Murder at Midnight Mafia Game Thread (Day 4) [Game Over; Town Wins!]

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's subtle and implied. First you made several posts shining up CTM as town for being the first reveal. After that you made your first post tying yourself to him as town and everyone claiming miller after you as potential scum.

^ that was the first post I raised an eyebrow at but let go.

But when you paired yourself with shiny happy townie CTM a second time, it felt like you were purposely pushing the narrative that you should be also considered town.

This is fair, I could see how you could get that I guess. That’s not really what im Focused on though. Maybe I’m a bit biased here since I know I’m town, but once there’s multiple miller claims that’s open season for scum to rush in and also claim miller. It provides them with the most convenient cover for future negative investigations, the optimal play in a normal scenario where there aren’t multiple millers is probably to claim right away, and the more claims that follow the more they can narrow down their hunt for who to NK.

That’s why I suggested if there’s other millers they don’t reveal right away. And that’s why I think the lack of any discussion surrounding that and the rush to jump on the miller train is of particular interest.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's subtle and implied. First you made several posts shining up CTM as town for being the first reveal. After that you made your first post tying yourself to him as town and everyone claiming miller after you as potential scum.

^ that was the first post I raised an eyebrow at but let go.

But when you paired yourself with shiny happy townie CTM a second time, it felt like you were purposely pushing the narrative that you should be also considered town.

Barry strikes me as town. Love that he’s looking at the nuance. Beautiful.

34 minutes ago, CTM said:

over explaining, over reacting yo. Someone threw an ounce of shade at him on page 2 and it gardnered 2 paragraph  response

It was many someone. It was you. Anyone else and I’m not reacting that way - I lean in in you, because it’s sport.

I think you know this by now. Plus, the game is being played now, isn’t it?

4 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

This is fair, I could see how you could get that I guess. That’s not really what im Focused on though. Maybe I’m a bit biased here since I know I’m town, but once there’s multiple miller claims that’s open season for scum to rush in and also claim miller. It provides them with the most convenient cover for future negative investigations, the optimal play in a normal scenario where there aren’t multiple millers is probably to claim right away, and the more claims that follow the more they can narrow down their hunt for who to NK.

That’s why I suggested if there’s other millers they don’t reveal right away. And that’s why I think the lack of any discussion surrounding that and the rush to jump on the miller train is of particular interest.

I’ve said it already, but you keep saying this, so I’ll repeat it: to infer anything from the mass Miller claims = pointless. We don’t know anything about game mechanics yet.

I just don’t think it’s a viable “event” to form a case from, not yet at least.

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

Hinting, yes. 

Wild. Can you unpack how it would works? 

Is it a mechanic if the role that we’d solicit you for favors? Is it just killing? Or other tasks? 

Or, is it more a situation where you just said **** it and this is how you want to play your role - but it’s a role we’re all typically familiar with?

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wild. Can you unpack how it would works? 

Is it a mechanic if the role that we’d solicit you for favors? Is it just killing? Or other tasks? 

Or, is it more a situation where you just said **** it and this is how you want to play your role - but it’s a role we’re all typically familiar with?

Much more a character thing than a role thing. I have no powers. 

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’ve said it already, but you keep saying this, so I’ll repeat it: to infer anything from the mass Miller claims = pointless. We don’t know anything about game mechanics yet.

I just don’t think it’s a viable “event” to form a case from, not yet at least.

That’s fine, and it’s not lost on me that I may be reading too much info it at this point. That’s part of the reason I went back and looked at all the claims in order, and came mostly to the same conclusion: too early to tell yet because I think it fits the characters and is NAI for 4/5 of the following reveals. Stark i would have expected to slow it down a bit and at least acknowledge the game theory aspect of it, and as such is the only one I’m really looking at out of that group (for that reason) at this point.

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

That’s fine, and it’s not lost on me that I may be reading too much info it at this point. That’s part of the reason I went back and looked at all the claims in order, and came mostly to the same conclusion: too early to tell yet because I think it fits the characters and is NAI for 4/5 of the following reveals. Stark i would have expected to slow it down a bit and at least acknowledge the game theory aspect of it, and as such is the only one I’m really looking at out of that group (for that reason) at this point.

I expect Stark to be all role fishing 

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but the moment I got my role PM, I was already primed to reveal early as it was.  No later than the start of D2 to preempt a potential cop investigation and reveal.  

Others beating me to the punch and doing the same merely greased the wheels there.  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can't speak for anyone else, but the moment I got my role PM, I was already primed to reveal early as it was.  No later than the start of D2 to preempt a potential cop investigation and reveal.  

Others beating me to the punch and doing the same merely greased the wheels there.  

I got my role PM. Came to the thread, read the opening scene and was about to go back and look up the old game where CTM was a miller from like 10 years ago. I couldn't remember the details of how he played it, but then I saw his post revealing right away and was like ... oh, okay then. Spoot, you little ****er.

Yea, I was just like that. No exaggeration or over-explanation or anything. Just like that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I got my role PM. Came to the thread, read the opening scene and was about to go back and look up the old game where CTM was a miller from like 10 years ago. I couldn't remember the details of how he played it, but then I saw his post revealing right away and was like ... oh, okay then. Spoot, you little ****er.

Yea, I was just like that. No exaggeration or over-explanation or anything. Just like that. 

Shades of @Doggin94it's Police Academy game where everyone Town was a cop.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Shades of @Doggin94it's Police Academy game where everyone Town was a cop.  

Yep. 

I'm also gaming the mod a bit, because I think he had JVOR loook this setup over. I'm hoping this turns out to be like The Office, where there weren't really roles that mattered - it was all about items. That would be super ambitious.

• Upvote 1

Just look at that player list:

1 Crusher

2 CTM

3 JiF.

4 JF80

5 Vic

6 Slats

7 SMC

8 I28

9 Brett

10 Pac

11 Smash

12 Sharrow

13 Hess

14 AVM

15 Dan X

16 Ladyfriend

We had Vic, slats, SMC, Brett, Sharrow, AVM, Dan, and Pac's girlfriend playing in that one.  The Mafia goodness was so strong then.  

• Upvote 1