Are you happy with this loss?

Bronx

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yup, I can recall all those late season wins that cost us several draft spots, and how they propelled us into the next year. Momentum from one year to the next in the NFL, where at least 25% of a roster is overturned is a real thing.

Glad you got what you wanted last night.  Good for you.

Getting the number one pick means nothing if we keep :

Gase as HC

Drafting defensive projects instead of WR's and OL

Continuing the power structure of the HC and GM both under equal reporting status to these owners:

travel-blogue: May 2010

There are NO assurances or guarantees this will change, so I could give two f$%^s if we get the number one pick.  

So, I'll keep rooting for wins.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, jgb said:

But let's keep rolling over cap space "for the future."

For Jets fans, the future is always a season away.

Money will need to be spent next year, that is for sure.

If this was a tank for the sake of profiteering in a small manner, then it is all for naught.

But, if JD had a plan, and they decided that there FA's that they can get as bargains, because of others cap situations and losses from this year, then it may be something.

Saying that this is a HUGE offseason for JD and his tenure as a Jet GM is an understatement.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Money will need to be spent next year, that is for sure.

If this was a tank for the sake of profiteering in a small manner, then it is all for naught.

But, if JD had a plan, and they decided that there FA's that they can get as bargains, because of others cap situations and losses from this year, then it may be something.

Saying that this is a HUGE offseason for JD and his tenure as a Jet GM is an understatement.

Let's hope Johnsons just back off and let JD earn his salary.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Glad you got what you wanted last night.  Good for you.

I keep telling people that "What I want" has nothing to do with the actual results. All I can do is react to what happens.

Unless, you are telling me that rooting actually does have a causal effect? Maybe, I am the reason the Jets are not doing well? Maybe, it is me that has been holding the Jets back?

Sorry guys. My bad.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Here's my take on last night. I went into this game thinking this will be the game that screws up our draft position & for 3 quarters it looked like I was right. JDs rookies looked good, we know Bectons a stud (I pray he's not injury prone), it was a fun game to watch, but in the end when the Patriots were coming back I knew that little bit of guilt I was feeling about actually wanting a loss did not matter one bit because nothing that I personally wanted was going to change the outcome. 

It was what it was, another example of just how bad of a coach Adam Gase is. So, we got to see some rookies perform & play hard, and Gase was exposed again for what he is. Because the only way you can lose that game is if your in on the tank or your a terrible head coach. 

there was a zuniga sighting too.  it really looks like douglas's first draft brought some good players in becton, mims, davis, perine, and mann.  not sure about clark, zuniga, morgan, or hall yet.  they're all getting in except for clark and morgan and that's a really good thing.  we need to see more perine.

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Nope.

Losing begets losing. 

And we're a decade long embarrassment with nothing to show for it, despite how often these same Fans have rooted for losses because the Draft...

We're hearing all the same B.S. we heard before we got Sam Darnold.

It's almost like Jets Fans get collective amnesia every year about these things.

T.L. is not a saviour.  We'll suck with him just like we suck now, without a wholesale change at every level of this franchise  and a massive improvement in overall team talent.  One draft pick doesn't get you any of that, it just gets another four years of the same folks now rooting for losses yelling at anyone who doubts anything about T.L. for being "bad fans", just like they did for Darnold till the realized the truth.

Same old, Same Old, nothing ever changes here.

Wake me when one of these "lose for the draft" years actually works out for US.  So far, nada, and we've been here often.

So 1-15, 2-14 is what, NOT losing? Because being realistic, that's the best we could hope for. You have to admit that at least, no?

Where are the other wins on the schedule?

1 minute ago, JiF said:

This thread cracks me up, the people all bent out of shape because some fans want the tank.  What good does winning a meaningless game with Joe Flacco do for this team?   1-8 and a win over a terrible Football team is suddenly going to send a shock waves of winning vibes through the organization?  1 win and suddenly we have a culture of winning?   lol  And how long do those good feeling last when you're lucky to win 1 of the remaining games this season?  Just bonkers, my dudes.  There is no good in winning this season and this is coming from a guy who believes that you do need to learn how to win but with Joe Flacco???  No.  That only applies when you have a young QB that you want to start developing confidence, not a 15 year veteran just trying to relive the glory days for a few quarters.  How do you not see the difference?  

Whether it's TL or Fields or a trade for more picks - that draft positioning is 10000000000x more valuable to the Jets than a meaningless win with a QB who is not going to be here next season.  I mean for ****s sake people, wtf good comes from winning last night?  A little more faith in Gase?  Is that what you want?

