Are you happy with this loss?

Bronx

I don’t know why some are acting like Lawrence would be walking into the same sh*tty situation.

Upwards of $100 million in cap space, probably at least 6 picks in the Top 100 alone, another two 1st rounders in 2022, etc.

Say the Jets sign a legit wideout like Robinson or Godwin, land another cornerstone OL like Thuney (who was supposedly JD’s #1 target last year) and maybe bring in a decent receiving TE like Gerald Everett...then they walk away from the Top 35 with Lawrence, Trey Smith and Etienne/Harris.

QB Trevor Lawrence 

RB Travis Etienne

WR Allen Robinson

WR Denzel Mims

WR Jamison Crowder

TE Gerald Everett 

LT Mekhi Becton 

LG Joe Thuney

C Connor McGovern

RG Trey Smith

RT George Fant 

Please explain to me how the hell that is some kind of dire supporting cast for a young QB? And it’s all perfectly attainable.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Hey I have been one of the biggest proponents of draft position over meaningless wins over the years.  This however is a lousy pats team a team that has owned us for 15 years and people are still happy to be owned.  This is also a mid season game not some last game or so of the year to screw draft position.

In any case, on to Cincinnati!

I didn’t feel owned.  Felt like we remain in the drivers seat to fix the most important issue with this team.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Hey I have been one of the biggest proponents of draft position over meaningless wins over the years.  This however is a lousy pats team a team that has owned us for 15 years and people are still happy to be owned.  This is also a mid season game not some last game or so of the year to screw draft position.

In any case, on to Cincinnati!

Being owned by NE when both Brady and Bellichick were the bobsy twins and the Jets were a poor to middling team, was frustrating.

Losing to the Pats, when the Jets outplayed the Pats, and there is a a supposed prize for ineptitude(a first or second overall pick) feels almost like a win. 

We talk about about the Jets being Jetsy all the time on this site. And it is often a thing. Jetsy would have been blocking that field goal (and a former Jet kicker) and returning it for a score. No confetti would have fallen from the sky. We would be sitting here for 2 weeks wondering why us, as we agonizingly watch a team from Northeast Florida. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I keep telling people that "What I want" has nothing to do with the actual results. All I can do is react to what happens.

Unless, you are telling me that rooting actually does have a causal effect? Maybe, I am the reason the Jets are not doing well? Maybe, it is me that has been holding the Jets back?

Sorry guys. My bad.

Cool story dude.

24 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t know why some are acting like Lawrence would be walking into the same sh*tty situation.

Yep, your cool John Madden Football Fantasy will totally happen.  Sh*t, why did I ever doubt?  Clearly next year we're a Super Bowl contender!  And all it takes is an 0-16 season and a historically bad team, that will turn around completely in 2021?  

Some of you are truly delusional.  Year, after year, after year, after year........

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Yep, your cool John Madden Football Fantasy will totally happen.  sh*t, why did I doubt?  Clearly next year we're a Super Bowl contender!  

Some of you are truly delusional.  Year, after year, after year, after year........

So why do you even stick around?

Why even follow the team at all if it makes you so utterly miserable?

I’d just find other sh*t to do on Sundays if I were you.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Why, why are you NEVER happy with a loss? Some losses are very good. They create wins later. 

Name one?  I don't care about draft position in normal years.  Good teams find players no matter where they draft.  Just look at getting bechton, he was the 4th or 5th LT in the draft?

This year I would like the top pick because it will either bring a great prospect here or we trade for a million picks but tanking has never worked.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

We're hearing all the same B.S. we heard before we got Sam Darnold.

Never mention Sam as a prospect coming out - when in comparison to Trevor as a generational prospect coming out - within the same sentence, ever again; please and thank you. 

Sam Darnold: 

Record of 22-5 (.814%). 

0 National Championship Game appearances. 

549/846 (64.9%). 

7,229 passing yards. 

8.5 yards per pass attempt. 

