the last 4.  We have not beaten them since 2007, Saban's first season in Tuscaloosa.  Hoping for the best, but its hard for me to be confident heading into tonight.

Go Dawgs!!!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

They have had our number recently.  5 straight Ls.  Including heartbreaking losses in 3 of the last 4.  We have not beaten them since 2007, Saban's first season in Tuscaloosa.  Hoping for the best, but its hard for me to be confident heading into tonight.

Go Dawgs!!!

True enough. Only been around for a few of those but the last one broke my heart. Jake Fromm couldn’t deliver in the clutch. I did think that there was a pass interference on the last play of the drive on that Riley Ridley drop. That’s what put us out. Looking forward to a different outcome tonight.