Momentum into next year, damn it, momentum into the next year.

If somehow the Jets fall to #2, I will have no problems with that. I like either prospect, as we have discussed ad nauseum.  Last night's game was huge from a standpoint of maintaining those 2 spots. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

I wasn't, because I don't believe in quitting and losing. Also, a #1 pick doesn't guarantee you anything (see Baker Mayfield's career and other busts).

If you were happy losing last night, you should change your status from loyal to disgraceful.

Agreed. Nothing worse than these turn-key fans around here. Just disgraceful. 

Hey I have been one of the biggest proponents of draft position over meaningless wins over the years.  This however is a lousy pats team a team that has owned us for 15 years and people are still happy to be owned.  This is also a mid season game not some last game or so of the year to screw draft position.

In any case, on to Cincinnati!

• Upvote 1

There is no such thing as momentum for next year.  If our roster and coaching staff looks anything like this year what difference does momentum make?  The culture and momentum needed to create a consistent winner is not currently on this team.  There is a small core that can be salvaged.  This is a league where you play for pay.  The pro's who are good enough will be okay.  The ones who aren't will wash out of the league.  

Drafts don't matter unless you have a GM that drafts well.  We either do or we don't.  It looks like we might.  A win down the stretch doesn't change that either.   Draft position only matters if JD is good enough to exploit it.  I'm pretty confident that the Pats will draft well.  Beating the Pats puts them in position to pick better players in every round of the draft.  Losing may not have helped the Jets, that's to be determined.  It definitely hurt the Pats which is good for me right now. 

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Over half this team wont be here next year, including Flacco but yeah, momentum.

Oh and remember when the Jets finished 6-2 last year and carried all that momentum into 2020!!!!!!!!!!!!  yeah, exactly.

Dead on, JiF.

My son and I actually high five'd in relief when "The Folk Hero" made the kick.  These embarrassing losses are the only way that we have to hope (small as it might be as I think these dopes go into next year with Gase and Darnold) this abysmal coaching staff and most players are cast away into oblivion.  

We are a sh*t-caked toilet of a franchise.  Nothing changes until ownership finally hires a head of football operations who cleans house and TRULY starts over.  Will that happen?  Nah, we're the Jets after all.   But I can hope.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

I wasn't, because I don't believe in quitting and losing. Also, a #1 pick doesn't guarantee you anything (see Baker Mayfield's career and other busts).

If you were happy losing last night, you should change your status from loyal to disgraceful.

So, they didn’t quit. They battled. They’re undermanned and suck generally, and they all know the coaching staff is doomed but, like last year, these Jets go out there with nothing to play for an battle, and that should give you a little sense of pride as a Jets fan. Gase probably isn’t a very good head coach, but the team hasn’t quit on him, none of his ex-players (even those with legitimate grievances) will mother**** him, and opposing coaches seem to respect him. As bad as this stretch of Jets football has been, they haven’t been the week-to-week embarrassment that the Rex or even Herm Jets were at times. Bottom line, Gase is going to leave the team immeasurably better than when he found it, and he deserves credit for that. 

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

This thread cracks me up, the people all bent out of shape because some fans want the tank.  What good does winning a meaningless game with Joe Flacco do for this team?   1-8 and a win over a terrible Football team is suddenly going to send a shock waves of winning vibes through the organization?  1 win and suddenly we have a culture of winning?   lol  And how long do those good feeling last when you're lucky to win 1 of the remaining games this season?  Just bonkers, my dudes.  There is no good in winning this season and this is coming from a guy who believes that you do need to learn how to win but with Joe Flacco???  No.  That only applies when you have a young QB that you want to start developing confidence, not a 15 year veteran just trying to relive the glory days for a few quarters.  How do you not see the difference?  

Whether it's TL or Fields or a trade for more picks - that draft positioning is 10000000000x more valuable to the Jets than a meaningless win with a QB who is not going to be here next season.  I mean for ****s sake people, wtf good comes from winning last night?  A little more faith in Gase?  Is that what you want?

