The Washington Football Team is turning in their cheerleading squad for a coed dance team

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The Washington Football Team is turning in their cheerleading squad for a coed dance team

By Lauren M. Johnson, CNN

Updated 2:15 PM ET, Wed March 3, 2021 

Washington Football Team cheerleading squad will be replaced with a coed dance team. 

(CNN)Starting next season, Washington Football Team (WFT) fans will no longer see a traditional NFL cheerleading squad on the field, instead, they will be entertained by a coed dance group. 

The franchise is removing its cheerleaders from the field after 50 years as part of its rebranding effort, which include dropping Redskins, and a re-imagined approach to fan engagement and game day experience, according to a news release.

The team has hired, Petra Pope, who has a background in NBA entertainment, to be the new senior adviser for the team's game day experience. Pope told ESPN that the WFT wants to create a "more modern franchise" focused on diversity and inclusion. 

"The NBA has long embraced innovative dance and halftime shows, but most NFL teams have remained more oriented towards traditional cheerleading programs," Pope said in a statement. 

Content by Thrive Market

Healthy living that’s easy and affordable

Thrive Market, an online membership-based market on a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone.

"Fans can expect an experience like none other -- a gender-neutral and diverse squad of athletes and dancers whose choreography, costumes, props, tricks and stunts will rival the best entertainment across genres and really inspire and 'wow' our fans."

The team's president, Jason Wright, who was named the first Black president in the NFL last year, said in a statement that the team's aim is to create entertainment similar to what fans find at an NBA game. 

This is what happens when you have a team with no name. 

12 hours ago, doitny said:

the most conservative owner in the league who wouldnt change the name Redskins for nothing, until he was forced to by FedEx now get rid of cheerleaders for a coed dance team. whats next a LGBTQ day. LOL

What's wrong with an LGBTQ day exactly? 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

By "pandering" I presume you mean "taking obvious easy steps to deflect the recent mass sexual assault/abuse scandal by top executives" and continuing their marketing efforts to make the team not look like a raging 1950's sh*tboner of cavemen?

It's funny how some of you care far more about this irrelevant change than you did about the rampant sexual exploitation and abuse of female employees (including the cheerleaders) by the executives of the team.

But yeah, "woke" or something, next up "cancelled" or something.  :-k  

Who cares about cheerleaders or dancers at the NFL level anyway?  By all means, whomever is watching the NFL specifically for these folks, step up and let us know.

Just sent my audition tape in, 

C2D42D1A-8396-46CF-ABD9-6583198076A6.gif

65BE9016-7E9F-40D2-B26F-B9C7141BAF7C.gif

• Haha 4

By "pandering" I presume you mean "taking obvious easy steps to deflect the recent mass sexual assault/abuse scandal by top executives" and continuing their marketing efforts to make the team not look like a raging 1950's sh*tboner of cavemen?
It's funny how some of you care far more about this irrelevant change than you did about the rampant sexual exploitation and abuse of female employees (including the cheerleaders) by the executives of the team.
But yeah, "woke" or something, next up "cancelled" or something.  default_eusa_think.gif  
Who cares about cheerleaders or dancers at the NFL level anyway?  By all means, whomever is watching the NFL specifically for these folks, step up and let us know.
Times have changed ... what it means to be a man, to be a woman , to be undecided whatever ... times have changed... people are no longer looked at and classified via gender.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It is a biological truth that sex sells. Don't fool yourself, it is the predominant reason that any NFL team added Cheerleaders. I have no issue with the Cheerleaders becoming co-ed "dance squads", but they should not stray from their governing principle. The male members should be Chippendale quality dancers. My wife adds that shirtless would be a good idea too. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3