The Washington Football Team is turning in their cheerleading squad for a coed dance team

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This would be a post. If the article didn’t clearly say Their goal was diversity and inclusion.

Yes but their goal to get diversity and inclusion inadvertently reduces the opportunity for females to get that job. 

If the cheer squad is 50 females and they want it to be Co-ed, X number of spots have to go to men, those X numbers of spots are less spots for women, unless you up the number of people on the dance team, which is unlikely to happen. 

Or am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yes but their goal to get diversity and inclusion inadvertently reduces the opportunity for females to get that job. 

If the cheer squad is 50 females and they want it to be Co-ed, X number of spots have to go to men, those X numbers of spots are less spots for women, unless you up the number of people on the dance team, which is unlikely to happen. 

Or am I missing something?

Diversity and inclusion isn’t about creating jobs for women. They are expanding the scope of gender, ethnicity and like sexuality that they are including in their game entertainment experience. It’s about broader representation.

Besides, since when is cheerleading 1) a good job (I’ve read over and over it’s a sh*t job), and 2) the job corporations use to create opportunities for women.

You want to help women get better/more jobs? Take them out of the bathing suits and let them run sh*t.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Diversity and inclusion isn’t about creating jobs for women. They are expanding the scope of gender, ethnicity and like sexuality that they are including in their game entertainment experience. It’s about broader representation.

Besides, since when is cheerleading 1) a good job (I’ve read over and over it’s a sh*t job), and 2) the job corporations use to create opportunities for women.

You want to help women get better/more jobs? Take them out of the bathing suits and let them run sh*t.

Yes I get all that. But not a single one of these women choose to cheerlead as a career, it's a 1/4 time gig that pays extreme dividends on the networking part for most of their full time jobs. 

My sister was a Colts cheerleader for 8 years, their pay is low because it's nothing close to a full time commitment and the perks they get more than make up the difference, free hair, makeup, fitness, modeling opportunities if they so choose. My sister made and still makes six figures a year, even while cheerleading. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Yes I get all that. But not a single one of these women choose to cheerlead as a career, it's a 1/4 time gig that pays extreme dividends on the networking part for most of their full time jobs. 

My sister was a Colts cheerleader for 8 years, their pay is low because it's nothing close to a full time commitment and the perks they get more than make up the difference, free hair, makeup, fitness, modeling opportunities if they so choose. My sister made and still makes six figures a year, even while cheerleading. 

Exactly, so why are you arguing that it takes ‘jobs’ away from women?

It’s like cancelling Full House and airing Modern Family instead.

It’s not some political correctness backfire, which was inferred by your initial response. It’s just a change in programming for a team/channel nobody likes.

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Is she single? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

the most conservative owner in the league who wouldnt change the name Redskins for nothing, until he was forced to by FedEx now get rid of cheerleaders for a coed dance team. whats next a LGBTQ day. LOL

Yeah, this is probably not going to end well. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly, so why are you arguing that it takes ‘jobs’ away from women?

It’s like cancelling Full House and airing Modern Family instead.

It’s not some political correctness backfire, which was inferred by your initial response. It’s just a change in programming for a team/channel nobody likes.

Let me rephrase. 

It could take potential unique opportunities away from women. The networking boost my sister got from that was unreal. 

I never cared or noticed when I attended a game. I mean you can run out a clown car. If we suck I'm going to be too pissed to pay attention and if we're God willing good I'm going to be so high I'm not paying attention. Is there a middle ground where people watch the cheer squad? Who cares at all?

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Let me rephrase. 

It could take potential unique opportunities away from women. The networking boost my sister got from that was unreal. 

I’m sure it will.

Bob Saget hasn’t gotten another show in years.

40 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Or you can let them run sh*t while wearing bathing suits. @CTM

Worked out well for the Kardashian/Jenners, the feminist movement is ultimately about opportunity and choice you cro mag

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

What the hell is a vegetable co-op? A paralyzed Siamese twin?

Crusher is carnivorous swine and considers vegetable based jokes to be the ultimate insult.