Are you happy with this loss?

Bronx

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Being owned by NE when both Brady and Bellichick were the bobsy twins and the Jets were a poor to middling team, was frustrating.

Losing to the Pats, when the Jets outplayed the Pats, and there is a a supposed prize for ineptitude(a first or second overall pick) feels almost like a win. 

We talk about about the Jets being Jetsy all the time on this site. And it is often a thing. Jetsy would have been blocking that field goal (and a former Jet kicker) and returning it for a score. No confetti would have fallen from the sky. We would be sitting here for 2 weeks wondering why us, as we agonizingly watch a team from Northeast Florida. 

Joe Douglas told Flacco there would be a large cash bonus in it for him if he threw the ball to the Pats in the 4th qtr and "made it look good" 

29 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

This sums it up for me.

While it pains me to see the Pats win and BB smile, I'd much rather see that organization celebrate now after an insignificant win (to us) in November than seeing them celebrate in April during the draft after they've selected a new franchise QB that could haunt us for the next decade +

Yeah but the nature of things with NE sucking this year is that while people think BB is happy with a late/comeback win, and also he'd have been happy if they still lost because it meant getting us 1 win closer to losing out on the #1 pick (and a higher pick for himself). 

Doesn't need to be true; it's subjective interpretation. 

I think he'd rather win himself than stick us with a win. NE came really close against Seattle, KC, and Buffalo despite having nobody who can throw a football. FFS the last TD pass thrown was Oct 5th when Stedman threw a 4 yarder (before throwing a pick-6 on the next drive, and another pick on the drive after that).

They have no QB, the only WR (or TE who's worth half a damn as a receiver) is 34 yo Edelman, plus they're down a couple OLmen from last year as well. 

Good. **** them. But I don't think he's tanking so much as that team just sucks. Yes Cam's getting rushing TDs, but I don't think he's directing his QBs to pass their way to a 3:11 TD:INT ratio (0:6 since their week 4 bye). 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

The Jets could own the best QB in the AFC East for years to come if they have the chance to take Lawrence.

Maybe a QB as good as Mahomes. 

Darnold was the answer for many fans as well. There is no guaranteed other than being the most embarrassing team in the league.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Is that what you think the Jets are doing? Tanking?

Are you saying that there is no benefit to picking number one overall?

Tanking has never worked, good players can be found anywhere in the draft.  This year is a little different because if they don't want lawrence that can get a haul for him.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Francis Sawyer 37 said:

The Jets could own the best QB in the AFC East for years to come if they have the chance to take Lawrence.

Maybe a QB as good as Mahomes. 

I don’t think anyone is as good as Mahomes. Mahomes might end up being the GOAT QB. His accomplishments, ability & numbers at his age are unprecedented.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Are you seriously this dense?

What is it that you fail to comprehend about wanting to potentially set this team up for 15+ years of contention instead of eeking out a meaningless couple of wins in a completely lost season?

Where does 3-13 or 4-12 get us besides stranded up sh*ts creek without a paddle for the foreseeable future?

I could care less about winning games with a 40 year old QB and a 40 year old RB leading the charge at 0-8.

I want Adam Gase gone. I want Trevor Lawrence in a Jets uniform for the better part of the next two decades.

You know how we achieve that? By continuing to lose for the next 7 weeks.

However, you are assuming that we draft TL if we have the number one overall.  Most, with the exception of SAR1, think we are getting a new coach next year.  There are no common sense  moves in this organization.

Best move was trading Jamal.  Worst move retaining Gase.

I think Week 17 will be huge.  The Jets will be staring Trevor Lawrence right in the eyes.  All they need to do is lose.

And the Jets will beat the Patriots to lose out on Lawrence.  It is destiny.

I predicted the Jets would cover and that the Jets would win last night.  I got half right.  

JD really needs to IR as many players as possible for the last game. 

• Upvote 1

The Jets haven’t missed out on elite talent due to meaningless wins. We’ve just always picked the wrong players. 

And the Trevor Lawrence overrating has become comical. Last week he was better than Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, now he’s “as good as Patrick Mahomes”. 

We need to draft better players, for the offense, so we can score more points. It’s not a mysterious equation or puzzle. Nice to see Mims starting to come on. It’s a start. 

• Upvote 2

What is with this BS narrative out there that people who want to tank falsely believe the number 1 pick "guarantees" us anything? I don't think any serious person would "guarantee" that things are going to work out for us, regardless of where we pick (especially not someone who has watched this franchise for more than a few years). There is no "guarantee" that Lawrence or Fields (or whoever we draft) is going to be good. There is no "guarantee" Becton is ever going to be a durable, franchise left tackle. etc. etc. 

However, what we are saying is that, objectively speaking, it is better to pick number 1 overall and not make the playoffs than to pick number 3 or 4 overall and not make the playoffs. 

