Joe Buck: Troy Aikman and I sometimes had a drink or 2 while broadcasting NFL games

joewilly12

4 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Said this before, but what is it with people nowadays and the need to tell everybody everything. 

I know what you mean. It's like the other day when I accidentally bumped my shopping cart into another guy in Stop N Shop. I said, "I'm sorry, Sir", and he goes, "Easy there, Missy, watch how yer drivin' that thing! Ya know, this reminds me of when my Granma was hit by the M34 near Macy's in '53. Killed her boneyard dead right there in the street! Had nothin' to eat after that! Just stale bread, and some watered-down potato soup for years! Almost gave me rickets! I lost half muh teeth from malnutrition! She was raising me and my seven brothers and sisters because my folks got killed in a lightbulb factory fire and we all had to go live in an orphanage after that! Runned over she was! Damn city drivers!" 

I'm looking around, trying to extricate myself from Mr. Life Story. He keeps going. "Muh wife left me last year! And muh kids don't call! Anyway, she done run off with Joe the mechanic like a gonif! They can try to make babies all they like but the only thing that's coming out of that union is crabs (red in the face, shakes fist)!" "Uh, sorry . . . ?" "Ya married?" "Yeah . . . " "Well, good luck with that there, Missy! You better check yer crotch every once in a while! Crabs! It's a relationship killer! Did you know Mayor John Lindsay gave Florence Henderson crabs? Mayor Lindsay! Never thought I'd see one worse but here we got Bill Di Blasio! Who knew!" "My Daddy hated Mayor Lindsay, too. I gotta go." I restrained myself from singing 'Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer' when I blew down the aisle. I opted for 'I Ran' by Flock of Seagulls. 

Oh, and my Daddy really did hate Mayor Lindsay.

• Haha 2