Governor Murphy joins Moose and Maggie tomorrow for sports announcement

GreekJet

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

THIS WAS NOT IN MY PREMIUM NEWSLETTER

Ads are down right now because of the upgrade, so the premium stuff is all on hold for a few days. We had to release this info, couldn't sit on it, so the regular folk get a freebie for once.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Don't do this, definitely isn't the site for it. Besides anyone who wants the vaccine can have it before September. And the Jets have been more than fair throughout this process. Nobody would give $ back, ticketmaster etc, the Jets did it right away. Your scenario is made up.

I got my 2 vaccine shots already. They’re not even checking in da Bronx. And they recently opened up Yankee Stadium to administer shots.  By mid summer they’ll knock it down and continue developing boosters to offset the different strains. Still will need to proceed with caution. Probably 50% stadium capacity just to be cautious. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Vaccinate on the way in, use that J and J pull, or go away.

Vaccinated only in the lower deck. This way falling droplets aren't an issue from the uppers.

Honestly there are far scarier things that have been dropped down from the upper deck.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Interesting.  This is going to end up locked because people will make it political.

Either way I am hoping for good news. Things are getting better and I am hoping we have a packed stadium in September to cheer on Deshaun Watson and the Jets.

How is it not political?

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

How is it not political?

Not sure what you are asking me to clarify here. It is a thread because it potentially could impact in-person attendance at Jets games.

So as long as people don't get into political partisan BS fighting back and forth then everything will be fine as we wait for the announcement tomorrow.

Collegiate athletes moms and dads can get into see children playing. 

Any venue 5000 or more capacity 10% indoors 15% outdoors. 

So as of today MetLife Jets-Giants will allow 15% capacity face coverings, social distancing. 

MetLife 82,500 so that means 12,375 fans will be allowed to attend games if the season was to start next week. 

PCR tests not required. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

So as of today MetLife Jets-Giants will allow 15% capacity face coverings, social distancing. 

That is a start for today but I see that 15% being MUCH higher by the time football season rolls around.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

So there will be at least 12,000 fans in Metlife come September.  I’m not making any predictions as to what happens between now and then.  I heard no PCR tests required either.  Those tests make it difficult for people buying tickets last minute.  

By September 65 and up will be vaccinated at least close to 100%. There's no reason not to have at least 75% attendance at sporting events. Not sure why this is still a thing. The vaccine works. Covid is going to be over soon.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

I got my 2 vaccine shots already. They’re not even checking in da Bronx. And they recently opened up Yankee Stadium to administer shots.  By mid summer they’ll knock it down and continue developing boosters to offset the different strains. Still will need to proceed with caution. Probably 50% stadium capacity just to be cautious. 

vaccinations are moving very slowly in NJ.  My county (Sussex) offers 75 vaccines, I kid you not... I did not leave out any zero's,  75 per week.   Finally got myself and wife an appointment via RiteAid in PA for March 5th and 6th.  

We are in our 60's and it has been a royal PIA trying to get the vaccine.

We are on the Atlantic Health list and I received an email with a code to get an appointment but it was sent the afternoon and I didn't see it until next morning and the code had expired.  Why not text me where I will see it faster?  Geez.  

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

Ads are down right now because of the upgrade, so the premium stuff is all on hold for a few days. We had to release this info, couldn't sit on it, so the regular folk get a freebie for once.

Once you give some premium stuff to the "regular" folks, they’ll want it again and again. 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

By September 65 and up will be vaccinated at least close to 100%. There's no reason not to have at least 75% attendance at sporting events. Not sure why this is still a thing. The vaccine works. Covid is going to be over soon.

Agreed.  By September everyone who wants the vaccine will have already had it for sure.  Good news.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Once you give some premium stuff to the "regular" folks, they’ll want it again and again. 

So just to clear the record, there is no premium stuff. That is a long running joke here, everything we do is free.

How will the tickets work I wonder? In other words- let’s say it’s 50% by opening day. Is there going to be a lottery to determine which fans can go to which game? To be sure everyone gets at least one or more games to go to. Sorry if that’s already been posted. I’m busy at work and haven’t read every post.

Ty

9 minutes ago, Gibby said:

How will the tickets work I wonder? In other words- let’s say it’s 50% by opening day. Is there going to be a lottery to determine which fans can go to which game? To be sure everyone gets at least one or more games to go to. Sorry if that’s already been posted. I’m busy at work and haven’t read every post.

Ty

PSL owners deserve first preference and right of refusal. 

They paid the premium price. 

joewilly12

13 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Ty

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12

I think this would have to be how it works. I know they are billing me, but I know some other non PSL holders that didn't even get a call from the Jets yet.  

I don't know what % of PSL owners are left, but I have to say I would be shocked if it was anything close to 50%.  Either way I hope I am there for every game next season.  I really missed going this year even though they were terrible.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12

Totally agree. I however am not. Had season tickets in the old stadium, gave them up, expensive and both my kids were real young at the time and knew I’d never get to all of them. Now my son and I try to go to three a year. Just wondering if we will be able to buying from the secondary market?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gibby said:

Totally agree. I however am not. Had season tickets in the old stadium, gave them up, expensive and both my kids were real young at the time and knew I’d never get to all of them. Now my son and I try to go to three a year. Just wondering if we will be able to buying from the secondary market?

The teams that had 8,000 or so fans in attendance this past season had a secondary market. So I think the answer is yes. Really comes down to cost.

Just now, Maxman said:

The teams that had 8,000 or so fans in attendance this past season had a secondary market. So I think the answer is yes. Really comes down to cost.

Not that worried about cost - unless it obscene. Any plans as of now for another opening day tailgate? We had a blast two years ago- was great meeting people.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Not that worried about cost - unless it obscene. Any plans as of now for another opening day tailgate? We had a blast two years ago- was great meeting people.

I have a reservation into the Jets (paid deposit) for a group outing. I highly doubt we would be able to do it for the opener. Demand would be high ticket wise and with the parking lot changes I would probably want a normal tailgate first.

But I definitely would like to do one, we just have to see how it all unfolds.  Thanks.

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think this would have to be how it works. I know they are billing me, but I know some other non PSL holders that didn't even get a call from the Jets yet.  

I don't know what % of PSL owners are left, but I have to say I would be shocked if it was anything close to 50%.  Either way I hope I am there for every game next season.  I really missed going this year even though they were terrible.

I’m in the upper deck and they sent me an invoice that I believe is due 4/1.  I always wait until the week before it’s due and then pay.  

26 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Me neither gave them up as well. 

Nothing would stop a PSL owner who was selected to attend from selling those tickets or giving them to a family member or friend. 

Let's hope by September things are better and more fans are allowed in the stadium. 

32 minutes ago, Gibby said:

I have been following how the Knicks are handling things.  They allowed season ticketholders to purchase tickets to one of the first three home games and then would see how things went from there.  Tickets could be resold I believe but a PCR test must be administered within 72 hours and the name on the test must match photo ID.  

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

MetLife 82,500 so that means 12,375 fans will be allowed to attend games if the season was to start next week. 

PCR tests not required. 

And tailgating rules? That's where I show up to get bodily fluids on everyone