The truth is, we have sucked many times since 1996 (we have made the playoffs only 7 times in the 24 years since), but have not managed to attain the number 1 overall pick since that year. Let's take a closer look at one example of such a season in which we sucked and won a meaningless game down the stretch that hurt us long term:

In 2007 we finished 4-12, but we beat KC on the final week of the season in a meaningless game to drop us from picking 3rd overall to 6th overall. The Falcons took Matt Ryan with the 3rd overall pick and we took Vernon Gholston.  Think we might have been better off losing to KC?

What we are saying is, if we are going to suck, let's make sure put ourselves in the best position possible going forward. There are no guarantees. 

THAT's the point. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

The Jets haven’t missed out on elite talent due to meaningless wins. We’ve just always picked the wrong players. 

Sure.  But now that we finally might have a GM who picks the right players sometimes, I like the idea of giving him early picks in each round.  Think what he'll be able to do with 3 picks in the first 33/34 next draft, including the # 1/2 pick?

5 minutes ago, Bronx said:

https://nypost.com/2020/11/10/jets-are-making-this-hard-for-trevor-lawrence-obsessed-fans/

Jets are making this hard for Trevor Lawrence-obsessed fans

I will be laughing my butt off at the SOJ loser mental fans:

Screenshot_20201110-140533.png

Screenshot_20201110-140523.png

Yes you're the best fan and everyone else who disagrees is the worst fan.  And this NY Post article (which didn't actually agree with anything you've said, if you actually read it) proves it!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Of course you pass, because yet again you can’t back up any arguments you make.  You’re just a giant bag of wind.   

And I still have no idea what he wants to accomplish.  He wants everyone to know that they're despicable and not real fans for rooting for losses, and only his perspective is correct.  Yet, eventually, he throws up his hands and says "You're gonna do what you're gonna do" every single time. 

Why even bother in the first place, then?  We're all well aware by now of his thoughts on the matter, and he's not going to convince anyone he's in the right.  Just go away.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I still have no idea what he wants to accomplish.  He wants everyone to know that they're despicable and not real fans for rooting for losses, and only his perspective is correct.  Yet, eventually, he throws up his hands and says "You're gonna do what you're gonna do" every single time. 

Why even bother in the first place, then?  We're all well aware by now of his thoughts on the matter, and he's not going to convince anyone he's in the right.  Just go away.

Were you really rooting for the Patriots to win last night? Despicable!

• Haha 2

Last nights game was purrrfect! 
Pats fans know Cam is not a long term answer, the Jets played them to the whistle. Old Joe Flacco & a bunch of scrappy rookies & castoffs. 
Any sensible Pats fan is like YEA BABY! As the ball sails through the uprights but hates the fact the Jets could be in line to draft Trevor Lawrence. Plus Mims, Becton, Perine, Davis and a few other youngsters looked pretty good. And the MNF crew showed the graph with all of the Draft picks & cap money the Jets have starting in 2021! 
That win will be as satisfying for Pats fans as our 2019 win in Buffalo when McGuire bumbled & stumbled into the end zone so we couldn’t draft Nick Bosa. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Seriously.  If he could articulate why winning a couple games in a lost season is so much more beneficial than finishing with the number one pick, then ok.   But he doesn’t, and when questioned, tells people to “sod off”, whatever the f**k that means...Lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Seriously.  If he could articulate why winning a couple games in a lost season is so much more beneficial than finishing with the number one pick, then ok.   But he doesn’t, and when questioned, tells people to “sod off”, whatever the f**k that means...Lol

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Trolls have no purpose beyond trolling. 

Why are we tanking if there is no guarantee we are getting Trevor?  This has got  to be the biggest  slap in the face to Darnord knowing that the team is trying to lose every game so that you can be replaced.  Do you think that there is any dialog going on between persons with an understanding of  Trevor's thinking and the Jets at this point?

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

Why are we tanking if there is no guarantee we are getting Trevor?  This has got  to be the biggest  slap in the face to Darnord knowing that the team is trying to lose every game so that you can be replaced.  Do you think that there is any dialog going on between persons with an understanding of  Trevor's thinking and the Jets at this point?

If not Trevor, maybe they like another qb?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

Sam deserves to be slapped for his sh*tty play...  maybe it would wake him tf up?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

lol who gives a flying f**k about Darnold's feelings.  This was the same sh*t people whined about when the team was looking to replace Sanchez.  

Whether Lawrence is available to the Jets or not, it is a good thing to be picking at the top of the board ijn a lost season.  Lawrence, Fields, or trade down for a massive package of picks...these are all viable options. 

In any scenario this team needs a QB.  Whether people want to kick the can down the road or address it in this year's draft, that will remain so.  35 year old Joe f**king Flacco, who sucks and is washed up, and who visibly doesn't want to be out there, just had by far the best QB performance of the season last night.  Not even close.  

• Upvote 1