57 TD's/22 INT's (20 fumbles). 

2.59 TD to INT Ratio. 

137 rushes, 332 rushing yards (2.4 yards per carry) and 7 rushing TDs. 

QB Rating of 153.7. 

Trevor Lawrence:

Record of 35-1 (.972%). 

2 (potentially 3) National Championship Game appearances) 

662/995 (66.5%). 

8,778 passing yards. 

8.8 yards per pass attempt.

83 TD's/14 INT's (6 fumbles). 

5.92 TD to INT Ratio. 

192 rushes, 811 rushing yards (4.2 yards per carry) and 14 rushing TDs).

QB Rating: 165.4. 

You know what else separates the two outside of wins, playoff wins, national championship game appearances and overall statistical production and performance?

A.) Sam was never rated as the #1 High School recruit within the entire Country coming out (Trevor was one of the biggest HS QB prospects of All-Time, like Peyton Manning). 

B.) Sam was an absolute turnover machine @ USC with 22 INT/20 fumbles (Trevor just almost broke the all time NCAA record for most pass attempts without an INT). 

C.) Sam was a converted HS LINEBACKER (Trevor's parents had him a professional QB trainer while in MIDDLE SCHOOL compared to Sam who was learning how to tackle @ that age) which is probably why Sam still can't read defenses. 

D.) While Sam was in middle school playing Linebacker, Trevor Lawrence became the first kid of his home town, ever, at his future HS; to practice with the Varsity Football Team while in MIDDLE SCHOOL (and absolutely destroyed them). 

I'm an FSU fan and absolutely crazed ACC Football and Dan Marino (just in college) was a little before my time but the likes of Donovan McNabb (Syracuse) was the most electric athlete I witnessed, Philip Rivers (NC State) was the biggest can't miss NFL prospect I can remember, Jameis Winston of my FSU (although turnover prone) was the funnest QB I ever experienced with a backyard football style of play, Deshaun Watson (Clemson) was the most dangerous I've ever witnessed, Mike Vick (VT) and then Lamar Jackson (Louisville) were the most exciting I've ever witnessed; but Trevor Lawrence (by far too) is the most polished, most focused and without question the greatest ACC Quarterback I've ever laid my eyes on as an FSU fan and the #1 generational QB prospect that I've ever seen come out since dating back to Peyton Manning (of the SEC). 

But yes. Please never mention Sam within the same sentence as Trevor, ever again and thank you lol because it makes you out to appear/seem as if you're someone who's never even really watched a lick of NCAA college football; because anyone (and I do mean anyone) who can compare "Sam USC turnover machine) to TREVOR LAWRENCE... Must not watch NCAA Football (or know what their watching, while watching etc). 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

So why do you even stick around?

Why even follow the team at all if it makes you so utterly miserable?

I’d just find other sh*t to do on Sundays if I were you.

Why do YOU stick around?  Rooting for your own team to lose year after year after year, why bother?

I'd find other sh*t to do on Sundays if all I was going to do is root AGAINST the team I claimed to root for.

Let's be clear, last night, you and Pats Fans were INDISTINGUISHABLE.  One and the same.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Never mention Sam as a prospect coming out - when in comparison to Trevor as a generational prospect coming out - within the same sentence, ever again; please and thank you. 

Sam Darnold: 

Record of 22-5 (.814%). 

0 National Championship Game appearances. 

549/846 (64.9%). 

7,229 passing yards. 

8.5 yards per pass attempt. 

57 TD's/22 INT's (20 fumbles). 

2.59 TD to INT Ratio. 

137 rushes, 332 rushing yards (2.4 yards per carry) and 7 rushing TDs. 

QB Rating of 153.7. 

Trevor Lawrence:

Record of 35-1 (.972%). 

2 (potentially 3) National Championship Game appearances) 

662/995 (66.5%). 

83 TD's/14 INT's (6 fumbles). 

5.92 TD to INT Ratio. 

192 rushes, 811 rushing yards (4.2 yards per carry) and 14 rushing TDs).

