It’s Mac Jones

QB1

8 minutes ago, heymangold said:

@Jet_Engine1 I mean I get you’re probably gonna say “h3 wOn oUr oNlY sUpEr bOwL” but he wasn’t a great QB.

Career 50% completion with 173TDs and 220!!! INTs

No, I'm just going to say its sad that millennials don't understand that things change, and lack any sense of historical context or differences in eras. 

Anyone analyzing QBs Pre-1977 or so, and comparing stats from 50 years ago in comparison to the Arena Football pu*ssy game we witness nowadays is just kind of stupid. Hell, trash QBs nowadays throw for 4,000 plus yards a season at 60%  because nobody can touch them, their receivers don't get mugged every play up and down the field, and Defenses have been totally nerfed. Every stat since about 2002 or so should have an asterisk next to it, denoting they took place in the "Handcuffed Defense/Fantasy Football era".

But thanks for playing....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No, I'm just going to say its sad that millennial don't understand that things change, and lack any sense of context or differences in eras. 

Anyone analyzing QBs Pre-1970, and comparing stats from 50 years ago in comparison to the Arena Football pussy sport we witness nowadays is just kind of stupid. Hell, trash QBs nowadays throw for 4,000 plus yards a season at 60%  because nobody can touch them, their receivers don't get mugged every play, up and down the field, and Defenses have been totally nerfed. Every state since about 2002 or so should have an asterisk next to it, denoting they took place in the "Handcuffed Defense/Fantasy Football era".

But thanks for playing....

Still sucks.

Mac Jones has been in the perfect situation at Bama.  He has great mechanics and is accurate, so he puts up huge numbers throwing to open receivers from clean pockets.  Does not mean he won't be able to handle adversity at the next level, but I don't see any way of getting comfortable enough with his ability to adjust to the pro game to take him with a high pick.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yea man but the same can be said about Mahomes in KC but at the end of the day that's the goal. To surround your QB with talent. What's the point of having WR/RB/O-Line talent if you have a QB who can't do anything with it? 

This kid is currently @ 26/31 for 303 passing yards and 4 TDs/0 INT during the playoffs against a #4 team. 

I've been saying it for months on end Mac Jones is the best QB outside of Trevor Lawrence. Yes he has A+ talent but he knows what to do with it. 

I could see him going to Pittsburgh

On 12/26/2020 at 5:17 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

But pure pocket passing QBs such as Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Troy Aikman, Jim Kelly, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Tom Brady etc, did. 

These guys never ran the ball because they made a living picking apart defenses as pure pocket passers and will always be considered as king DNA of the QB position all while mobile running QBs don't last too long in this league. 

It's sad when great college pocket passing QBs are now overlooked because they don't have a fast 40 time or make a living scrambling. 

There will always be a home for great pocket PASSING QBs who don't need to run because they see the game better than anyone. 

Mac Jones is going to become a great one and we just better hope he doesn't fall into Bill Belichick's lap because Bill obviously hates coaching washed up Newton @ only 31... And would mold Mac Jones into greatness as a pure pocket passing machine. 

Joe Montana could move

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure Mac Jones is the specific guy JD should draft, but I definitely think JD should draft a QB. Sammy 's regression is alarming. Joe Douglas MUST hold Sammy's feet to the fire.

At this point, I feel comfortable saying Sammy is going to get another shot at starting with a MUCH better supporting cast than he's ever had.

But I think JD and Saleh would be correct in hedging their bets?

Promise Sammy NOTHING. Give him an opportunity to win the starting job. 

JD should draft a QB he truly believes in and tell him that he can also win the starting job if he outplays Sammy.

Then, hold an open QB competition in training camp. Fair and square and may the best man win....