Monday Night Football....

Beerfish

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

Both D.K Metcalf and Deebo Samuel were drafted during the 2nd round of 2019 and thnx to trading up to pick #3 and then drafting Sam? We had 0 2nd round picks at a serious position of weakness. Disheartening to say the least. 

If it all leads to Lawrence and he’s a good as everyone thinks it will all be worth it. 

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I’m so annoyed how good the Bills are. All because they picked the right HC. 

I mean, the right HC is certainly part of it.  But certainly not the whole story.  For the full picture, consider some of the players they've drafted over the last 4 years under GM Brandon Beane:

• CB Tre'Davious White
  • QB Josh Allen
  • ILB Tremaine Edmunds
  • LT Dion Dawkins (2nd round)
  • LB Matt Milano (5th round)
  • RT Cody Ford (2nd round)
  • WR Gabriel Davis (4th round)
  • RB Devin Singletary (3rd round)

White was a 1st-team All-Pro in 2019 and largely considered one of the game's best CB's.  Edmunds went to the Pro Bowl in 2019.   Dawkins was drafted originally as a Guard but somehow they seem to have found a franchise LT out of that.  Milano is basically a Jamal Adams who gets INTs but not so many Sacks, with 27 career TFLs, 5 INTs and 20 Pass Deflections.  Davis already has 354 yards and 4 TDs in 11 games (6 starts).  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, the right HC is certainly part of it.  But certainly not the whole story.  For the full picture, consider some of the players they've drafted over the last 4 years under GM Brandon Beane:

• CB Tre'Davious White
  • QB Josh Allen
  • ILB Tremaine Edmunds

Ok. Throw in the right HC AND a competent GM. Ughhh

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

• CB Tre'Davious White
  • QB Josh Allen
  • ILB Tremaine Edmunds

Not taking Gabriel Davis out of UCF down here in Florida while I was screaming @ my TV to draft the kid but only to see JD take a 4th round project QB who can't even get off the practice field still disgusts me to this day. 

I loved the Becton/Mims picks but his two 3rd round picks and 3 4th round picks look like absolute trash picks right now.

Yeah yeah it's still early gotta give it 3 years etc etc but JD could've did so much better throughout the 3rd and 4th rounds imo. 

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• CB Tre'Davious White
  • QB Josh Allen
  • ILB Tremaine Edmunds

White was a 1st-team All-Pro in 2019 and largely considered one of the game's best CB's.  Edmunds went to the Pro Bowl in 2019.   Dawkins was drafted originally as a Guard but somehow they seem to have found a franchise LT out of that.  Milano is basically a Jamal Adams who gets INTs but not so many Sacks, with 27 career TFLs, 5 INTs and 20 Pass Deflections.  Davis already has 354 yards and 4 TDs in 11 games (6 starts).  

Interesting note: The Bills HC, McDermott, was actually in charge of the draft when they drafted White. The Bills hired McDermott and he convinced them to oust their GM at the time (sound familiar lol?) and instead of letting the GM run the draft or firing him (and letting him take their draft knowledge to another team), they kept their GM, but let McDermott make the picks. So Beane didn't pick White, the HC did.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• CB Tre'Davious White
  • QB Josh Allen
  • ILB Tremaine Edmunds

Not just that. They made good signings in FA the last two+ years.

Daryl Williams

Quinton Spain

Jordan Poyer

Micah Hyde

Tyler Croft

Mitch Morse

Cole Beasley

John Ross 

Jon Feliciano 

• Upvote 3

Gabriel Davis who I was pounding on the table for just caught a 4th Q TD reception. 

And JD took a QB during the 4th round who even on an 0-12 team with injuries to Sam couldn't get off the practice field?

One of the deepest WR classes ever and JD goes Safety/RB/QB/Edge during the 3rd and 4th rounds? 

Awful.  

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Gabriel Davis who I was pounding on the table for just caught a 4th Q TD reception. 

And JD took a QB during the 4th round who even on an 0-12 team with injuries to Sam couldn't get off the practice field?

One of the deepest WR classes ever and JD goes Safety/RB/QB/Edge during the 3rd and 4th rounds? 

Awful.  

He’s also on a good offense. 

• Upvote 1

The real key is building a team around the QB.  Some rare QBs transcend personnel (Rodgers), but most need an OL and weapons.  Wentz is a great example. He was all world in 2017 when the Eagles had the best OL in football and weapons galore. Now the OL is a mess and his receivers were banged up and he is a mess.  Darnold never had a chance.

• Upvote 2