QB Rating: 165.4. 

You know what else separates the two outside of wins, playoff wins, national championship game appearances and overall statistical production and performance?

A.) Sam was never rated as the #1 High School recruit within the entire Country coming out (Trevor was one of the biggest HS QB prospects of All-Time, like Peyton Manning). 

B.) Sam was an absolute turnover machine @ USC with 22 INT/20 fumbles (Trevor just almost broke the all time NCAA record for most pass attempts without an INT). 

C.) Sam was a converted HS LINEBACKER (Trevor's parents had him a professional QB trainer while in MIDDLE SCHOOL compared to Sam who was learning how to tackle @ that age) which is probably why Sam still can't read defenses. 

D.) While Sam was in middle school playing Linebacker, Trevor Lawrence became the first kid of his home town, ever, at his future HS; to practice with the Varsity Football Team while in MIDDLE SCHOOL (and absolutely destroyed them). 

I'm an FSU fan and absolutely crazed ACC Football and Dan Marino (just in college) was a little before my time but the likes of Donovan McNabb (Syracuse) was the most electric athlete I witnessed, Philip Rivers (NC State) was the biggest can't miss NFL prospect I can remember, Jameis Winston of my FSU (although turnover prone) was the funnest QB I ever experienced with a backyard football style of play, Deshaun Watson (Clemson) was the most dangerous I've ever witnessed, Mike Vick (VT) and then Lamar Jackson (Louisville) were the most exciting I've ever witnessed; but Trevor Lawrence (by far too) is the most polished, most focused and without question the greatest ACC Quarterback I've ever laid my eyes on as an FSU fan and the #1 generational QB prospect that I've ever seen come out since dating back to Peyton Manning (of the SEC). 

But yes. Please never mention Sam within the same sentence as Trevor, ever again and thank you lol because it makes you out to appear/seem as if you're someone who's never even really watched a lick of NCAA college football. 

Cool novel, and a great example of how quickly folks forget.  I was a doubter of Sam from day 1, and was proven 100% right on him.  A fact all the "All in on Darnold" folks now conveniently forget.....as they always do.

And yet, every time, I get the same wrong-almost-always guys giving me sh*t like they ever predicted anything accurately.

It's a bloody laugh.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Cool. I am now have rooting interest in a 7 time Super Bowl winner. 

No, you were just rooting for the same team to win last night.  

Here is my distinction:  Accepting a loss is fine.  Knowing it might pay dividends later is fine, after the game.

Rooting for a loss isn't.

To each their own.  Clearly I'm in the tiny minority on JN on this issue, so be it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yep, your cool John Madden Football Fantasy will totally happen.  Sh*t, why did I ever doubt?  Clearly next year we're a Super Bowl contender!  And all it takes is an 0-16 season and a historically bad team, that will turn around completely in 2021?  

Ok, so what will turn it around?  

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Name one?  I don't care about draft position in normal years.  Good teams find players no matter where they draft.  Just look at getting bechton, he was the 4th or 5th LT in the draft?

This year I would like the top pick because it will either bring a great prospect here or we trade for a million picks but tanking has never worked.

Is that what you think the Jets are doing? Tanking?

Are you saying that there is no benefit to picking number one overall?

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Apparently, only Trevor Lawrence.  

/shrug

I think I'll pass on doing any more of this today. 

sisyphus-2.jpg

Enjoy the day guys, glad you got what you all wanted, and at least some of you are happy today, and maybe you'll all turn out right after all this time. 

Who knows.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Why do YOU stick around?  Rooting for your own team to lose year after year after year, why bother?

I'd find other sh*t to do on Sundays if all I was going to do is root AGAINST the team I claimed to root for.

Let's be clear, last night, you and Pats Fans were INDISTINGUISHABLE.  One and the same.

Are you seriously this dense?

What is it that you fail to comprehend about wanting to potentially set this team up for 15+ years of contention instead of eeking out a meaningless couple of wins in a completely lost season?