Seriously, this notion of momentum carryover is comical.  How did those wins last season translate to this year?  Lol....  Not sure if people think they are some kind of super fan because they claim they don’t root for loses, but a win last night does absolutely nothing but hurt the Jets in the long run.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Let's see if you can figure this one out:

• Paul Hornung (1957) – Won Super Bowl I
  • Bubba Smith (1967) – Won Super Bowl V
  • Terry Bradshaw (1970) – Won Super Bowl IX, X, XIII, XIV
  • Jim Plunkett (1971) – Won Super Bowl XV, XVIII
  • John Matuszak (1973) – Won Super Bowl XI, XV
  • Ed “Too Tall” Jones (1974) – Won Super Bowl XII
  • George Rogers (1981) – Won Super Bowl XXII
  • John Elway (1983) – Won Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII
  • Troy Aikman (1989) – Won Super Bowl XXVII, XXVIII, XXX
  • Russell Maryland (1991) – Won Super Bowl XXVII, XXVIII, XXX
  • Drew Bledsoe (1993) – Won Super Bowl XXXVI
  • Keyshawn Johnson (1996) – Won Super Bowl XXXVII
  • Orlando Pace (1997) – Won Super Bowl XXXIV
  • Peyton Manning (1998) – Won Super Bowl XLI, 50
  • David Carr (2002) – Won Super Bowl XLVI
  • Eli Manning (2004) – Won Super Bowl XLII, XLVI
  • Eric Fisher (2013) – Won Super Bowl LIV

I hope you didn't spend a lot of time putting this together. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

whatever man.  I can do whatever I want!!!  As long as my wife says it's ok of course. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

@SAR I What do you think of the play calling since Gase gave it up? In all seriousness, not being argumentative - As Gase's last standing supporter (still cant tell if you're trolling or genuinely like the man?) Do you think the O has looked any better? 

First off, just to clarify, I support Adam Gase staying with the Jets now and next season only.  Once the Jets are rebuilt and have a roster that can compete for the playoffs, he can be gone for all I care.  My contention is that for this team at this moment, this crappy Maccagnan mess, Gase is a great head coach because he can clean house, can handle the press, handle the losing, and keep the players motivated.  That's what Gase brings.  We need that this season and next when things are messy.

As for the playcalling, I liked what I saw last night.  Having all our WR's on the field at the same time is what's hurt our O all season and they're finally in place.  We ran the ball effectively, good mix of run and pass, some long bombs, no dumb screens, I thought we took great steps forward on O last night.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

Honestly, I really don't care about this season. I think the Jets are going to win a game or two and this whole hope we get Lawrence thing is just that. I really hope we trade the pick for more picks that will fix this team. If we take Lawrence, then you have to hope JD hits on every draft pick the rest of the way. If we get additional high picks, them we have a chance to build a team so when the next QB comes in, he doesn't look horrible because the support is so bad. Lawrence will be the 2021 starter probably the first game. He will be in the same situation. Poor OL, mediocre WR saving Mims turns into something better than Jericho Cotchery, and poor defense that can't keep it close. I rather go a different direction.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If you rooted for the Jets to win last night with Joe Flacco under center, you were actively rooting against them just as much as the people rooting for the tank.

If the Jets won last night, I have nooooo doubt that Belichick would have found a reason to IR Cam Newton for the rest of the year to put himself into position for Lawrence. That Nick Folk game-winner was seismic in terms of the long-term ramifications. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Bronx said:

I'm neither happy or unhappy.  So how does that make me?  

You say that the #1 pick doesn't guarantee you anything.  I say you are wrong.

The #1 pick guarantees that the Jets will have the ability to trade that pick for significant draft capital that they wouldn't have the option for if they pick #3.

I was miserable last night, because I was rooting for the Jets to win, and then I was hoping, not rooting for them to lose.  

It sucks, and it seems to happen every single year.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Here's my take on last night. I went into this game thinking this will be the game that screws up our draft position & for 3 quarters it looked like I was right. JDs rookies looked good, we know Bectons a stud (I pray he's not injury prone), it was a fun game to watch, but in the end when the Patriots were coming back I knew that little bit of guilt I was feeling about actually wanting a loss did not matter one bit because nothing that I personally wanted was going to change the outcome. 

It was what it was, another example of just how bad of a coach Adam Gase is. So, we got to see some rookies perform & play hard, and Gase was exposed again for what he is. Because the only way you can lose that game is if your in on the tank or your a terrible head coach. 

He's not tanking.  He's just terrible and by far the worst HC in the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets won last night, I have nooooo doubt that Belichick would have found a reason to IR Cam Newton for the rest of the year to put himself into position for Lawrence. That Nick Folk game-winner was seismic in terms of the long-term ramifications. 

Like I said last night, I was literally jumping up and down as the kick went through the uprights. I am not sure fans or commentators understand the importance of this loss. 

• Upvote 3