Where does 3-13 or 4-12 get us besides stranded up sh*ts creek without a paddle for the foreseeable future?

I could care less about winning games with a 40 year old QB and a 40 year old RB leading the charge at 0-8.

I want Adam Gase gone. I want Trevor Lawrence in a Jets uniform for the better part of the next two decades.

You know how we achieve that? By continuing to lose for the next 7 weeks.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I've noticed your Clemson logo around here for many of years and I swear, if we land Trevor Lawrence? You become an instant JN legend lol

In a seriousness, I watched a lot of Watson as an FSU fan but I already know not as much as you had the opportunity to do so) but when I say that A.) Watson was the most dangerous ACC QB I ever feared and B.) Trevor Lawrence is the most polished, most focused and all around GREATEST ACC QB I've ever witnessed am I C.) Wrong for feeling like this and wanting us to lose out for him?

Just now, JiF said:

What's more delusional?

Thinking that 1 win with a QB who wont be hear next season vs. the worst Patriots team in 35 years is going to somehow change the culture of the NY Jets who are likely going to be led by a different HC with a completely different team next season and believe that this 1 will have some sort of momentum for next season after seeing the same team in reference finish 6-2 last season only to start 0-8 the following season? 

or

Hoping that by losing every game you secure the #1 overall pick that could lead to an actual QB and/or a boat load of picks will make the Jets better in the long term?

I don't want the team I love to be in the history books as one of the worst teams to ever play professional football.

If that is wrong, so be it JiF old friend.  If it's short-sighted, so be it.  If I'm wrong because I'm not all-in on the Lord and Savior Trevor Lawrence being a fix-all for this franchise, so be it.

Don't know how else to say it, and it probably wouldn't matter anyway.  Like a drowning man, most of you folks have bought into T.L. and the #1 pick as a life preserver in an ocean of sh*t.  Since it appears we're doomed to 0-16 now regardless, I hope you all are right.  I hope we're not back here having this same conversation in a few years the way we are now with Darnold, the last Savior in many minds here.

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Are you seriously this dense?

What is it that you fail to comprehend about wanting to potentially set this team up for 15+ years of contention instead of eeking out a meaningless couple of wins in a completely lost season?

Where does 3-13 or 4-12 get us besides stranded up sh*ts creek without a paddle for the foreseeable future?

I could care less about winning games with a 40 year old QB and a 40 year old RB leading the charge at 0-8.

I want Adam Gase gone. I want Trevor Lawrence in a Jets uniform for the better part of the next two decades.

You know how we achieve that? By continuing to lose for the next 7 weeks.

Every word of this post could be taken from a similar post, yours or others, the year before we drafted Darnold.  

15+ years of contention, got it.  Well, I hope you're 100% right, I'd certainly love 15+ years of contention.  We certainly didn't get it the last time posts like this were flying fast and furious at JN.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, you were just rooting for the same team to win last night.  

Here is my distinction:  Accepting a loss is fine.  Knowing it might pay dividends later is fine, after the game.

Rooting for a loss isn't.

To each their own.  Clearly I'm in the tiny minority on JN on this issue, so be it.

Last night's 4th quarter was a strange journey for me.  Of course, I want the Jets to be in the best potential post-season situation for draft and other personnel moves.  But when the Jets had the lead through the 1st half, the true colors came out.  In my heart I wanted the jets to win and to win convincingly.  The internal conflict was awful and my heart was racing.  In the end, I was satisfied that we are still on track for the #1, but my heart and soul wanted that win.  Brain does not always work in collaboration with emotion.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

I wasn't, because I don't believe in quitting and losing. Also, a #1 pick doesn't guarantee you anything (see Baker Mayfield's career and other busts).

If you were happy losing last night, you should change your status from loyal to disgraceful.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you dont think like I do..     you are a disgrace.  Get a life.  FFS a meaningless win to have a shot at a potential stud or 2.. yeah... no question.. sign me up.   

• Upvote 1